ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 45
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2020 NFL Combine Thread***
RunKC 09:20 AM 02-24-2020
It’s that time again. Post any news, rumors and prospect info.

2020 On-Field Workout Schedule
•Thursday, Feb 27. 4-11PM ET. TE, QB, WR. Tight ends, quarterbacks and wide receivers take the field for the first day of on-field workouts
•Friday, Feb 28. 4-11PM ET. PK, ST, OL, RB
•Saturday, Feb 29. 4-11PM ET. DL, LB
•Sunday, Mar 1. 2-7PM ET. DB.

Measurements are beginning now. Mods feel free please post the twitter feed in the OP
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 11:20 PM 02-24-2020
Watching Jordan Love highlights reminds me of looking at tape of Mahomes in college.

Given the right coach & system (i.e. NO, GB, NE) I think he could be a stud.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 11:38 PM 02-24-2020
I put little into the combine, actually playing the game is all that matters.

Milt Campbell was an Olympic decathlon gold medalist and a football player, he was The Greatest Athlete in the World but sucked as a football player.

Will you play hurt, do you love the game, do you hate to lose, that is what matters.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:54 PM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell:
I put little into the combine, actually playing the game is all that matters.

Milt Campbell was an Olympic decathlon gold medalist and a football player, he was The Greatest Athlete in the World but sucked as a football player.

Will you play hurt, do you love the game, do you hate to lose, that is what matters.
While Jim Thorpe was just a badass motherfucker
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 12:09 AM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
While Jim Thorpe was just a badass mother****er
Thorp played at a time before the black athletes were the competition. Campbell was black.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:02 AM 02-25-2020
Thorp played at a time before the black athletes were the competition. Campbell was black.
So Babe Ruth and Don Hutson sucked, yeah not an excuse
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 01:23 AM 02-25-2020
So Babe Ruth and Don Hutson sucked, yeah not an excuse
Don Hutson a 9.8 guy could blow by 10.5 white cats, little different deal vs 9.6 black dudes.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:39 AM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Watching Jordan Love highlights reminds me of looking at tape of Mahomes in college.

Given the right coach & system (i.e. NO, GB, NE) I think he could be a stud.
Love has a little Mahomes to his game, but he’s not in the same stratosphere.

Just watch Mahomes vs. LSU and Love vs. LSU.

I think Love has a good shot at being the best QB in this class when it’s all said and done though.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 01:45 AM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Love has a little Mahomes to his game, but he’s not in the same stratosphere.

Just watch Mahomes vs. LSU and Love vs. LSU.

I think Love has a good shot at being the best QB in this class when it’s all said and done though.
Not saying he's as good as Mahomes (obviously no one is).

But you can see some of those raw physical traits that Pat flashed at Texas Tech.

He's the kind of prospect that a confident offensive coach (Sean Payton, Andy) would look at and go, "I could have some fun with this guy."
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:01 AM 02-25-2020
Don Hutson a 9.8 guy could blow by 10.5 white cats, little different deal vs 9.6 black dudes.
Excuses of course
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 02:03 AM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Not saying he's as good as Mahomes (obviously no one is).

But you can see some of those raw physical traits that Pat flashed at Texas Tech.

He's the kind of prospect that a confident offensive coach (Sean Payton, Andy) would look at and go, "I could have some fun with this guy."
He threw almost as many ints as he did td's last season...looks more like Winston than Pat imo. Good physical gifts who can make impressive plays but could give the ball away loads too with silly mistakes.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:09 AM 02-25-2020
I want the Chiefs to upgrade their interior o-line but those guys can usually be found for cheap in FA and assuming we re-sign Jones I would be cool if we drafted a guy like Dobbins at 32.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:38 AM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I want the Chiefs to upgrade their interior o-line but those guys can usually be found for cheap in FA and assuming we re-sign Jones I would be cool if we drafted a guy like Dobbins at 32.
The AP idiots and their leader Seth Keysor has said the RB position is obsolete and meaningless on Twitter. Seth's opinion is null and void

As I said we hoped Mahomes could take the punishment becausee of shitty IOL, , Erving, and when Fisher gets " big boyed" against a bull rush. Thus, Patrick needs help carrying the load due to keeping him available, and not out of game injured.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:47 AM 02-25-2020
The AP idiots and their leader Seth Keysor has said the RB position is obsolete and meaningless on Twitter. Seth's opinion is null and void

As I said we hoped Mahomes could take the punishment becausee of shitty IOL, , Erving, and when Fisher gets " big boyed" against a bull rush. Thus, Patrick needs help carrying the load due to keeping him available, and not out of game injured.
Offense was amazing with Hunt, and on another level with Damien Williams. Didn't seem as good when Williams was out. Teams are trying to figure out how to slow the passing game meaning we never see the box stacked and can really take advantage with Williams/Dobbins. Those little dump off passes crushed teams with Williams, Dobbins is a better player this offense would be even more impossible to stop with a guy like Dobbins.

Agreed though Keysor is an idiot his only value is tape.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 03:11 AM 02-25-2020
Guys - Chris Jones is not coming back. Accept it.

The good news is you can start looking at top 20 guys since we should net a 1st rounder.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:13 AM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Guys - Chris Jones is not coming back. Accept it.

The good news is you can start looking at top 20 guys since we should net a 1st rounder.
He is tho. Watkins will be cut freeing up the money and they will design Mahomes contract in a way they can still sign a mid level free agent or 2.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 45
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up