ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 14
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CBA is heading to the players for a vote
ShowtimeSBMVP 12:10 AM 02-26-2020

The NFLPA Board of Player Representatives voted to send the proposed collective bargaining agreement to the membership for a vote. #NFLPA #CBA

— George Atallah (@GeorgeAtallah) February 26, 2020

CBA goes out to players for a vote at 9 am ET. Voting window will stay open 7 days, per source.

— Dan Graziano (@DanGrazianoESPN) March 5, 2020

An update on our CBA vote: pic.twitter.com/d8P5KoFYP6

— NFLPA (@NFLPA) March 9, 2020

[Reply]
Hoover 03:14 PM 02-26-2020
A Bird In The Hand Is Worth Two In The Bush

I get that they want more, and don't like the extra game, but we all knew it was coming.

The players also realize that an approved deal will allow the NFL to sign HUGE new TV contracts. Don't fool yourselves, they want that money just as bad as the owners do.
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 03:52 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Yea it's called the players care more about the money, fuck the dudes that came before them and yea it won't happen to me etc etc. The owners know this so it's never taken care of.
If you read the article there are two kinds healthcare being discussed. 1) treatment for former players for injuries sustained during work 2) healthcare for former players and their families for non-workplace related injury and sickness.

Scenario one is really confusing and is a shit show because of different states have different workers comp laws. The NFL can't make a rule for all 32 teams because they all have different workers comp laws to follow. An NFL player in California is significantly more likely to win a workers comp suit than one in Ohio.

The article did a great job on scenario two: "As for non-injury lifetime health care, the NFLPA says it did the research into the potential cost and found it prohibitive. One NFLPA source said the union went to "four or five" different major health care providers, and only one of them was willing to do the actuarial work and offer an estimate. The estimated cost of lifetime health care for players and their families was between $1.5 billion and $2 billion per year. Carving that amount out of the players' share of revenue under the current CBA, the union estimates that the players' share would effectively drop from its level of about 47% to about 43%. That's a heavy cost at a time when the players are interesting in increasing their proportional share of league revenues."

My point is that it would be fair for the owners and the players to split the cost of healthcare insurance. As it stands now, the owners are saying fuck you, it comes completely out of your pot of the money.

edit: And just to pile on, the playoff changes suck balls. I don't mind the extra regular season game though.
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 03:55 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
or , you know, these guys that are making at least 100k a year could just pay for insurance like everyone else...
Because everyone else doesn't have jobs that are proven to damage their life expectancy and brain function. Plus the majority of these guys aren't good at planning ahead. The NFL should help them or have some sort of program in place.
[Reply]
BossChief 04:05 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky:
Because everyone else doesn't have jobs that are proven to damage their life expectancy and brain function. Plus the majority of these guys aren't good at planning ahead. The NFL should help them or have some sort of program in place.
You obviously know very little about what the league does to help players plan ahead.

You can lead a hoe to water, but ya can’t make her think.

Ya dig?
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 04:08 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
You obviously know very little about what the league does to help players plan ahead.

You can lead a hoe to water, but ya can’t make her think.

Ya dig?
I absolutely do know about retirement planning the NFL does for players. Can you explain to me what they do for healthcare for the families of players?
[Reply]
ghak99 04:11 PM 02-26-2020
People in the real world don't have jobs that damage their body and brain? :-)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:12 PM 02-26-2020
So I take this wont pass?
[Reply]
staylor26 04:15 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
No, it will pass.
[Reply]
Mecca 04:19 PM 02-26-2020
It will probably pass because the NFL owners are smart enough to cater the deal to the majority of players who don't make a lot of money so 100k looks like a lot to them.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:37 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:

It will definitely pass.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 04:43 PM 02-26-2020
So, is the vote happening today or not? The OP says yes, but a tweet was posted earlier saying that it won't be for weeks. Nobody replied to that either way.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 04:59 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
So, is the vote happening today or not? The OP says yes, but a tweet was posted earlier saying that it won't be for weeks. Nobody replied to that either way.
Any where from tomorrow or two weeks. Lawyers are drawing up the paper work.
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:31 PM 02-26-2020
There are definitely jobs that cause that other than the nfl...

And who’s fault is it that they aren’t good at planning ahead?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05:33 PM 02-26-2020
Any guesses?

Just got this text from an NFL player on the NFLPA vote

“Idgaf about an extra game we get paid lol”

— Mike Renner (@PFF_Mike) February 26, 2020

[Reply]
SAUTO 05:47 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Any guesses?

There are more players that feel that way than you know
[Reply]