ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 791
« First < 152122232425 262728293575125525 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Rausch 09:12 AM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
The amount of space that could be created by getting rid of Houston/ Berry and Ford must be weighing on Veach's mind I'm sure.
My guess is that's what they're mulling over now: complete rebuild or one more year with mostly the current talent.

Is it possible to trade Houston by any chance? Would there be many takers with that contract?
I doubt it. I doubt anyone wants Houston at his current contract being 30 years old. And whatever compensation we got (next to nothing) wouldn't be a reason to trade him.

Also heard on a podcast that the Texans could be interested In stepping off Clowney, would he be a good fit?
I would think but more in the Ford role. I think Clowney would be a big step up from Ford...
[Reply]
Rausch 09:14 AM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think you guys may end up disappointed

I’m guessing they restructure or try to with Houston, tag ford, keep berry and sign one decent sized free agent deal
And the complete rebuild option would be to restructure Berry, cut Houston, let Ford walk...
[Reply]
Rausch 09:19 AM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I’d love to keep Houston at the right price, but again, we won plenty of games without him since 2015 and that isn’t going to stop if he leaves.

Pay him what he is worth and nothing more.
What I don't like is his best position in the base kind of wastes his talent.

I get that he's basically playing the same spot he did last year in the nickel...
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:16 AM 02-19-2019
Whoa!
[Reply]
Rausch 10:21 AM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Whoa!
Cutting Sorensen is a no-brainer. The only shock is how he's stayed on the roster this long.

Cutting Houston makes sense as well (if we're totally rebuilding this D) but he's in my top 10 favorite Chiefs of all time. I hate that we will finally win a SB next year and guys like Houston and Berry won't be there to enjoy it...
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:22 AM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Cutting Sorensen is a no-brainer. The only shock is how he's stayed on the roster this long.

Cutting Houston makes sense as well (if we're totally rebuilding this D) but he's in my top 10 favorite Chiefs of all time. I hate that we will finally win a SB next year and guys like Houston and Berry won't be there to enjoy it...
oh no - I agree with you - I don't know that web page - but I'm sure it's true.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:26 AM 02-19-2019
That article is actually based on the speculation from Nate Taylor. I don't know that he ever said he expects them to be cut but more that cutting them would make sense.

I wouldn't get over-excited just yet. However, if they're going to tag and keep Ford, cutting Houston is almost a necessity.
[Reply]
O.city 10:27 AM 02-19-2019
I’m guessing Houston gets an extension of some sort to get the cap number down and berry stays
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:30 AM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That article is actually based on the speculation from Nate Taylor. I don't know that he ever said he expects them to be cut but more that cutting them would make sense.

I wouldn't get over-excited just yet. However, if they're going to tag and keep Ford, cutting Houston is almost a necessity.
Yeah I tried to make it clear that I don't know that page - I wouldn't be shocked - Another poster is right tho - Dan will take a cut (I'd imagine) - but then the question becomes does KC even want him at reduced salary?
[Reply]
BossChief 10:35 AM 02-19-2019
I’d prefer to get rid of all of our safeties except watts and Lucas... start fresh there.

Safety was the weakest position group on the team and the only so so guys are significantly overpaid.
[Reply]
Rausch 10:38 AM 02-19-2019
...but then the question becomes does KC even want him at reduced salary?
I hope not.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 11:16 AM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I’m guessing Houston gets an extension of some sort to get the cap number down and berry stays
Fuck no.

Both gone.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:27 AM 02-19-2019
Whoa!
Not disputing the report, but they don’t cite anything that Taylor said?

I fully expect Sorensen to go and I think Houston probably will be gone as well.
[Reply]
In58men 11:48 AM 02-19-2019
We have signed T Justin Senior.

[Reply]
Wilson8 11:56 AM 02-19-2019
OT Justin Senior 6-5, 330, 34 inch arms started at RT for 3 years at Mississippi State. He was a 6th round 2017 Seattle Seahawks draft pick. He was on IR for 2017 for Seattle
[Reply]
Page 25 of 791
« First < 152122232425 262728293575125525 > Last »
Up