ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Do you support the DNCís efforts to derail Bernie?
Hell yeah! USA, USA! 13 40.63%
No 14 43.75%
The DNC has been impartial and fair to Bernie 4 12.50%
You are clearly a member of the Bernard Brethren 2 6.25%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Conservatives, do you support the DNCís 16í and 20í efforts to derail Bernie
Chiefspants 10:45 PM 02-25-2020
Honest reacts only
[Reply]
BigBeauford 01:45 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
Hillary had an easy path to the nomination in 2016 given that Sanders was a relative unknown and the other candidates were a joke (even compared to this group) and she ended up losing despite the media cheerleading her candidacy. Nobody is sitting here saying that centrist Democratic policies can't win as a result of that.
They both had tremendously high likeability problems which resulted in depressed voter turnout for both parties. Now you will have voters who recognized the mistake (Donald Trump) of staying home or voting 3rd party (like I did). Except now we extreme policy issues that are going to drive away voters who turned up big in the 2018 midterms like white suburban women (hint, they all love Pete). So let me just say that if Bernies' ideas cannot beat Trump, it is time for a major party realignment on its issues.
[Reply]
scho63 01:58 PM 02-26-2020
The Dems are complete whores.

They use Bernie to push their uber Liberal shit and now that it's backfired they want to blast him out. They got what they deserve and then some with him and AOC and Warren and the rest of those nutjobs.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 02:16 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
They both had tremendously high likeability problems which resulted in depressed voter turnout for both parties. Now you will have voters who recognized the mistake (Donald Trump) of staying home or voting 3rd party (like I did). Except now we extreme policy issues that are going to drive away voters who turned up big in the 2018 midterms like white suburban women (hint, they all love Pete). So let me just say that if Bernies' ideas cannot beat Trump, it is time for a major party realignment on its issues.
It seems a little disingenuous to bring up all of these qualifiers to excuse Hillary's loss and not do the same thing for a potential Bernie loss, like the media and even his own party going out of their way to undermine his candidacy. I mean, just yesterday you had the DNC spokesperson going on Fox News to attack Sanders over his Castro remarks. Can you even imagine that happening in 2016 against Hillary?
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:25 PM 02-26-2020
The inherent comedic value is nearly priceless so yes I fully support it.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:35 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
It seems a little disingenuous to bring up all of these qualifiers to excuse Hillary's loss and not do the same thing for a potential Bernie loss, like the media and even his own party going out of their way to undermine his candidacy. I mean, just yesterday you had the DNC spokesperson going on Fox News to attack Sanders over his Castro remarks. Can you even imagine that happening in 2016 against Hillary?
We didn't have the benefit of what 4 years of Trump would look like.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 02:48 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
You've already asked me this and I've already answered it.
I apologize I didn't see your initial answer. What was it?
[Reply]
vailpass 03:58 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
You've already asked me this and I've already answered it.
You seem to have become much more entrenched in the Bernie sect recently. Would you still vote for a Dem other than Bernie?
Obviously you don't have to answer if you don't want to.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:01 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
The inherent comedic value is nearly priceless so yes I fully support it.
All of this. Seeing the Bernie Bros go apoplectic over them fucking the Bern out the nomination would be almost worth Trump not getting to run against him.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:02 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
I apologize I didn't see your initial answer. What was it?
Careful NJChief. It's a tarp.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 04:24 PM 02-26-2020
Frankly, I LOVE seeing these liberal scum devouring each other. Gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling - sort of like the "tingle up the leg" Chris Matthews.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 04:52 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
The GOP has only won the popular vote once in 30 years. And you guys finally went full insane after 40byeara of flirting with it.

America is about to see why the GOP is so obsessed with suppressing voter turnout.

/a coward who only posts lame responses is saying other runs away... lol
I know right, super suppressive....
Attached: facebook_1582756930688.jpg (129.0 KB) 
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 05:02 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
We didn't have the benefit of what 4 years of Trump would look like.
Sure, but even despite that he's running with some of his highest favorability ratings ever. The reality we see is just not the same reality that much of the country is experiencing. Trump also has the power of incumbency (which Hillary sort of had in 2016) and has shown that he is willing to abuse his office to further his re-election prospects. Any candidate going against Trump would have an uphill battle, and Bernie also has to fight against corporate interests and the Democratic establishment (for a lack of a better term). His path to the WH is uniquely challenging and I don't think it's in any way an indictment on his ideas if he loses. Obviously if Trump wins in a landslide that's another story, but I don't see that happening.

In any case, I can guarantee you that regardless of what happens in the upcoming election that the ideas Bernie has been promoting will only become more and more mainstream on the left. There is no putting that genie back in the bottle.

Originally Posted by vailpass:
You seem to have become much more entrenched in the Bernie sect recently. Would you still vote for a Dem other than Bernie?
Obviously you don't have to answer if you don't want to.
My plan is to vote for the nominee whoever that happens to be, but that assumes a reasonable and fair conclusion to the process. I mean, if Michael Bloomberg bought out the DNC and overturned a clear victory for Bernie in a brokered convention that's one thing, but in almost any reasonable alternative scenario where Bernie is not the nominee I would vote for that candidate over Trump in November. Would a lot of Bernie supporters? Perhaps not. That is another reason why I think it's wise to unite behind Sanders at this point. He is the clear frontrunner with the most passionate base and a fair amount will not show up for any other candidate because he pulls in so many non-traditional Democratic voters.
[Reply]
F150 05:45 PM 02-26-2020
Bernie appears to be in a position to destroy the democrat party.

When we stand back and recognize democrats of 2016 who supported Hillary represented a wide range of very liberal dems to moderate and even old style conservative democrats.

While Bernie is leading the race for the dem nomination, its pretty easy to see that the only people actually engaged in the primary process are far left.....there is no moderate dem running so moderate and conservative dems are not engaged and are very likely either moving to Republican (R's are far more liberal today than 20 years ago), or not going to vote at all in the presidential race.

As it sinks in, the House dems will go full panic as the swing districts crater and go R.

Feel the bern will be a forest fire before its over.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 05:49 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by F150:
Bernie appears to be in a position to destroy the democrat party.

When we stand back and recognize democrats of 2016 who supported Hillary represented a wide range of very liberal dems to moderate and even old style conservative democrats.

While Bernie is leading the race for the dem nomination, its pretty easy to see that the only people actually engaged in the primary process are far left.....there is no moderate dem running so moderate and conservative dems are not engaged and are very likely either moving to Republican (R's are far more liberal today than 20 years ago), or not going to vote at all in the presidential race.

As it sinks in, the House dems will go full panic as the swing districts crater and go R.

Feel the bern will be a forest fire before its over.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least for Sanders to win the nomination. This generation is as susceptible to "socialism" (re:communism) as I have ever seen. This man actually stood at a dais and extolled the virtues of that murdering scum Fidel Castro. My God.....

Nope. Wouldn't surprise me in the least.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:55 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
There's a difference between the DNC's right to pick whomever they want as a private entity, and a citizen's right to provide input into the decision.

If a citizen's perspective restricts their ability to have any input on the viable choices offered to lead the country, it should by rights have a concomitant relaxation on that citizen's obligation to recognize and submit to that leader, should he or she be elected.
No one is preventing him from running... but if he is admittedly not a dem, why should he be privy to their machine?

If his grass roots are so deep and strong as touted, going it alone as an independent/socialist seems fair to me... thatís how true revolutionaries have always done it
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up