ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 24
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Bernie as the new Favorite deserves his own thread
F150 10:10 PM 02-07-2020

Bernie Sanders called Trump’s killing of Soleimani an assassination and then suggested the alternative would be to “sit down and work out our differences through debate and discussion at the UN” pic.twitter.com/8ErFEJ7Es2

— ALX 🇺🇸 (@alx) February 8, 2020



The positions the old fellow takes are unique. Should have strong appeal to those who oppose war and our efforts in the middle east
[Reply]
BigBeauford 06:09 PM 02-11-2020
Early CNN Exit polls show a 9 point increase in "morderates" voting in the NH Dem primary, and a decrease in "Very Liberal", 2 to 1 margin states their candidate must be able to beat Trump (as opposed to agreeing with their values).
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 06:37 PM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
38 year olds are probably millennials. 23 to 38.
In other words, it wouldn't prevent millennials from voting, and your argument fails. It's an age requirement, not an absolute post-date ban.


Originally Posted by BWillie:
Lots of people who couldn't be president, for what reason? Seems discriminatory. There is no reason for it to exist.

Actually, there is a reason for it to exist. It's about maturity and experience tempering youthful exuberance and ignorance.


Originally Posted by BWillie:
Even if some Gen Z 18 year old was able to convince the masses they were the best candidate, they should be electable. I realize that nothing would probably change but there is no reason for the law to exist. It would be much more reasonable to ban someone of an old age dur to dimentia concerns and health concerns once they became to power.

There's a damned good reason for it to exist, and your claim as to what would be more reasonable is, itself, unreasonable, for multiple reasons, including people who like to make false claims about the memory and mental abilities of opponents.

BTW, if 18 is ok for voting, why not 16? Why not 10? Why not 4?
[Reply]
banecat 07:26 PM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Early CNN Exit polls show a 9 point increase in "morderates" voting in the NH Dem primary, and a decrease in "Very Liberal", 2 to 1 margin states their candidate must be able to beat Trump (as opposed to agreeing with their values).
This is good for people understanding and being more pragmatic instead of only caring about their ideology
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 08:31 PM 02-11-2020
Is the Democratic Party fun to watch or what?
[Reply]
banecat 08:44 PM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Is the Democratic Party fun to watch or what?
Both parties are. It's very entertaining. I'm not sure that I'd follow the corrupt politicians if they weren't
[Reply]
vailpass 09:22 PM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Is the Democratic Party fun to watch or what?
Yes. Fingers crossed for the Bern to get the nomination. Months of comedy gold would follow.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 09:25 PM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
In other words, it wouldn't prevent millennials from voting, and your argument fails. It's an age requirement, not an absolute post-date ban.





Actually, there is a reason for it to exist. It's about maturity and experience tempering youthful exuberance and ignorance.





There's a damned good reason for it to exist, and your claim as to what would be more reasonable is, itself, unreasonable, for multiple reasons, including people who like to make false claims about the memory and mental abilities of opponents.

BTW, if 18 is ok for voting, why not 16? Why not 10? Why not 4?



If the ultra-liberal wing of the new communist party get in - I would be surprised if they didn't lower it to 12. Wouldn't surprise me in the least
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:13 PM 02-11-2020
Bernie drinking Red Bull tonight..
[Reply]
Chief Northman 10:22 PM 02-11-2020
Partisanship/policy aside:

Does anybody REALLY envision Sanders as a leader of the free world?

I can’t get over the “angry, frumpy, sagged shoulders old man” who is always yelling at me on the tv.
He’s all talking points - always has been and always will be.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:24 PM 02-11-2020
Turnout is reaching 2008 levels. Very impressive.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:17 PM 02-11-2020
My how low New Hampshire, the Live Free or Die state, has fallen.

Dana was saying tonight how it is full of left-wing progressives. It used to be a bastion of conservatives and right-libertarians that stood alone among the other NE states on elections.

Even the Manchester Union endorsed Klobuchar.

I worry about all these New Yorkers leaving and coming here changing this state like that.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:20 PM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Turnout is reaching 2008 levels. Very impressive.
But it was lower in Iowa.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:21 PM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Partisanship/policy aside:

Does anybody REALLY envision Sanders as a leader of the free world?

I can’t get over the “angry, frumpy, sagged shoulders old man” who is always yelling at me on the tv.
He’s all talking points - always has been and always will be.
Here's what I don't get. Watching Chris Matthews dissing socialism as not working. Yet under Obama, he declared himself to be a socialist now. WTF?
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:28 PM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Turnout is reaching 2008 levels. Very impressive.
I just read this:

Originally Posted by :
According to exit polls conducted by NBC News, turnout appeared to be lower across New Hampshire than in prior presidential primary cycles. The biggest dropoff seems to have come from new and young voters. In particular, according to one exit poll, only 11 percent of New Hampshire voters were younger than 29 on Tuesday, down from 19 percent in 2016.

https://www.breitbart.com/2020-elect...6-performance/
Bernie won by little but he had a lot more competition this time.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:29 PM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Early CNN Exit polls show a 9 point increase in "morderates" voting in the NH Dem primary, and a decrease in "Very Liberal", 2 to 1 margin states their candidate must be able to beat Trump (as opposed to agreeing with their values).
Originally Posted by banecat:
This is good for people understanding and being more pragmatic instead of only caring about their ideology
:-)

There are NO moderates in the Democrat Party. NONE. They are all firmly on the left.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 02-11-2020, 11:30 PM
This message has been deleted by BucEyedPea. Reason: extra
Page 6 of 24
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up