ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Media Center>1917
alanm 05:49 PM 01-08-2020
Any one looking forward to seeing this movie. I think it's going to be ****ing good!!. :-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:28 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Looks interesting, although after a while all the CGI slow motion shit becomes a distraction.
It does, but it's cool seeing the Russian vs. Jew-killing Nazi Motherfuckers movie.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 10:27 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
It does, but it's cool seeing the Russian vs. Jew-killing Nazi Motherfuckers movie.
Come and See

If you haven't seen it, rectify. Word of warning: it is absolutely brutal.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:32 PM 01-13-2020
A clip of one of the cooler scenes.

[Reply]
JD10367 01:41 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Is the story actually good, or is it just CGI spectacle?
There is no story. Literally, you’re just following a guy on his trek.

The “story” is that war sucks balls, and WW1 sucked some extremely big, brutal, unforgiving, physically torturing balls.

Modern warfare is all clean missile shots and drone strikes. WW2 was hands-on but had a lot of long distance bombing and shelling. WW1 was one step above fighting with rocks and tree branches.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:16 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by JD10367:
There is no story. Literally, you’re just following a guy on his trek.

The “story” is that war sucks balls, and WW1 sucked some extremely big, brutal, unforgiving, physically torturing balls.

Modern warfare is all clean missile shots and drone strikes. WW2 was hands-on but had a lot of long distance bombing and shelling. WW1 was one step above fighting with rocks and tree branches.
While lacking modern medicine advances seen in WW2. They were still performing amputations en masse as if it were still the civil war.
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 02:42 PM 01-14-2020
I went into this really wanting to like it, but it was just mediocre. Some of the story was ridiculous.
[Reply]
allen_kcCard 02:49 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Rudy tossed tigger's salad:
I went into this really wanting to like it, but it was just mediocre. Some of the story was ridiculous.
Ridiculous....as in too believable? The only thing I would say against the plausibility of it all is where it seems like they walk for 5 minutes to get a couple of miles, but they said from the beginning that the journey was only like 8-9 miles, so all they really did was cut out a few hours worth of uneventful walking by moving from one point of interest to another quickly.
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 03:29 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by allen_kcCard:
Ridiculous....as in too believable? The only thing I would say against the plausibility of it all is where it seems like they walk for 5 minutes to get a couple of miles, but they said from the beginning that the journey was only like 8-9 miles, so all they really did was cut out a few hours worth of uneventful walking by moving from one point of interest to another quickly.
I don't think much-- outside of the first 15 minutes-- was believable
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 03:42 PM 01-14-2020
Excellent movie.
[Reply]
allen_kcCard 08:10 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Rudy tossed tigger's salad:
I don't think much-- outside of the first 15 minutes-- was believable
Because no one would obey the orders? I cant really see anything not being something that could not have happened. True events of history has been more unbelievable than this movie. Hell....the game sunday was more so.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:41 AM 01-15-2020
I really enjoyed this movie. Lots of twists and turns with plenty of action.

Lessons learned:

Let the German burn and don't be a nice guy.

Never pass up fresh milk.
[Reply]
FanXiche 03:15 AM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by allen_kcCard:
True events of history has been more unbelievable than this movie.
True historical events are even more unacceptable,how did people deal with life and fate in that era?
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 06:57 AM 01-16-2020
This looks amazing. Hadn’t heard of it until now.
[Reply]
Mennonite 09:56 AM 01-16-2020
I rarely go to the theater, but today will be an exception. I'm gonna catch this one, then Underwater (which will most likely suck) and cap it off with a viewing of Unforgiven that's playing for one night only.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:54 AM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
I really enjoyed this movie. Lots of twists and turns with plenty of action.

Lessons learned:

Let the German burn and don't be a nice guy.

Never pass up fresh milk.
Yeah, that line of thinking surprised me.

Spoiler!

And yeah, milk.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up