ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 791
« First < 162223242526 272829303676126526 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Wilson8 12:07 PM 02-19-2019
He will be the player with no name on his jersey. No II. No MD. No Senior will be allowed on jersey!!!
[Reply]
O.city 12:45 PM 02-19-2019

The Jets are not picking up the option for the final two years of DT Mike Pennel’s contract, per source. Today was the deadline to decide on an option bonus worth $1M, while Pennel is now headed to the open market as a free agent.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) February 19, 2019

RunKC's guy back out on the market.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:52 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I’d prefer to get rid of all of our safeties except watts and Lucas... start fresh there.

Safety was the weakest position group on the team and the only so so guys are significantly overpaid.
I was about to ask who other than them was there?

Oh yeah, ERIC BERRY.

Who hasn't played meaningful football in two years.

Yeah I'm with you. Watts has potential as an over the top safety, Lucas played at least sort of average-ish there. Sorensen is way overpaid for JAG.

And I agree that the Eric Berry lay-away plan must end.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:54 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:

RunKC's guy back out on the market.
We've got two NT's on the team already. Probably not a good fit. I wanted him too a year or two ago, whenever his last contract was up.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:07 PM 02-19-2019
Pelissaro says they’ll be tagging Ford for sure.

I get it if it’s him over Houston. Ford is the better pass rusher at this point and that is paramount for a team that should often be playing with leads.

Ford was the guy attracting double teams and chips in 2018, giving Houston the one on one opportunities. He will help the opposite side DE more so than Houston would for that reason alone.

Ford and Jones still gives you one of the best pass rush fronts in the league I’d say, but the cap savings from Houston can be used to strengthen the secondary and balance things out on that side of the ball.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:12 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:

I get it if it’s him over Houston. Ford is the better pass rusher at this point and that is paramount for a team that should often be playing with leads.

Ford was the guy attracting double teams and chips in 2018, giving Houston the one on one opportunities. He will help the opposite side DE more so than Houston would for that reason alone.

Ford and Jones still gives you one of the best pass rush fronts in the league I’d say, but the cap savings from Houston can be used to strengthen the secondary and balance things out on that side of the ball.
Until Ford gets hurt again.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:14 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Houston hasn’t exactly been a model of supreme durability lately. They’ve both had issues.

Just remember what Houston looked like in 2017 after Ford got hurt. Almost nonexistent as a pass rusher. He needed Ford in 2018 more than Ford needed Houston, and I think that’s how Veach sees it.
[Reply]
thabear04 01:16 PM 02-19-2019
So the tag for Dee Ford would of been $15.59M if he was staying Outside Linebacker but now his tag will be $20.5M since he will be transitioning to defensive end.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:17 PM 02-19-2019
Houston hasn’t exactly been a model of supreme durability lately. They’ve both had issues.

Just remember what Houston looked like in 2017 after Ford got hurt. Almost nonexistent as a pass rusher. He needed Ford in 2018 more than Ford needed Houston, and I think that’s how Veach sees it.
It doesn't matter who needed who. This past season was the outlier in a career, both college and pro, filled with injuries. Ford is going to get mauled as a 4-3 DE and he's going to break down. Giving him a guaranteed salary of 15-17M is just recreating the Eric Berry scenario all over again. Hopefully they can trade him and its moot.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:17 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That’s why one of our first 3 picks needs to be a pass rusher :-)
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:18 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by thabear04:
So the tag for Dee Ford would of been $15.59M if he was staying Outside Linebacker but now his tag will be $20.5M since he will be transitioning to defensive end.
Not necessarily. The rule is that they are labeled as the position from their previous season.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:18 PM 02-19-2019

Yeah. I get it. I just don't trust Ford to stay healthy. Neither of them really. I'd rather like...cut Houston, tag and trade Ford, sign Flowers. Use the $15 m or so you've got left to sign a decent SAM and a decent SS. But...that's getting pretty Madden-esque.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:18 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Or trade Ford and take TWO.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:18 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I totally agree with this. Jaylon Ferguson, come on DOWN
[Reply]
thabear04 01:19 PM 02-19-2019
Not necessarily. The rule is that they are labeled as the position from their previous season.
Okay so the person who has the info on him is wrong than thanks.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 791
« First < 162223242526 272829303676126526 > Last »
Up