ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 173
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109159 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
DaNewGuy 03:58 AM 10-12-2015
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
Heartburn woke me up way too early, but temporarily. I have been getting that fairly often with the new treatment. I will be going back to bed after this post. So, today is my 48th birthday and I will make a birthday wish for a Royals win, for members here to take some deep breaths and not snap at one another over the debacle at Arrowhead on Sunday, and for me to not end up diabetic since my friends brought me tiramisu, baklava, and a big gooey chocolate cake. I already finished off the bag of black jellybeans, because my will is only so strong. I said I just wanted birthday cards, but they didn't listen.

I have to go in to the cancer center today late, at 3:45 pm, for a blood test and visit with the doc, but no treatment today. That will be next week. I hope they don't have a cake waiting for me today.
Happy birthday Ed! Have a good day man . Making me wish I had some sweets in my damn house :-)
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:36 AM 10-12-2015
Happy Birthday, brother!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 06:47 AM 10-12-2015
Originally Posted by DaNewGuy:
Happy birthday Ed! Have a good day man . Making me wish I had some sweets in my damn house :-)
I'd gladly hand them over to you! If I eat all that, I will be diabetic as hell by sundown.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:40 AM 10-12-2015
Happy birthday Lone. And many more...
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 08:46 AM 10-12-2015
Happy Burthday! Keep hanging!
[Reply]
Gadzooks 04:17 PM 10-12-2015
:-)Happy Birthday Ed!:-)
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 04:23 PM 10-12-2015
HBD, Ed!
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:52 PM 10-12-2015
HBD Ed. All the best.

I'm sure the doctors have it under control but prednisone is kind of hard on the liver. Since you are abusing it anyway, might be good to have them reassure you that it's OK.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 06:55 PM 10-12-2015
I told my doc today that I had a half shot glass of chocolate stout and she didn't fuss me, so I suppose it was ok!
[Reply]
Chromatic 07:01 PM 10-12-2015
Happy Birthday, duder. Hope you enjoyed it.
[Reply]
srvy 07:26 PM 10-12-2015
Sound like its been a Happy Birthday Royals win, black jelly beans, baklava, gooey German chocolate cake. Jelly Belly black beans? Because those are pretty good. HBD Ed.
[Reply]
DaNewGuy 02:12 AM 10-20-2015
How's everything going Ed?
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 08:43 AM 10-20-2015
I am at the cancer center today awaiting treatment and I have some not so good news. I looked up and saw a familiar face in the center today, waiting on the docs like me. It was Jayice Pearson. I said hello to him and asked if he was Jayice and he said yes, then asked how I was doing. He seems upbeat and looks good, so maybe it is early on with treatments or his cancer is not that bad, but I didn't ask. I thought maybe the "what are you in for" would be prying so I just asked how he was doing after I said I was doing well so far.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 08:51 AM 10-20-2015
Keep fighting.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 11:21 AM 10-20-2015
I'm hungry so when the lunch lady came by, I asked for a ham sandwich. It's on disgusting white bread! Even with the mustard I put on, I am about to choke on every bite. How can such flavorless bread be so blasted hard to chew? Feh. That is it. I am bringing my own lunches from now on.
[Reply]
Page 59 of 173
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109159 > Last »
Up