ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 39
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Media Center>Robert Pattinson... is Batman.
Mephistopheles Janx 11:06 PM 05-16-2019
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/r...cs-1203125473/

Fucking hell... DC is garbage.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:43 AM 05-18-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Can't imagine in what universe it is acceptable to have a ghey vampire become Batman.
Who cares if a vampire is gay? They don't exist. Maybe they are all gay IRL. Oh yeah there isn't a real life..... they are a fictional made up being. Your displacing.

Back to reality, you might want to check the crap that actors you think are fantastic actors now were in when they first started out as actors. Spoiler alert........ they have all been in crap roles and movies.
[Reply]
ModSocks 08:49 AM 05-18-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
That's ignorant. Dude's been putting in work lately.

Same with Jake Gyllenhal, for the douche who commented saying he'd suck.
No, it's not ignorant.

That's what he's known for. He sure AF isn't "Known" for indie movies.

It's going to be hard for him to shed that image. Most will watch this movie and go, "Oh look there's a glittery gay vampire playing Batman".
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:02 AM 05-18-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Yeah, the dude can really act. Who would have guessed that after the stupid vampire movies?
Yep...I've only seen the original Twighlight. Couldn't stand it and not everyone knows but Pattinson himself really dislikes those movies as well. He's been biding his time...I think this noir detective Batman can really have him breakthrough. 7 years ago is a longtime too. I'm excited to hear more info on this film as SD Comicon comes this summer.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:05 AM 05-18-2019
I’ve never watched a single movie this guy is in, so in that sense I’ll be going in without any preconceived notions and just might like him in the role
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:29 AM 05-18-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
No, it's not ignorant.

That's what he's known for. He sure AF isn't "Known" for indie movies.

It's going to be hard for him to shed that image. Most will watch this movie and go, "Oh look there's a glittery gay vampire playing Batman".
It's ignorant af. Heath Ledger was "known" as one of the (literally) gay dudes starring in Brokeback Mountain. There was some douche on a message board crying about him being the Joker just like you are now.

Anyone who's paid attention knows that Pattison's established himself as a good, talented actor since the Twilight movies ended like 30 years ago.
[Reply]
tk13 11:35 AM 05-18-2019
I have to say I thought it was a really good choice, so maybe I'll be wrong. He's not a 20 year old shooting kiddie vampire movies anymore, and Matt Reeves seems to know what he's doing. I'm surprised so many people seem to be against it.
[Reply]
tk13 11:47 AM 05-18-2019

[Reply]
vailpass 12:07 PM 05-18-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Just a bunch of testosterone filled badasses in here that would never in a million years what that sparkling vampire homo in a Batman movie! Those movies started 11 years ago and ended 7 years ago, but you badasses keep being badasses and skip this one because of homosparklevamp.
This seems to be hitting awfully close to home for you. You play for team twinky glitter or you just like sparkle vamps?
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:09 PM 05-18-2019
Originally Posted by tk13:
Exactly lol
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 12:46 PM 05-18-2019
My problem with the casting isn't so much his Twilight laden resume as much as his look screams relapsed-recovering meth addict.

His acting is wooden and stale. Watch him in Damsel or High Life... he is literally just a (if you are into the meth look) pretty face reciting lines. There is no depth to his acting. Compare him in Good Time to Afflec in The Town (same type of pacing) if you want to see the difference in ability to express, believably, a range of emotions larger than just high and bored.

It seems as if the piece of greatest importance to the casting director was... who can pull off "handsome while brooding".
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:07 PM 05-18-2019
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
My problem with the casting isn't so much his Twilight laden resume as much as his look screams relapsed-recovering meth addict.

His acting is wooden and stale. Watch him in Damsel or High Life... he is literally just a (if you are into the meth look) pretty face reciting lines. There is no depth to his acting. Compare him in Good Time to Afflec in The Town (same type of pacing) if you want to see the difference in ability to express, believably, a range of emotions larger than just high and bored.

It seems as if the piece of greatest importance to the casting director was... who can pull off "handsome while brooding".
Assuming all this were true, which is obviously debatable, you realize he's perfect for the part then, right?

Bruce Wayne is the most stale, wooden 'alter ego' in the superhero biz. He's literally just a handsome billionaire, sometimes pretending to be playboy (to keep up the ruse), while brooding incessantly. As Batman he shows even less emotion.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 01:40 PM 05-18-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Assuming all this were true, which is obviously debatable, you realize he's perfect for the part then, right?

Bruce Wayne is the most stale, wooden 'alter ego' in the superhero biz. He's literally just a handsome billionaire, sometimes pretending to be playboy (to keep up the ruse), while brooding incessantly. As Batman he shows even less emotion.
Bruce Wayne is charming, clever, witty, quick, a beefcake, and buff. I've never seen Pattinson portray any of those traits convincingly in any role I've seen him play.

Of course, that is just my opinion and therefore subjective. I hope I'm wrong and I love him as much as I did Ledger as the Joker.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:48 PM 05-18-2019
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
Bruce Wayne is charming, clever, witty, quick, a beefcake, and buff. I've never seen Pattinson portray any of those traits convincingly in any role I've seen him play.

Of course, that is just my opinion and therefore subjective. I hope I'm wrong and I love him as much as I did Ledger as the Joker.
To be fair, the only thing I've ever seen him in is Harry Potter, and from what I remember of his character he was pretty much all those things.
[Reply]
Setsuna 04:56 PM 05-18-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
This clip is great from Jonathan Nolan about Ledger...and also should be taken into account regarding Pattinson imo. Nolan wants him in his next movie.

Watch this min clip or text below. NSFW for language.

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1019615836783325184?s=19

"When I wrote The Dark Knight, Chris [Nolan] had to figure out how we’d tackle the Joker,” Nolan explained. “Chris had a good meeting with Heath Ledger. And no one got it — I didn’t get it, the studio didn’t get it. And the fan community was … we were ****ing pilloried for it. “Disaster, worst casting decision ever!” Chris just stuck to his guns. It was a question of not giving the fans what they’re asking for but what they want — which is, “Let’s find a really ****in’ serious actor, somebody who’s going to come in and just tear this role to pieces.”
That's an excellent watch. Thanks for showing that to me. :-)

Originally Posted by Frazod:
To be fair, the only thing I've ever seen him in is Harry Potter, and from what I remember of his character he was pretty much all those things.
:-):-):-) My man!
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 06:32 PM 05-18-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
That's an excellent watch. Thanks for showing that to me. :-)

:-):-):-) My man!
No problem thought it was a great clip.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 39
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up