ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 60 of 173
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470110160 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 11:55 AM 10-20-2015
You don't like white bread? LOL
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 11:58 AM 10-20-2015
I don't know why that's funny to me. I guess because I've never heard of anyone not liking it.

I prefer wheat, myself.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 12:00 PM 10-20-2015
Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave:
You don't like white bread? LOL
I detest it! When I was a kid and visited Grandma in Denmark, she had old style unsliced loaves of sour rye bread and would send me to the duck pond in the village with bread that was starting to get too old. It smelled so good to me, I'd eat half of it myself and give the rest to the ducks. I am going to be baking my own rye bread on Friday and serving it Saturday for my Octoberfeast party. I am making sauerbraten as the main dish. I love my rye bread with butter and either Havarti or extra sharp cheddar on it.
[Reply]
srvy 12:36 PM 10-20-2015
Give me a ham sandwich on a dark black pumpernickel rye swiss cheese and quality spicy mustard and far as I know thats all ya need right there.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 12:40 PM 10-20-2015
Originally Posted by srvy:
Give me a ham sandwich on a dark black pumpernickel rye swiss cheese and quality spicy mustard and far as I know thats all ya need right there.
A piece of lettuce is good on that, too, but good mustard, now that is the stuff. I had a packet of Heinz mustard for my sandwich, and I am glad they gave me anti-nausea meds before the chemo bags today. It's not the chemo making my gut hurt today. Maybe the heartburn can dissolve that mass of white bread. Does the bleach used to get that special whiteness in the flour cancel out stomach acids?
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 12:46 PM 10-20-2015
I love pumpernickel. Not easy to find.
[Reply]
srvy 12:52 PM 10-20-2015
Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave:
I love pumpernickel. Not easy to find.
Yeah the store bought isn't the same as from a German bakery but works in a pinch.

The Pepperidge Farms eyes are not to bad. Also the grocery store bakeries can be surprisingly good. Sam's club had a good one once.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 01:16 PM 10-20-2015
Where is the love for Jayice? I haven't seen him since this morning in the lobby where I sit before blood draws and waiting to get called to see the doc.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 07:41 AM 10-21-2015
Nobody remembers Jayice? Number 24, played for Marty, 7 career INTs, a few sacks. He was not a great CB, got burned by Elway a lot (but then didn't they all on this team?)
[Reply]
srvy 08:54 AM 10-21-2015
I remember and you describe his career to a tee. But always seemed a good dude and a Chief to the core. Hope he is ok maybe he was there doing charity work. If it is cancer treatments I will let him do as he see'e fit I guess. We all have degrees of privacy.

Prayers to everyone going through this disgusting disease. Hope in my lifetime they figure this shit out and wipe it from the planet.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 08:56 AM 10-21-2015
I remember and you describe his career to a tee. But always seemed a good dude and a Chief to the core. Hope he is ok maybe he was there doing charity work. If it is cancer treatments I will let him do as he see'e fit I guess. We all have degrees of privacy.

Prayers to everyone going through this disgusting disease. Hope in my lifetime they figure this shit out and wipe it from the planet.
Unfortunately, he was filling out the same paperwork as me, that being a list of symptoms and side effects that one has had since the last visit.

And as for me this morning, I am parched and hungry, don't feel nauseated like I did yesterday, although it was about a 2 on the 10 points of pain and suffering scale. I am going to make a late breakfast and down my various medications. I don't feel as weak and slow as I did after the treatment either and the rash has not come roaring back yet, but I know what to expect if it does, so that is something in my favor.
[Reply]
DaNewGuy 09:12 AM 10-21-2015
Jayice is a little before my time, My earliest memory of the Chiefs is the rain game they played against Seattle in 98 I think? But anyways sending my thoughts and good vibes his way and to you to Ed. Cliche I know but keep fighting and bring better food with ya :-)
[Reply]
ChiefGator 09:15 AM 10-21-2015
You should ask a nurse if it is true that white bread causes cancer.. since you don't want to catch that, on top of all your other problems! :-)
[Reply]
scho63 09:34 AM 10-21-2015
:-)
[Reply]
scho63 09:36 AM 10-21-2015
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
Nobody remembers Jayice? Number 24, played for Marty, 7 career INTs, a few sacks. He was not a great CB, got burned by Elway a lot (but then didn't they all on this team?)
Sadly, I remember Jayice Pearson very well :-)
[Reply]
Page 60 of 173
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470110160 > Last »
Up