ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 14
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CBA is heading to the players for a vote
ShowtimeSBMVP 12:10 AM 02-26-2020

The NFLPA Board of Player Representatives voted to send the proposed collective bargaining agreement to the membership for a vote. #NFLPA #CBA

— George Atallah (@GeorgeAtallah) February 26, 2020

CBA goes out to players for a vote at 9 am ET. Voting window will stay open 7 days, per source.

— Dan Graziano (@DanGrazianoESPN) March 5, 2020

An update on our CBA vote: pic.twitter.com/d8P5KoFYP6

— NFLPA (@NFLPA) March 9, 2020

[Reply]
Bob Dole 05:55 PM 02-26-2020
More than 50% of the players in the league are playing at league min. I think it passes.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 06:10 PM 02-26-2020

My thoughts. # pic.twitter.com/VOmCSNiI4f

— Aaron Rodgers (@AaronRodgers12) February 26, 2020

[Reply]
Marcellus 06:17 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky:
I absolutely do know about retirement planning the NFL does for players. Can you explain to me what they do for healthcare for the families of players?
I would love to know how the NFL is responsible for the lifetime healthcare of the players family.

Please do justify that idea.
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:27 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
There are definitely jobs that cause that other than the nfl...

And who’s fault is it that they aren’t good at planning ahead?
These systems already exist, if you work for SAUTO and you lose a thumb on the job workman's comp pays a lump sum.

All on the job injuries have a litigated cost.

If you make a real career out of the NFL and cant figure out how to make medical insurance affordable until you are 60 or 65 and qualify for medicate then thats your own damn fault.

The NFL is no more risky for most players than many other jobs these days.(Police, first responders, military, pipe fitter, construction worker etc...) Its all a crock of shit narrative driven by the players association and dramatizing the sport itself.
[Reply]
BossChief 07:17 PM 02-26-2020
I absolutely do know about retirement planning the NFL does for players. Can you explain to me what they do for healthcare for the families of players?
The same as any other job.

Maybe you should go to the kids table while the adults are talking.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:23 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
well there's about 200 players in the nba every year and 2000 in the nfl...

the nba has about 8 billion in revenue a year and the nfl has about 8.1 billion in revenue a year.

if you cant figure it out i dont know what to tell you.
where are you getting those numbers?
NFL 11.2 Billion
NBA 6. 3 billion

The NFL has double the revenue of most sports. Nothing is even close.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...ues_by_revenue
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:26 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
where are you getting those numbers?
NFL 11.2 Billion
NBA 6. 3 billion

The NFL has double the revenue of most sports. Nothing is even close.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...ues_by_revenue
MLB hit $10.7 Billion in revenues last year
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 09:22 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The Astros will be responsible for that going down a bill or two in the coming couple of yrs
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:54 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
geezz and the ratings for the World Series and the playoffs are for shit.
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 10:02 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
The same as any other job.

Maybe you should go to the kids table while the adults are talking.
Cute. I guess you don’t have much to bring to the table on this one.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:18 AM 02-27-2020
Cute. I guess you don’t have much to bring to the table on this one.
Before the rookies set foot on the field for even a preseason game they go through a whole seminar on the importance of investing your money and saving it. It’s ran by the league and has a bunch of former players involved to influence players that are coming into the league to make smart decisions.

What employers cover former employees and their families health care for life after they no longer work for them?

ESPECIALLY CONTRACTORS. LIKE NFL PLAYERS.

If a player coming through the league in today’s game goes bankrupt or doesn’t take care of their own families health care after football, that’s on them.

1) they left the league a millionaire even if they are a late rounder or an UDFA that played 3 years.

2) they left college hopefully with a free degree.

3) They have been shown and told exactly how to protect your financial future.

After that, it’s on them and there’s nothing wrong with that.
[Reply]
jjjayb 12:46 AM 02-27-2020
What a bunch of whiny babies. The truth is any one of us on this board would kill to play in the NFL. If you don't like it, then leave. Go play in the fucking xfl you bunch of whiny bitches.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:38 AM 02-27-2020
Most of the vocal opposition to the CBA are older players looking for another payday that want to work less.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:57 AM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by jjjayb:
What a bunch of whiny babies. The truth is any one of us on this board would kill to play in the NFL. If you don't like it, then leave. Go play in the ****ing xfl you bunch of whiny bitches.
Yeah well no one on this board can go play, because no one on here has anywhere close to the skill of an NFL player and no one wants to watch and damn sure doesn't want to pay to watch a bunch of fat bald fucks with goatees playing football. That's why they get paid the big bucks because without these extremely talented individuals there would be no NFL, you incredibly dumb bitch.

Why would a player that wants more money go play for the XFL? Hell no one on here has the talent to even play in that shit league and none of those guys can make it in the NFL. Why the hell do you think all these different leagues shut down? Because people wanna watch the best athletes play, so these athletes can ask for whatever they want. Are you seriously that jealous?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:23 AM 02-27-2020
Taking the game check cap off game 17 is a good move. Getting the players to 48 or 48.5 percent of revenue is a good deal.

I'd like to see the NFL players union work with the league to set up some retirement and healthcare services (pensions) like the MLB. The money is there, just a matter of getting guys to literally pay dues.

For a career that requires sacrifices from the body, those make sense.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 14
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up