ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 151
< 123 45671353103 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2019/2020 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread*****
saphojunkie 02:55 PM 04-09-2019
Welcome back, my friends.

The night is dark and full of sophomores. We were due a down year, but it's back to hunting banners.

Thread to be updated as new developments emerge.

RETURNING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

LEAVING PLAYERS:
Spoiler!

INCOMING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

IMPORTANT GAMES:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
ROYC75 12:27 PM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Explain how Arizona has the #1 class then?
$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 03:55 PM 04-10-2019
Grimes declares. Sure sounds like he is staying in no matter what but who knows.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 04:01 PM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by SithCeNtZ:
Grimes declares. Sure sounds like he is staying in no matter what but who knows.
So I guess all those missed shots were because he was in the wrong system?

Please.

Good luck overseas or 'D' league.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 04:29 PM 04-10-2019
thank god, open up some positions for somebody worthwhile. I have never seen a guy dominate high school like he did and then come in and just struggle. I mean some of his shots were so bad it was very ugly
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 04:39 PM 04-10-2019
Grimes was hot garbage. Like Selby or Bragg, he won’t be missed.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:55 PM 04-10-2019
Grimes was the most disappointing player of the Self era.

Selby at least had an injury/eligibility excuse.

Alexander has an eligibility excuse (maybe he would’ve gotten better?)

Bragg wasn’t ranked as highly.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:07 PM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Grimes was hot garbage. Like Selby or Bragg, he won’t be missed.
What a difference a page makes

[QUOTE=Prison Bitch;14199939]Man, where did all the negative nancies cum from? We are Kansas and as such will always be good unless proved otherwise. A team of

Dotson
Grimes
Agbaji
Mitch
McCormack

Is better talent than anyone in our league and more than about all but 16 teams. With AZ in there it’s top 5-7. Everyone is looking at roster turnover - look at who Dook and KY are losing.[/QUOTE
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 06:04 PM 04-10-2019
I don’t change my assessment at all. Garrett and Grimes are interchangeable.

Had Dotson or Agbaji left, id have been concerned.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:16 PM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
I don’t change my assessment at all. Garrett and Grimes are interchangeable.

Had Dotson or Agbaji left, id have been concerned.
Garrett will at least give you plus defense. You weren't getting plus anything out of the minutes Grimes was stealing.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:20 PM 04-10-2019
Is Grimes hiring an agent? Surely he's just going for feedback and will come back once he finds out he won't even get drafted.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:27 PM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Is Grimes hiring an agent? Surely he's just going for feedback and will come back once he finds out he won't even get drafted.
I know the NBA drafts on potential and all that, but what potential did he show this season? He can't hold Ochai's jock and that guy nearly missed this whole season.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:30 PM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by Pablo:
I know the NBA drafts on potential and all that, but what potential did he show this season? He can't hold Ochai's jock and that guy nearly missed this whole season.
I don't see the potential in Grimes. I really don't. I think the recruiting ranking gurus just missed on the kid. I guess he can ride the pine in the G-League and get a $30,000 a year pay check at least.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 06:32 PM 04-10-2019
Grimes was trash...has no business declaring for the NBA. About as unprepared of a player I've seen declare in a long time.

My worry is if this is somewhat "the writing on the wall" of what's to come, as result of this NCAA investigation and some of these guys are getting out now before a hammer drops. Say what you will about Grimes, but he was a top recruit who was going to start next season so PT wouldn't have been an issue, and I think we can all agree that he's not ready for NBA at all given what we've seen this yr. But maybe he's a pussy and didn't like Self getting on his ass all the time. Players are too soft now and look for easy ways out.

This ended up being a terrible year for Bill Self all things considered. Grimes' departure will result in more scholly's opening up but this next recruiting wave to tell a lot about the future of Self's team, and whether or not he can still recruit these top guys despite the NCAA hounding up KU's ass.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:01 PM 04-10-2019
Would be shocked if Grimes signs an agent. No NBA team is drafting him right now.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:03 PM 04-10-2019
Guys Grimes is gone. He isn't coming back
[Reply]
Page 3 of 151
< 123 45671353103 > Last »
Up