ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 13
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sleep apnea
tatorhog 02:14 PM 02-24-2020
Does anybody have this? My doc is telling me I have it, and I need to go get a sleep study done. Apparently my spo2 number takes a LOT of dips with some pretty severe ones mixed in. So I thought I would ask here to see if anybody has this and if they have any advice or insight. He told me to anticipate a CPAP after I see the pulmonologist, but that's still a ways off before I can get in there.

I tried antifreeze, but that just turned my tongue a greenish color.
[Reply]
Fish 11:17 AM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
So EVERYONE has sleep apnea? Sounds like it. Do these sleep study people have an incentive to overexagerrate and say you need one because they can sell you one or profit off of it? How does that work? Seems awful convenient.
Not exactly. Technically, everyone would sleep better with a CPAP. Regardless of how well you currently sleep. The claims of sleep apnea related death are a little questionable. I really don't think it's quite as life-threatening as the people who sell them make it out to be. But many people clearly get a great deal of benefit from them.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:26 AM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
Not exactly. Technically, everyone would sleep better with a CPAP. Regardless of how well you currently sleep. The claims of sleep apnea related death are a little questionable. I really don't think it's quite as life-threatening as the people who sell them make it out to be. But many people clearly get a great deal of benefit from them.
My wife's former student passed away when his CPAP lost power during the night , he was in his early 30s, very slim who had just finish law school after getting his medical degree. I will admit it is probably extremely rare, but not breathing for extended periods of time can't be great for the heart/brain and other organs.

Monti
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:31 AM 02-25-2020
Not related, but i've been kicking the shit out of my wife lately in my sleep.

It kinda just started happening over the last few weeks. Intense dreams that end with me swinging in my sleep. For example:

I was riding a bicycle and a snake was chasing me. It caught up to me so i tried kicking it before it could bite me. This resulted in me mule-kicking my wife.

The other night a homeless dude tried assaulting in my dream. This resulted in me throwing a right hook at my wife, luckily the jerk motion of my arm woke me up before it landed.

A few nights ago i accidentally head butted her in her spine...
[Reply]
njchiefs 11:32 AM 02-25-2020
It’s -almost- always about weight. It’s why it has become an epidemic in obese America. It rarely is neurogenic or obstructive not weight related. Lose fifty pounds and it goes away.
[Reply]
Kman34 11:40 AM 02-25-2020
I’ve had mine for over a year.. No more falling asleep watching tv or looking at my phone... Don’t get up to piss anymore.. was getting up 3 or 4 times a night before.. I didn’t think I would get used to the mask but it was surprisingly easy to get used to..

This is the mask I use... it allows me to sleep on my side.. the only thing is the strap marks were bad till noon.. ( I’m bald)..
:-)...
The trick to avoid them I found is I wear a skull cap to bed and it pushes the straps away enough that I don’t have them at all or very little..
[Reply]
BWillie 11:42 AM 02-25-2020
How do stomach sleepers use a Cpap? I've never been able to sleep on my back. Not once minute of my entire life I've slept on my back. Probably only a handful of times been able to sleep on my side.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:49 AM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

It kinda just started happening over the last few weeks. Intense dreams that end with me swinging in my sleep. For example:

I was riding a bicycle and a snake was chasing me. It caught up to me so i tried kicking it before it could bite me. This resulted in me mule-kicking my wife.

The other night a homeless dude tried assaulting in my dream. This resulted in me throwing a right hook at my wife, luckily the jerk motion of my arm woke me up before it landed.

I think Detoxing is trying to establish an alibi..... :-)
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:35 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I think Detoxing is trying to establish an alibi..... :-)
This is a clear cut case of harboring resentment due to lack of anal.

Detoxing - I recommend you have an open discussion with your wife about this issue, and seek marriage therapy if more proof is needed.
[Reply]
seclark 12:47 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

i don't know...i'm kinda like that too. swing fists, and kick my feet. i've gotten up and walked outside. woke up the next day with dirt and grass on my feet.

not so much any more since i've been on the cpap.
sec
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:59 PM 02-25-2020
You will have Congestive Heart Failure in 20 years if you dont get on CPAP. But, that's not the motivation as to why people finally get on CPAP. It's either their pardner bugging them about snoring or quitting breathing.

The best reason for getting on CPAP is that it will immediately improve the quality of your life. First night you are able to tolerate the mask or nasal pillows for more than a couple of hours, you will wake up feeling better than you have in years. It's an immediate benefit. Not snoring betters the life of your pardner because they can stay in REM III sleep themselves for longer periods of their sleep time because your not waking them up with your snoring. Or concern about you quitting breathing.

On CPAP you are able to stay in REM III sleep for a longer period. The longer you stay in the REM III stage of sleep, the better you feel the next day, the more energy you have. Thats true with all people.
[Reply]
Fish 02:00 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
You will have Congestive Heart Failure in 20 years if you dont get on CPAP.
There's plenty of benefits of CPAP without needing to resort to fear mongering.
[Reply]
Lzen 02:04 PM 02-25-2020

[Reply]
burt 07:05 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
It's either their pardner bugging them about quitting breathing.
This is why I got tested. AND a RN friend of mine, with no interest financial wise in CPAP, said "get it...it may save your life. I don't want you to die." That makes me think that BigRedChief isn't pandering to fear.

St Lukes gave me an in home study device, they said it eliminates peeps that don't need CPAP. Well...then they brought me in for an over night test. Now for the CPAP. I am both looking forward to it and dreading it.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:13 PM 02-25-2020
There's plenty of benefits of CPAP without needing to resort to fear mongering.
:-) fear mongering? Did you even read the post?
[Reply]
seclark 07:21 PM 02-25-2020
Wife bitched about my snoring for years
One year on the river my brother told me he thought I was gonna die at night when we were sleeping
Told me to get tested
Didn’t say nothing to my doctor but did to my neurologist and he set up the sleep study
Fixed all kinds of problems
sec
[Reply]
Page 8 of 13
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up