ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 65 of 158
« First < 15556162636465 6667686975115 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Super Bowl Edition)
TLO 08:31 PM 01-24-2021
Second straight Super Bowl win incoming.

Time to send old man Brady out to pasture.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:14 AM 01-31-2021
The funniest thing about this many of the opposition's fans say we're bandwagoners when they don't know their dick from their eye socket

"Because Mahomes" triggers them
[Reply]
straycash 05:59 AM 01-31-2021
Tompa Bay sucks and Tom Brady is a pedophile
[Reply]
GingaChief 06:35 AM 01-31-2021
Wish the game was tonight. going to be a long week..
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 08:36 AM 01-31-2021
All I know is, Tompa Bay did everything they could to lose that game against the Packers. If Tom throws 3 pics against the Chiefs...come on man. Does any Bucs fan really think that their performance in the NFCCG is anywhere close to what they need to do to beat the Chiefs? Likewise, do any of them think that the Chiefs performance in the AFCCG against the "hot as hell" Bills is not good enough to beat the Bucs, a team they already beat in the regular season?

Look, I get it, they have Brady. But, Brady is NOT the reason they are here. Brady is the luckiest player in the NFL and there is no denying that. He does some amazing shit to be sure, but it's inconsistent as hell. The Chiefs are just flat out better on all sides of the ball, and for 60 minutes they cannot be beat.

Is it possible for the Bucs to win? Sure. If Mahomes has the worst game of his career, and if flags fall at opportune moments in the Bucs favor...but the thing is, the Chiefs don't need any of that luck in order to beat Tompa Bay. They just need to do what everyone KNOWS they can do.

I feel a Chiefs win by double digits. I don't think it'll be a blowout but they'll pull away late and sew up SB win number 2 in as many years.

Go Chiefs!
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:07 AM 01-31-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
All I know is, Tompa Bay did everything they could to lose that game against the Packers. If Tom throws 3 pics against the Chiefs...come on man. Does any Bucs fan really think that their performance in the NFCCG is anywhere close to what they need to do to beat the Chiefs? Likewise, do any of them think that the Chiefs performance in the AFCCG against the "hot as hell" Bills is not good enough to beat the Bucs, a team they already beat in the regular season?

Look, I get it, they have Brady. But, Brady is NOT the reason they are here. Brady is the luckiest player in the NFL and there is no denying that. He does some amazing shit to be sure, but it's inconsistent as hell. The Chiefs are just flat out better on all sides of the ball, and for 60 minutes they cannot be beat.

Is it possible for the Bucs to win? Sure. If Mahomes has the worst game of his career, and if flags fall at opportune moments in the Bucs favor...but the thing is, the Chiefs don't need any of that luck in order to beat Tompa Bay. They just need to do what everyone KNOWS they can do.

I feel a Chiefs win by double digits. I don't think it'll be a blowout but they'll pull away late and sew up SB win number 2 in as many years.

Go Chiefs!

The Bucs also picked heavily on a secondary that, aside from Jaire Alexander, isn’t very good. The Chiefs secondary doesn’t have a corner as good as Alexander (though Sneed is very good) but it also doesn’t have weak links that can just be picked on again and again.

And the weaker components - Sorenson and Ward - are still schemed into positions where their positive attributes can shine.

The Chiefs have better defensive personnel than Green Bay overall, even if people don’t realize it yet.
[Reply]
jhawkinVA 09:35 AM 01-31-2021
The biggest difference between these teams is that the Bucs offense can be lethal, but they need everything to click perfectly to be a success. Brady needs protection, his throw needs to be perfectly placed, and the wideout needs to make catches in tight windows. They've obviously shown they can do that, but it's also easier to get them off the field and pick them off.

While the Bucs offense looks like it's laboring, the Chiefs offense looks so smooth. If the line holds up decently well, it basically just comes down to avoiding open drops.

Brady may well avoid sacks this game, but he is going to put multiple passes into our guys' hands. We need to make these picks. We dropped too many interceptions against the Bills. With Brady's penchant for tossing the ball up into 50/50 situations when pressured instead of taking sacks like Allen, our secondary is going to have opportunities to make legacy-defining plays.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:01 AM 01-31-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
The Bucs also picked heavily on a secondary that, aside from Jaire Alexander, isn’t very good. The Chiefs secondary doesn’t have a corner as good as Alexander (though Sneed is very good) but it also doesn’t have weak links that can just be picked on again and again.

And the weaker components - Sorenson and Ward - are still schemed into positions where their positive attributes can shine.

The Chiefs have better defensive personnel than Green Bay overall, even if people don’t realize it yet.
More importantly, KC has twice the coaching on that side of the ball.

Positional all the way up to Spags, I’d put our defensive staff up against anyone.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:06 AM 01-31-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
carcosa 10:26 AM 01-31-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:

Go Chiefs!
Yip!
[Reply]
jhawkinVA 10:42 AM 01-31-2021
A lot has been made of the Chiefs winning "close" games.

Both the Chiefs and Bucs played 7 games against teams with 10+ wins.

Here are the win probabilities for each teams at halftime:

CHIEFS

Cleveland 97.3
Baltimore 94.9
Tampa Bay 88.1
Buffalo 85.3
Miami 84.9
Buffalo 71.9
New Orleans 68.4

TAMPA BAY

Green Bay 96.6
Green Bay 82.8
LA Rams 46
New Orleans 41.4
New Orleans 15.4
Kansas City 11.9
New Orleans 0.4

As you can see, the Bucs were great against Green Bay this year, but faced long odds entering the second half in their other 5 games against tough competition.

The Chiefs were in control on the road against New Orleans and Buffalo, but only win those games about 70% of the time. In their other 5 games against tough competition, the games were essentially over by halftime.

Looking at full game stats for these teams doesn't tell the story. The Bucs picked up a lot of yards that their opponents have them in garbage time.

The Chiefs did their damage in the first half and didn't collect as many yards as they played to protect leads, rather than risk turnovers.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:02 AM 01-31-2021
It's funny.

What this is all about is the simple fact that The Chiefs are by far the most talented team in football. If they take care of their business, they will beat anyone-and they usually do.

Other teams see a crack here, a potential weakness there, and if they squint just right and catch a break here or there, they can win and so they convince themselves that they will.

But the reality is-unless The Chiefs just have one of those games where they aren't focused they're going to win.

And that's hard for other fans to understand.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:18 AM 01-31-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
It's funny.

What this is all about is the simple fact that The Chiefs are by far the most talented team in football. If they take care of their business, they will beat anyone-and they usually do.

Other teams see a crack here, a potential weakness there, and if they squint just right and catch a break here or there, they can win and so they convince themselves that they will.

But the reality is-unless The Chiefs just have one of those games where they aren't focused they're going to win.

And that's hard for other fans to understand.
Exactly.

And it's not like Browns fans or the few other respectful fans have come here and bowed down to the Chiefs and asked for mercy... they've come here with their own insights with an understanding that their own teams have their own strengths and weaknesses, and they want to talk about those match ups.

Everyone else wants to shove their team down our throats and talk about all the momentums and "how do the Chiefs account for this amazingness" and so forth, which is even funnier when the Chiefs have already beaten them once this season and shown them first hand...

...but.... uh... you're the underdog? Shouldn't you be asking yourself those same questions about your team? :-)
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 11:25 AM 01-31-2021
Been watching some of the games this weekend. I would like to see us come out in a hurry up, or at least get into it after a few first downs. They like to sub linemen in, especially Vita, on longer yardage downs. Work them sideline to sideline with Jet Sweeps and sprint out passes and start getting them worn down early.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:38 AM 01-31-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Been watching some of the games this weekend. I would like to see us come out in a hurry up, or at least get into it after a few first downs. They like to sub linemen in, especially Vita, on longer yardage downs. Work them sideline to sideline with Jet Sweeps and sprint out passes and start getting them worn down early.
I think we come out slinging it and try to wear those linemen down early.

Then 2nd half, you can run it or pass as needed. It worked against a Saints DL who we were very outmatched by.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:39 AM 01-31-2021
Should I be worried about how confident I am about this game?

I was never worried about the Buffalo game & Tampa Bay scares me even less. I was just thinking about how this could all blow up in my face but I'm feeling there isn't a team in the NFL that scares me anymore. If they Chiefs don't win this game by 14-21pts, I'm going to be disappointed.

It's crazy for a Chiefs fan to feel this way.
[Reply]
Page 65 of 158
« First < 15556162636465 6667686975115 > Last »
Up