ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 14
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CBA is heading to the players for a vote
ShowtimeSBMVP 12:10 AM 02-26-2020

The NFLPA Board of Player Representatives voted to send the proposed collective bargaining agreement to the membership for a vote. #NFLPA #CBA

— George Atallah (@GeorgeAtallah) February 26, 2020

CBA goes out to players for a vote at 9 am ET. Voting window will stay open 7 days, per source.

— Dan Graziano (@DanGrazianoESPN) March 5, 2020

An update on our CBA vote: pic.twitter.com/d8P5KoFYP6

— NFLPA (@NFLPA) March 9, 2020

[Reply]
Wilson8 12:41 PM 02-26-2020
Part of a NFL.com story. The removal of the $250,000 cap for the 17th game would be a big change in the original proposal. See below in red.

Originally Posted by :
The proposal secured on Tuesday night the approval of a majority of the 32 player representatives to be passed to the union's near-2,000 dues-paying members for a vote of ratification. NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported that because the board of reps forwarded the proposed CBA without a recommendation, it did not need to require a two-thirds majority.

Per Pelissero, the vote was 17-14, with 1 abstaining.

The vote to ratify the new CBA requires a simple majority, or 50 percent, of players to pass. Pelissero reported late Tuesday night, that that vote is a "virtual certainty." In football terms, Pelissero reported, the league and the players are "on the 1-yard line towards 10 years of labor peace."

Pelissero adds the timing of the final vote to ratify the CBA is still to be determined.
Tuesday's meeting was attended by all eight members of the NFL Management Council Executive Committee, which negotiates on the owners' behalf, Pelissero reported. Multiple player representatives, including Richard Sherman, Russell Okung and Benjamin Watson, were also in attendance.

All owners and players left the meeting without commenting. Union reps also did not provide comment at this time.

Tuesday's sit-down, which lasted nearly four hours, was scheduled after the NFLPA executive committee voted Friday not to recommend the owner-approved CBA proposal to its members.

Included in the latest proposal are the option to expand to a 17-game regular season, an increase in players' share of total revenue to at least 48 percent and the expansion of the playoff field to 14 teams beginning in 2020. Owners agreed to remove $250K cap on the 17th game check for existing contracts, but rejected a proposal to shorten offseason, Pelissero reported.

If the proposal is approved this week, the CBA will be thrust into effect in time for the new league year on March 18, which could change free agency and the salary cap. For instance, teams would no longer be able to use both the franchise and transition tag when the tag window opens on Feb. 27., as they currently are allowed in the final year of the current CBA, which expires following the 2020 season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...embership-vote

[Reply]
comochiefsfan 12:53 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
17th game is gonna happen.

Just get it over with so we can start signing Mahomes and Jones.
Don't care about the 17th game nearly as much as the ridiculous new playoff format.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:58 PM 02-26-2020
If the CBA is going to all the players for a vote then it will get approved, especially among the “rank and file” players (i.e. not the players at the Aaron Rodgers/Russell Wilson salary level).
[Reply]
Mecca 01:00 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
If the CBA is going to all the players for a vote then it will get approved, especially among the “rank and file” players (i.e. not the players at the Aaron Rodgers/Russell Wilson salary level).
This is where they fuck up, the other leagues stick together. Yet another reason why of the major sports footballs players union is the worst.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:02 PM 02-26-2020
Cap in 2020 will be around 217m if it passes, right?
[Reply]
staylor26 01:07 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
This is where they fuck up, the other leagues stick together. Yet another reason why of the major sports footballs players union is the worst.
Lol all that fear mongering for nothing.
[Reply]
Wilson8 01:16 PM 02-26-2020
Pittsburgh Steelers Center, Maurkice Pouncey says no...

Originally Posted by :
“Man, this s—‘s so f—ing crazy man. I vote no,” Pouncey said. “F— that s—. Our NFLPA, the dudes at the top, the leaders, man that s— is all f—ing bulls—. F— that, they ain’t looking out for the best of the players. If y’all want my vote, the Pouncey twins vote no.

“If any player on any one of our teams, if y’all are hurting for rent money or anything while we’re going through this lockout, call us. We’ve got way more money than what they had back in the day. We ain’t got to worry about that. All the vets on each team, stand the f— up. Stand up and show these guys that we care about them. Man I care about all you young players. I love you guys to death. I ain’t going to let y’all down. Trust and believe.

“They’re trying to sign a bulls— a– deal, just so these motherf—ers can sit there and the president can smile and say they got something done. You didn’t get s— done.”
I wonder what part of the deal he does not like? More money, more benefits? Do they actually have the CBA now so they can read through it?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:24 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:

Owners were very smart to target these players.
Yep, an overt bribe to gain the minimum players votes. Pocket change to the owners but will get them their 17th game.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:25 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by Wilson8:

I wonder what part of the deal he does not like? More money, more benefits? Do they actually have the CBA now so they can read through it?
It's probably because they don't get 50/50 like the other leagues and the healthcare...
[Reply]
tredadda 01:29 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by Wilson8:

Most likely the same thing almost all the players seem against which is a 17th game.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 01:31 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Most likely the same thing almost all the players seem against which is a 17th game.
The owners thumping their chests for player safety and then clearly demonstrating that they actually couldn't care less about it might have something to do with it.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:32 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
The owners thumping their chests for player safety and then clearly demonstrating that they actually couldn't care less about it might have something to do with it.
Well the players should also be demanding lifetime healthcare and all that, it's on them for accepting deals without those things.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:33 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Anyone who thinks that the owners care about the players or their safety outside of from a monetary standpoint is fooling themselves.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 01:37 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Anyone who thinks that the owners care about the players or their safety outside of from a monetary standpoint is fooling themselves.
Well yeah. Billionaires don't usually get to where they are in life by being super nice compassionate people.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:40 PM 02-26-2020
Here seem to be the things that have them pissed off...

All of this!!! ������������������������������������ https://t.co/XdBKJpGkw3

— David Bakhtiari (@DavidBakhtiari) February 25, 2020

Yup. Once again our leadership refrains from prioritizing its thousands of hurting former players for a small, short term raise for its young players. Time for new leadership. https://t.co/OinvsJPpqg

— TJ Lang (@TJLang70) February 26, 2020

So can we just let an executive group of NFL agents be a part of our counsel to negotiate our CBA?!? This is rediculous...

— David Bakhtiari (@DavidBakhtiari) February 26, 2020

I don’t believe this statement is accurate Adam. NBA and NHL get 50% and MLB gets 48%-52% on player-owner revenue split! https://t.co/vqj1o9jWW5

— Terron Armstead (@T_Armstead72) February 26, 2020

I implore all of the current players to reach out to their agents and consult with them before voting on the CBA proposal. Please get informed by the people who YOU chose to give a percentage of YOUR contract to. Remember, they will act in YOUR best interest. #NFLPA #CBA

— David Bakhtiari (@DavidBakhtiari) February 26, 2020

[Reply]
Page 3 of 14
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up