ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 113 of 173
« First < 1363103109110111112113 114115116117123163 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:26 PM 09-21-2016
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
Since I won't have chemo until Monday, another Sam Adams!
Cheers!

(sips my sweet tea).
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 09:49 PM 09-21-2016
I don't know if he has posted elsewhere, but I got a message from Saccopoo today. He's alive, he's alive!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:52 PM 09-21-2016
I don't know if he has posted elsewhere, but I got a message from Saccopoo today. He's alive, he's alive!
That's some good news man.. He's well?
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 09:55 PM 09-21-2016
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
That's some good news man.. He's well?
He didn't say anything about himself, just asked how I was. I replied asking what his situation is, and am waiting to see how he is getting along.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:01 PM 09-21-2016
He didn't say anything about himself, just asked how I was. I replied asking what his situation is, and am waiting to see how he is getting along.
Please let him know he, too, is in all of our prayers.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 11:19 AM 09-23-2016
I got good and bad news from my scan this past Monday. Tumors and some lymph nodes have shrunk, stuff in my lungs shrunk, but one lymph node got bigger and I have signs of vascular necrosis in one of my hips.

My neutrophils were low again, so I wouldn't have had treatment today. I go in Monday and if they are high enough, then I will get the stuff.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:21 PM 09-23-2016
I got good and bad news from my scan this past Monday. Tumors and some lymph nodes have shrunk, stuff in my lungs shrunk, but one lymph node got bigger and I have signs of vascular necrosis in one of my hips.

My neutrophils were low again, so I wouldn't have had treatment today. I go in Monday and if they are high enough, then I will get the stuff.
May Yehohvah bless and keep you, may His face shine upon you.

Amen.
[Reply]
patteeu 08:59 PM 09-23-2016

Sounds like mostly good news. The vascular necrosis probably isn't a near-term worry.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 05:52 AM 09-26-2016
I am off to the center shortly for treatment, if my blood cell counts are acceptable. If not, I'll have to wait a few days and go in for it. Over the weekend, the swollen lymph nodes seem to have shrunk on their own, based on how I don't feel them so much now. Still no pains in either hip, so I have no idea which on has Bo Jacksonitis.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 07:25 AM 09-26-2016
Good luck today, Sir.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 10:14 AM 09-26-2016
No chemo today. The neutrophils came up some, to 900, but not the 1200 minimum. I go in next Monday and may get less of a dosage of the chemo, since it seems to be tearing into my immune system harder now. I asked to be set up with one of the cute nurses, but they said they can't assign one to me. "What, I've been coming here for two years now, you guys owe me!" I said, in protest. They said they would get me a nice nurse. Well, hell, they are all nice. I want a hottie, and if she is a naughty nurse, all the better.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 10:29 AM 09-26-2016
No chemo today. The neutrophils came up some, to 900, but not the 1200 minimum. I go in next Monday and may get less of a dosage of the chemo, since it seems to be tearing into my immune system harder now. I asked to be set up with one of the cute nurses, but they said they can't assign one to me. "What, I've been coming here for two years now, you guys owe me!" I said, in protest. They said they would get me a nice nurse. Well, hell, they are all nice. I want a hottie, and if she is a naughty nurse, all the better.
Hot and naughty? Nurse jackpot.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 10:30 AM 09-26-2016
All you really need is naughty. There are light switches to fix a lack of hotness.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 10:39 AM 09-26-2016
Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop:
Hot and naughty? Nurse jackpot.
There are a few who are hotties there, but I don't know if they are naughty or not. If they are, why are they holding out on a poor bastard like me who has been ravaged by chemo for over two years now?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:31 PM 09-26-2016
I am off to the center shortly for treatment, if my blood cell counts are acceptable. If not, I'll have to wait a few days and go in for it. Over the weekend, the swollen lymph nodes seem to have shrunk on their own, based on how I don't feel them so much now. Still no pains in either hip, so I have no idea which on has Bo Jacksonitis.
Fight on Sir.
[Reply]
Page 113 of 173
« First < 1363103109110111112113 114115116117123163 > Last »
Up