ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 45
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2020 NFL Combine Thread***
RunKC 09:20 AM 02-24-2020
It’s that time again. Post any news, rumors and prospect info.

2020 On-Field Workout Schedule
•Thursday, Feb 27. 4-11PM ET. TE, QB, WR. Tight ends, quarterbacks and wide receivers take the field for the first day of on-field workouts
•Friday, Feb 28. 4-11PM ET. PK, ST, OL, RB
•Saturday, Feb 29. 4-11PM ET. DL, LB
•Sunday, Mar 1. 2-7PM ET. DB.

Measurements are beginning now. Mods feel free please post the twitter feed in the OP
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07:24 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
I think folks need to calm down a little about Shenault. He doesn't really run routes well and his catch radios is a little iffy. Good prospect but he's nothing out of this world imo.
Agree!! I like Jordan Jefferson as a solid #2 in this offense
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 07:25 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Link?
HERE , HERE and HERE
[Reply]
staylor26 07:31 PM 02-26-2020
I’ll say it again, Aiyuk is the best fit to replace Watkins.

He’s got the speed, YAC ability, and some long arms for a guy his size.

Him and Reagor are both perfect fits.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:03 PM 02-26-2020
What if Watkins stays? We still need a WR to replace Robinson. Unless you guys want Pringle to be that guy or Dieter
[Reply]
staylor26 08:04 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
What if Watkins stays? We still need a WR to replace Robinson. Unless you guys want Pringle to be that guy or Dieter
You wait till day 3.

And Hardman would be bumped Robinson’s spot obviously.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:04 PM 02-26-2020
Get Pat more weapons!!! A CB and LB would be ideal tho in the first round. Things should definitely play out in the next couple weeks. I’m anxious and curious what Veach has up his sleeve
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:04 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You wait till day 3.
Yep agree with you there. Any good LBs or CB that may make it to 32?
[Reply]
staylor26 08:07 PM 02-26-2020
Yep agree with you there. Any good LBs or CB that may make it to 32?
At LB you have to pray one of Murray, Queen, or Baun falls to 32.

At CB, I think somebody like Gladney, Johnson, Fulton, or Diggs will be there.

The value in the 1st will be at CB and WR IMO.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:30 PM 02-26-2020
Hardman and Pringle are going to play.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:46 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
That’s a bit of an exaggeration.

Here’s the thing: the Seahawks might have drafted poorly. Maybe we get snake bitten by injuries. The point remains: the more $100M players you have the more concentrated your risk becomes. If Jones could be flipped for multiple picks, that along with his cap savings could represent 4-5 legit starters. If one of them goes
Down with an ACL, you still have 3-4 players on the field. Signing jones to a large contract concentrates talent, yes, but it concentrates risk as well.

I am sorry everyone else is only making this about emotion, but the clear prudent business decision is to maximize his value and replace the bevy of talent walking out the door.

Now, if moving on from Watkins makes room and Jones is back, then great. But it’s a BIG risk.
What if the rumblings we're hearing from team sources like Terez and the guys at the Athletic are true? Where Jones reeeeeally wants to stay in KC with Big Red and Mahomes and doesn't want this great thing he has going to end? Where Mahomes is of the same mindset and wants to not only just win another ring but wants to win another ring with THIS TEAM with everybody just entering or in their primes? Where apparently Watkins is telling his agent to find a way to keep him in KC?

If it's true that kind of culture from the team's best players is being established, then doesn't tagging/trading Chris Jones kind of spit on that? At that point, if you're Mahomes, aren't you now saying, "Oh... yeah, that Super Bowl and that team was pretty magical, but I guess even on an Andy Reid team money is the what will win out in the end, and maybe I should be thinking about what makes more life sense, not football sense..."

I probably still have magical unicorn fart dust in my eyes from that Super Bowl win and can't see or think correctly, but I do wonder if that isn't kind of what the larger plan is. Maybe we can be the anti-New England and prove to the league that you CAN keep a dynasty together by paying your guys provided you have a killer QB and one of the happier team-oriented locker rooms.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:08 AM 02-27-2020
Just heard on Sirius fm that many execs think it’s a given that 6 receivers will go rd 1.

Lamb
Jeudy
Ruggs
Reagor
Aiyuk
Shenault
[Reply]
staylor26 11:10 AM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Just heard on Sirius fm that many execs think it’s a given that 6 receivers will go rd 1.

Lamb
Jeudy
Ruggs
Reagor
Aiyuk
Shenault
Higgins?
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:12 AM 02-27-2020
I know Higgins route tree is limited but I’d fucking add him to this offense in a heartbeat.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:15 AM 02-27-2020
It’ll be Shenault or Higgins. One of those 2 will probably fall out of rd 1 and be a steal for the Bengals.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 11:17 AM 02-27-2020
Never been so stoked to watch a position group at the combine than I am this year's WR group.

And how nice is it to not give 2 shits about watching QBs for a change these last 2 combines?
[Reply]
Page 24 of 45
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Up