ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 341 of 791
« First < 241291331337338339340341 342343344345351391441 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
O.city 08:53 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Doesn't seem that any are available. At least no rumors swirling.
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
How many teams are looking to give up premier corners in March? I just doubt that it’s really gonna be an option for us.
It wouldn't happen now, would probably be around draft time.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:54 AM 03-12-2019
Also, haven’t had a chance to comment on it, but holy fuck CJ Mosley(!!!)

Getting almost double what Hitchens got. Unbelievable really. Totally fucks the ILB market.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:54 AM 03-12-2019
Just say - nobody ever comes forward w/ an offer on Ford? what then? Absolutely keep?
[Reply]
RunKC 08:54 AM 03-12-2019
I think best case scenario, you get a 2nd for Ford, use that money to pick up about 3 defensive vet players. Guys who you know will make the 53, could potentially start, but if nothing else provide great depth and leadership.

Guys like Chris Long.
Packers were clearly the best option for a trade partner and now that’s gone. There was a report that the Chiefs might have to settle on a high 3rd for Ford.

Hell no. Just let him go now and use his money on multiple talented players right now and hopefully collect a 3rd rd comp next season.

If your DC is wary of a player, why the fuck are you paying him almost $16 million? That makes no damn sense
[Reply]
Gravedigger 08:56 AM 03-12-2019
Also, haven’t had a chance to comment on it, but holy **** CJ Mosley(!!!)

Getting almost double what Hitchens got. Unbelievable really. Totally ****s the ILB market.
Yep, drafting them seems the only way to go nowadays just to have a few years of cap friendly return.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 08:56 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I’m so shocked that the Colts haven’t spent very much at all despite having more money than anyone at the start of this whole thing.

What the hell is Ballard holding it for?
He's gonna buy four houses and a hotel.
[Reply]
DRM08 08:56 AM 03-12-2019
Packers were clearly the best option for a trade partner and now that’s gone. There was a report that the Chiefs might have to settle on a high 3rd for Ford.

Hell no. Just let him go now and use his money on multiple talented players right now and hopefully collect a 3rd rd comp next season.

If your DC is wary of a player, why the **** are you paying him almost $16 million? That makes no damn sense
Can they still let him go or is it too late?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:56 AM 03-12-2019

If your DC is wary of a player, why the fuck are you paying him almost $16 million? That makes no damn sense
By the end of this FA period, someone is bound to need an edge bad enough to consider a trade. But I’m bracing for 3rd round compensation.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:57 AM 03-12-2019
The poor Ravens have lost almost everyone from that defense. They’re gonna struggle a lot next year I’d say.
[Reply]
O.city 08:57 AM 03-12-2019
Only issue i'd have with just removing the tag and letting him walk at this point is you're going to have to rely on Tanoh, Speaks and a draft pick to rush the passer.

If that's the route they were gonna go, they should have rescinded it a while ago so they could potentially sign someone.

If they can sign someone else and revamp the D while keeping him on, that's fine with me.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:58 AM 03-12-2019

Thank you.
[Reply]
O.city 08:59 AM 03-12-2019

Packers are releasing Nick Perry after agreeing to terms Preston Smith and ZaDarius Smith. Was set to make $11M this season. Will b e a market for him for sure. Young enough and is healthy after battling injuries in 2018

— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) March 12, 2019

[Reply]
htismaqe 08:59 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Only issue i'd have with just removing the tag and letting him walk at this point is you're going to have to rely on Tanoh, Speaks and a draft pick to rush the passer.

If that's the route they were gonna go, they should have rescinded it a while ago so they could potentially sign someone.

If they can sign someone else and revamp the D while keeping him on, that's fine with me.
If he gets hurt again, they're relying on those guys anyway AND they're out $16M. Why take the risk? Just use the money to get more depth.
[Reply]
O.city 08:59 AM 03-12-2019
If you have a settle on a 3rd just take that instead. Why would you release him and get nothing?
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:00 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
If you have a settle on a 3rd just take that instead. Why would you release him and get nothing?
Sure, I'd take the 3rd. But right now, do you honestly think they're going to get anything for him given the market?
[Reply]
Page 341 of 791
« First < 241291331337338339340341 342343344345351391441 > Last »
Up