ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 319
« First < 56789 101112131959109 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>China quarantines Wuhan, a city the size of NYC
banyon 10:52 AM 01-23-2020


Updated info:

WORLD

There are currently 1,201,476 confirmed cases and 64,691 deaths from the coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak as of April 05, 2020, 01:16 GMT.



U.S. Coronavirus Cases

As of April 4, 2020 at 13:29 GMT, there have been 311,357 confirmed cases and 8,452 deaths due to coronavirus COVID-19 in the United States.

AL-1,633 (44 deaths)
AK-171 (5 deaths)
AZ-2,019 (52 deaths, 1 recovered)
AR-743 (14 deaths)
CA - 13,649 (319 deaths, 6 recovered)
CO-4,565 (126 deaths)
CT- 5,276 (165 deaths)
DE-593 (14 deaths)
DC- 902 (21 deaths)
FL-11,545 (195 deaths)
GA - 6,383 (208 deaths)
HI- 351 (3 death)
ID-1,025 (10 deaths)
IL-10,357 (243 deaths, 2 recovered)
IN-3,953 (116 deaths)
IA-786 (14 deaths)
KS-698 (21 deaths)
KY- 831 (40 deaths, 2 recovered)
LA-12,496 (409 deaths)
ME-456 (10 deaths)
MD-3,125 (53 deaths, 4 recovered)
MA-11,736 (216 deaths, 1 recovered)
MI-14,225 (540 deaths)
MN-865 (24 deaths, 24 recovered)
MS-1,455 (35 deaths)
MO-2,291 (36 deaths)
MT-281 (6 deaths)
NE-321 (6 deaths)
NV-1,742 (46 deaths)
NH-621 (9 deaths)
NJ- 34,124 (846 deaths)
NM-546 (11 deaths)
NY-114,775 (3,565 deaths)
NC-2,509 (33 deaths)
ND-186 (3 deaths)
OH-3,739 (102 deaths)
OK-1,159 (42 deaths, 1 recovered)
OR-999 (26 deaths)
PA-10,415 (136 deaths)
RI-806 (17 deaths)
SC-1,917 (40 deaths)
SD-212 (2 deaths, 6 recovered)
TN-3,321 (43 deaths)
TX-6,359 (111 deaths, 11 recovered)
UT-1,428 (8 deaths)
VT-461 (17 deaths)
VA-2,407 (52 deaths, 1 recovered)
WA-7,591 (314 deaths, 124 recovered)
WV-282 (2 deaths)
WI- 2,112 (56 deaths, 1 recovered)
WY-187

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ate/index.html

US recovered :14,825
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 04:58 PM 01-25-2020
Originally Posted by Ninerfan11:
I don't think you understand the psychology of dogs. They are one of the few animals that follow the human gaze, they have s connection to us that has developed over thousands of years.
I've been around dogs all my life. I've raised them, bred them, showed them, and worked them. I help break bad habits of dogs for people having trouble doing so. So, I think I have a bit of understanding of the psychology of dogs.

I have never eaten dog. I don't intend to ever eat dog. That doesn't keep me from acknowledging that whether or not to do so is, at least mostly, about history and culture.
[Reply]
eDave 06:24 PM 01-25-2020
Originally Posted by Msmith:
Some claimed that it is because of this:

(Warning: gross pic)

Link:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW5eZ2dEPhI
"The Chinese watches Animal Planet like it's Food Network."

lol
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 06:30 PM 01-25-2020
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
I've been around dogs all my life. I've raised them, bred them, showed them, and worked them. I help break bad habits of dogs for people having trouble doing so. So, I think I have a bit of understanding of the psychology of dogs.

I have never eaten dog. I don't intend to ever eat dog. That doesn't keep me from acknowledging that whether or not to do so is, at least mostly, about history and culture.
Then you must understand that their connection to humans is barely different that other animals. Dogs are simply unique in this respect.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 06:36 PM 01-25-2020
Originally Posted by Ninerfan11:
Then you must understand that their connection to humans is barely different that other animals. Dogs are simply unique in this respect.
No, they're not.
[Reply]
vailpass 06:59 PM 01-25-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
It just... IS

I’ve heard the cultural differences argument before and just don’t care
Yep.
[Reply]
vailpass 07:00 PM 01-25-2020
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
How is dog different than other meat? Why is it savage to chow down on puppy, but not a problem to gorge on a calf?
Seriously?
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 07:04 PM 01-25-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Seriously?
Yes
[Reply]
Bump 12:06 AM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Yes
Because we like dogs as pets and they aren't natural evolution, so we inherited the responsibility of taking care of these wonderful beasts and eating them wouldn't be right. I get your point though.
[Reply]
Taco John 05:43 AM 01-26-2020
Eating bats and tadpoles and bugs and all the stuff they eat in China is a natural result of communism. Only in capitalist societies can you afford tobe choosy about your diet.
[Reply]
HemiEd 07:14 AM 01-26-2020
Didn't see this posted. Don’t buy the media hype over the new China virus
https://nypost.com/2020/01/23/dont-b...zIx8YeX6L1DvtI

A CNN reporter broadcasts from Wuhan, China, on the recent viral outbreak. There is nobody near who could possibly infect him *— unless the cameraman has Guinness Book of Records coughs and sneezes. So why does he insist on wearing a blue surgical mask while talking?

It’s called “drama,” which is badly needed, because there appears to be nothing very special about this outbreak of the 2019-nCoV or Wuhan *virus. It should actually be called the DvV, or Déjà vu Virus, because we have been through these hysterias before. Over and over. Heterosexual AIDS, Ebola repeatedly, the H1N1 swine flu that was actually vastly milder than the regular flu and, especially, severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) in 2003.

Once you start debunking mass hysteria over outbreaks, it gets easy, because the same patterns repeat themselves.

The best remedy for all epidemic hysteria is perspective. How is this new outbreak different and thus potentially more dangerous from other diseases we have dealt with in the past or are dealing with now?

Wuhan is repeatedly labeled “deadly” — but so is every other *virus most people know about. But especially deadly? Nearly 600 cases have been confirmed with at least 17 reported deaths.

An infected American is reportedly doing well. It’s probably true that the death toll is understated, but it’s guaranteed the infection number is. Probably as with, say, flu, the vast majority of those infected have such slight symptoms, they don’t seek medical attention.

For that reason, a comparison to the US flu death rate is also very difficult. As a share of hospitalizations, the regular flu death rate is 8.5 percent to 17 percent, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention — considerably higher than for Wuhan. But counting all *estimated illnesses, reported and estimated, it’s much lower.

What we can say for sure is that Wuhan will be a lot worse in China, simply because health care there is vastly inferior. It appears that, like flu, Wuhan usually kills through *often treatable secondary infections. Well, treatable in the West. You’d be surprised at how many potentially deadly diseases *(malaria, TB) Americans get that wreak havoc in much of the world but kill essentially none of us.

It also appears those most likely to die of Wuhan virus fit the same profile as flu fatalities: people over 65, those with compromised immune systems and those with serious pre-existing conditions. Two of the 17 Wuhan dead were 89-year-olds with pre-existing conditions; the youngest was 48 and suffering from diabetes and a stroke.

Contagiousness is highly important, of course. But so far, there is no evidence that Wuhan, first *reported more than three weeks ago, is more contagious than *influenza or spreads differently.

Those are the important factors; everything else is noise and tinfoil-hat paranoia.


Netflix releases ‘Pandemic’ docuseries as coronavirus spreads
We are breathlessly told it’s spread from human to human. Again, most of the contagious diseases we think of are spread *between humans, with some *exceptions, such as rabies.

It’s inherently bad because it’s new, we’re told. So were swine flu and SARS.

Chinese health officials warned it could mutate further to either become more deadly or more contagious. Same was said about the aforementioned outbreaks. Actually, viruses usually mutate to become less deadly, to preserve the host body and hence themselves.

The media are correct in saying the closest comparison here is SARS. It also was first reported in China and was what’s called a coronavirus. But while they want you to remember SARS as akin to the Black Death with cries of “Bring out your dead!,” fact is, there was a grand total of only 8,098 cases, of whom 774 died. Then the disease simply disappeared. More than 7,000 of those cases and about 650 of the deaths occurred just in mainland China and Hong Kong. The United States had just 75 cases and zero deaths.

By contrast, the CDC estimates about 80,000 Americans died of flu two seasons ago.

So if you want, buy a (probably worthless) surgical mask to play “twins” with those “courageous” TV newsmen. Or you may consider that flu shots are still available.

Michael Fumento is an attorney, journalist and author and has been reporting on epidemic hysterias since 1986. Fumento@gmail.com
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 07:42 AM 01-26-2020
Geezuz Cripes, they eat monkey in Asia.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 07:49 AM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by F150:
"But coronavirus it is just a common cold virus." LewRockwell


Great to have Dr. Rockwell get this figured out before epidemiologists, doctors, and scientists get in the way with all that science mumbo jumbo

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/01/...0001137-death/

Can't wait for him to bring closure to ASF.
So you got nuthin' but your usual logical fallacies. I noticed you debate like a leftist debates.

Here are the facts:

Lew Rockwell didn't write that.
Thanks for the concession though showing you don't know what you're even talking about. I enjoy winning an argument, even by default because you use logical fallacies and non-facts.
[Reply]
F150 07:50 AM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by Ninerfan11:
Then you must understand that their connection to humans is barely different that other animals. Dogs are simply unique in this respect.

I know of trappers and coyote hunters who have tried eating coyotes. They relate its not that off putting. Many people eat raccoon, there used to be a ready market for them in KC where hide buyers would sell the skinned and cleaned carasses.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 07:56 AM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
Didn't see this posted. Don’t buy the media hype over the new China virus
https://nypost.com/2020/01/23/dont-b...zIx8YeX6L1DvtI

A CNN reporter broadcasts from Wuhan, China, on the recent viral outbreak. There is nobody near who could possibly infect him *— unless the cameraman has Guinness Book of Records coughs and sneezes. So why does he insist on wearing a blue surgical mask while talking?

It’s called “drama,” which is badly needed, because there appears to be nothing very special about this outbreak of the 2019-nCoV or Wuhan *virus. It should actually be called the DvV, or Déjà vu Virus, because we have been through these hysterias before. Over and over. Heterosexual AIDS, Ebola repeatedly, the H1N1 swine flu that was actually vastly milder than the regular flu and, especially, severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) in 2003.

Once you start debunking mass hysteria over outbreaks, it gets easy, because the same patterns repeat themselves.

The best remedy for all epidemic hysteria is perspective. How is this new outbreak different and thus potentially more dangerous from other diseases we have dealt with in the past or are dealing with now?

Wuhan is repeatedly labeled “deadly” — but so is every other *virus most people know about. But especially deadly? Nearly 600 cases have been confirmed with at least 17 reported deaths.

An infected American is reportedly doing well. It’s probably true that the death toll is understated, but it’s guaranteed the infection number is. Probably as with, say, flu, the vast majority of those infected have such slight symptoms, they don’t seek medical attention.

For that reason, a comparison to the US flu death rate is also very difficult. As a share of hospitalizations, the regular flu death rate is 8.5 percent to 17 percent, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention — considerably higher than for Wuhan. But counting all *estimated illnesses, reported and estimated, it’s much lower.

What we can say for sure is that Wuhan will be a lot worse in China, simply because health care there is vastly inferior. It appears that, like flu, Wuhan usually kills through *often treatable secondary infections. Well, treatable in the West. You’d be surprised at how many potentially deadly diseases *(malaria, TB) Americans get that wreak havoc in much of the world but kill essentially none of us.

It also appears those most likely to die of Wuhan virus fit the same profile as flu fatalities: people over 65, those with compromised immune systems and those with serious pre-existing conditions. Two of the 17 Wuhan dead were 89-year-olds with pre-existing conditions; the youngest was 48 and suffering from diabetes and a stroke.

Contagiousness is highly important, of course. But so far, there is no evidence that Wuhan, first *reported more than three weeks ago, is more contagious than *influenza or spreads differently.

Those are the important factors; everything else is noise and tinfoil-hat paranoia.


Netflix releases ‘Pandemic’ docuseries as coronavirus spreads
We are breathlessly told it’s spread from human to human. Again, most of the contagious diseases we think of are spread *between humans, with some *exceptions, such as rabies.

It’s inherently bad because it’s new, we’re told. So were swine flu and SARS.

Chinese health officials warned it could mutate further to either become more deadly or more contagious. Same was said about the aforementioned outbreaks. Actually, viruses usually mutate to become less deadly, to preserve the host body and hence themselves.

The media are correct in saying the closest comparison here is SARS. It also was first reported in China and was what’s called a coronavirus. But while they want you to remember SARS as akin to the Black Death with cries of “Bring out your dead!,” fact is, there was a grand total of only 8,098 cases, of whom 774 died. Then the disease simply disappeared. More than 7,000 of those cases and about 650 of the deaths occurred just in mainland China and Hong Kong. The United States had just 75 cases and zero deaths.

By contrast, the CDC estimates about 80,000 Americans died of flu two seasons ago.

So if you want, buy a (probably worthless) surgical mask to play “twins” with those “courageous” TV newsmen. Or you may consider that flu shots are still available.

Michael Fumento is an attorney, journalist and author and has been reporting on epidemic hysterias since 1986. Fumento@gmail.com
Exactly what health researcher and journalist Bill Sardi said in the article I posted from Lew Rockwell's site, providing perspective. He also debunks the mutation claim.

Here's my post on it as well.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...&postcount=111
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 07:58 AM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by F150:
I know of trappers and coyote hunters who have tried eating coyotes. They relate its not that off putting. Many people eat raccoon, there used to be a ready market for them in KC where hide buyers would sell the skinned and cleaned carasses.
O.M.G! you think trappers are connoisseurs of good taste in food. :-)
[Reply]
Page 9 of 319
« First < 56789 101112131959109 > Last »
Up