ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 73 of 173
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783123 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 08:04 AM 02-13-2016
Airports to avoid.
O'Hare. Newark. JFK. LaGuardia. ATL. Philly.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:37 AM 02-13-2016
Originally Posted by ChiefGator:
Well.. a small price to pay for an otherwise most awesome trip I guess. :-)
This...
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:54 AM 02-13-2016
Sorry you're having trouble Ed. Hopefully it turns around soon. Stay strong man. I'm thinking about you.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 09:36 PM 02-13-2016
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Sorry you're having trouble Ed. Hopefully it turns around soon. Stay strong man. I'm thinking about you.
My feet are a bit better in that I can walk at a normal pace without wincing too much. I went out for dinner tonight and had my first pint of brew of the year. It was KC Bier Company's dunkel. Up until now, I've had half shot glasses of beer since the year started. I didn't gulp it down, just savored it. I go in for more chemo on Monday, so I figured now was the best time for a pint. I've got to keep up my endurance for Europe, right?
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 09:46 PM 02-13-2016
Ed, have ten pints. Keep up the heroic fight!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 09:50 PM 02-13-2016
Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop:
Ed, have ten pints. Keep up the heroic fight!
I can't have that many now! But soon, soon. When I am in Denmark, if anyone in marketing is paying attention, they are going to notice a spike in sales of brown ale!
[Reply]
srvy 10:01 PM 02-13-2016
Thats good news Ed having pain in your feet is a son of a bitch. Just no way can stay off them it must have been aggravating. That beer must have tasted awesome its the simple things in life we miss the most. Keep fighting Ed I think we all agree in here your one of our CP hero's. Your still in my thoughts and prayers and have a blast on your upcoming trip.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:30 AM 02-14-2016
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
My feet are a bit better in that I can walk at a normal pace without wincing too much. I went out for dinner tonight and had my first pint of brew of the year. It was KC Bier Company's dunkel. Up until now, I've had half shot glasses of beer since the year started. I didn't gulp it down, just savored it. I go in for more chemo on Monday, so I figured now was the best time for a pint. I've got to keep up my endurance for Europe, right?
I have no idea if it will work for you or not but I use okeefes healthy feet. It's good on split feet and dry feet. It's worth a shot anyway.

Enjoy the beers.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 12:44 AM 02-14-2016
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I have no idea if it will work for you or not but I use okeefes healthy feet. It's good on split feet and dry feet. It's worth a shot anyway.

Enjoy the beers.
I put some of that same stuff on my feet earlier. The regular Vaseline extra strength for men dry skin stuff was not giving me much relief. Now if I can just warm my feet up! They're blasted cold! I can't sleep if my feet are freezing.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:06 AM 02-14-2016
I put some of that same stuff on my feet earlier. The regular Vaseline extra strength for men dry skin stuff was not giving me much relief. Now if I can just warm my feet up! They're blasted cold! I can't sleep if my feet are freezing.
I've heard this is good stuff:

and then these perhaps??

[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 11:57 PM 02-16-2016
Socks often hurt my feet more than not. When I got treatment on Monday, the nurse who oversaw my chemo IV bags asked if I was in any pain and I said not from the ankles up and she had me show her my feet. She called my doc and told him about it, and said I had the option to skip that type of chemo that gives me the rashes and is messing my feet up. I opted out for this treatment. My feet feel a lot better today, but there is still the problem under my right big toe where it is cracked from side to side. I am walking at nearly my normal pace, even with some pain involved. I am less nauseated and have less fatigue, as well, so that one treatment is a real bitch.

Unfortunately, the chemo that gives me the runs was administered and it has not hit me yet. I will be taking immodium A.D. with me to the Black Sabbath concert to be safe. I do not want to listen to the show from the crapper. I get my pump unhooked at noon and I have to go by Wal-Mart to pick up a refill, take a shower since I can't for the 2 days I am hooked up to the chemo pump, then head out to my friend Rod's for some grub. Chipp and Jeff are also going to the show and our seats are all together and pretty good, too: First level, section 105, row 14, seats 5 to 8, on Geezer's side of the stage. I am ready for a hell of a show!
[Reply]
ChiefGator 06:29 AM 02-17-2016
Going to be awesome.. enjoy the show man!
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:46 AM 02-17-2016
Socks often hurt my feet more than not. When I got treatment on Monday, the nurse who oversaw my chemo IV bags asked if I was in any pain and I said not from the ankles up and she had me show her my feet. She called my doc and told him about it, and said I had the option to skip that type of chemo that gives me the rashes and is messing my feet up. I opted out for this treatment. My feet feel a lot better today, but there is still the problem under my right big toe where it is cracked from side to side. I am walking at nearly my normal pace, even with some pain involved. I am less nauseated and have less fatigue, as well, so that one treatment is a real bitch.

Unfortunately, the chemo that gives me the runs was administered and it has not hit me yet. I will be taking immodium A.D. with me to the Black Sabbath concert to be safe. I do not want to listen to the show from the crapper. I get my pump unhooked at noon and I have to go by Wal-Mart to pick up a refill, take a shower since I can't for the 2 days I am hooked up to the chemo pump, then head out to my friend Rod's for some grub. Chipp and Jeff are also going to the show and our seats are all together and pretty good, too: First level, section 105, row 14, seats 5 to 8, on Geezer's side of the stage. I am ready for a hell of a show!
ENJOY!

I saw the Chicago show and it was fantastic. Rattled the rafters. Not much on the new tunes, but the classics sounded legit. Ozzy is...Ozzy. but Geezer and Tony are still #1.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:35 AM 02-17-2016

Enjoy it Sir. Close your eyes, and soak it in.
[Reply]
srvy 12:59 PM 03-02-2016
Hey Ed haven't heard from ya in while. I know trip is getting closer and off season and all. We all are thinking of ya check in when can. I think its ok to say we all enjoy hearing your progress reports. Take care update us when ya can.
[Reply]
Page 73 of 173
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783123 > Last »
Up