ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 145
< 12 34561252102 > Last »
The Lounge>*****Official 2019/2020 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread*****
saphojunkie 02:55 PM 04-09-2019
Welcome back, my friends.

The night is dark and full of sophomores. We were due a down year, but it's back to hunting banners.

Thread to be updated as new developments emerge.


RETURNING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!


LEAVING PLAYERS:
Spoiler!



INCOMING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!


IMPORTANT GAMES:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:13 PM 04-09-2019
I’m not too optimistic for next year.

2006-07 was a year for optimism with a core of sophomores. We were the reigning Big 12 regular and tourney champs. We brought everyone who mattered back. We were also bringing in 2 big time recruits (Collins and Arthur). The team was already made up of proven winners and was only getting better.

This time, we have a core of sophomores who haven’t won anything. No big time recruits are coming in (so far). We’re losing our most productive player. If Doke comes back, we can’t count on him being healthy.

3rd or 4th in the Big 12 and a 5 seed is probably an accurate expectation for 2019-2020 (unless the recruiting news significantly changes).
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 06:30 PM 04-09-2019
Do we know when the top recruits are due to declare?
[Reply]
farmerchief 07:18 PM 04-09-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Is there anyone worth a shit in the juco circuit?
How about this guy? James Reese

In 29 games this season at Odessa, Reese is averaging 16.1 points per game on 52.9 percent from the field and 45.3 percent from three-point range. He's a strong free-throw shooter at 87.9 percent from the charity stripe and grabs 2.7 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:24 PM 04-09-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Iím not too optimistic for next year.

2006-07 was a year for optimism with a core of sophomores. We were the reigning Big 12 regular and tourney champs. We brought everyone who mattered back. We were also bringing in 2 big time recruits (Collins and Arthur). The team was already made up of proven winners and was only getting better.

This time, we have a core of sophomores who havenít won anything. No big time recruits are coming in (so far). Weíre losing our most productive player. If Doke comes back, we canít count on him being healthy.

3rd or 4th in the Big 12 and a 5 seed is probably an accurate expectation for 2019-2020 (unless the recruiting news significantly changes).


Man, where did all the negative nancies cum from? We are Kansas and as such will always be good unless proved otherwise. A team of

Dotson
Grimes
Agbaji
Mitch
McCormack

Is better talent than anyone in our league and more than about all but 16 teams. With AZ in there itís top 5-7. Everyone is looking at roster turnover - look at who Dook and KY are losing.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:24 PM 04-09-2019
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
Do we know when the top recruits are due to declare?
Matt Hurt is announcing on 4/19
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:35 PM 04-09-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Man, where did all the negative nancies cum from? We are Kansas and as such will always be good unless proved otherwise. A team of

Dotson
Grimes
Agbaji
Mitch
McCormack

Is better talent than anyone in our league and more than about all but 16 teams. With AZ in there itís top 5-7. Everyone is looking at roster turnover - look at who Dook and KY are losing.
Duke and UK are losing a lot, but they also both have 3 top 40 recruits signed already.

I donít see a reason to believe weíll be much better than last year unless something drastically changes on the recruiting front. Any increase in productivity by the returning players may well be offset by losing Lawson.

I have zero faith that Doke will stay healthy if he returns. Heís had 4 injuries in 3 seasons.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 07:37 PM 04-09-2019
I suspect a couple of the available guys from this list might be worth at least a look? :-)

Rank Name Height School Position

4 Khadim Sy 6'10 Daytona State PF
10 Tajzmel Sherman 6'4 Collin County CG
11 Tyson Jolly 6'4 Trinity Valley G/F
12 Wilfried Likayi 6'9 Casper F
13 Tomas Woldetensae 6'5 Indian Hills G
17 Javon Franklin 6'7 Holmes CC PF
19 Marvin Johnson 6'6 Coffeyville SF
21 Brandon Rachal 6'6 Pearl River G
22 Keishawn Brewton 6'3 Chipola CG
23 Trey Wade 6'7 South Plains G/F
24 David Sloan 6'1 John A Logan PG
31 David Nickleberry 6'7 Trinity Valley G/F
32 James Reese 6'4 Odessa SG
33 AJ Bramah 6'7 Sheridan SF
34 James Jean-Marie 6'7 Navarro SF
37 Emmanuel Ugboh 6'11 Iowa Western C
38 Lony Francis Jr 6'7 Vincennes PF
39 Malik Curry 6'2 Palm Beach State PG
40 Raquan Wilkins 6'5 Lee College PG
41 Yeikson Montero 6'5 Pensacola State SG
42 Trey Pulliam 6'3 Navarro G
47 Galen Alexander 6'6 Jones County F
48 Luka Barisic 6'9 Highland F
49 Rich Washington 6'6 Tallahassee SF
50 Shakem Johnson 6'7 Navarro PF

51 Adrean Johnson 6'10 Odessa PF
53 Donte Tatum 6'2 Cape Fear PG
54 Jaekwon Carlyle 6'2 Grayson CG
56 Deang Deang 6'4 Highland CG
58 Kimani Binder 6'3 Indian River State SG
59 Maddox Daniels 6'6 Florida Southwestern State SG
60 Isiah Small 6'8 Seward County SF
61 Eric Lovett 6'4 Missouri West Plains SG
63 Isaac Bonton 6'3 Casper CG
65 RayQuan Evans 6'4 North Idaho G
66 Doudou Gueye 6'8 Daytona State SF/PF
68 Alfonso Plummer 6'1 Arizona Western CG
69 Alsean Evans 6'6 Polk State SF
70 Bitumba Baruti 6'6 Chipola F
71 Sebit Reath 6'10 Lee College PF
73 Keith Clemons 6'1 Vincennes CG
74 Cam Reece 6'6 Sheridan PF/C Akron
75 Demarkus Lampley 6'3 Wallace State Hanceville SG
77 Caleb Coleman 6'5 State Fair SF
78 Solomon Hunt 6'8 East Los Angeles PF
79 Kayne Henry 6'7 Northwest Florida State SF
81 Shawn Stith 6'7 Saddleback PF
83 Jalon Pipkins 6'4 Paris G
84 Gavin Kensmil 6'7 Navarro F
85 Lenell Henry 6'7 Panola PF
86 Demiere Brown 6'7 Kilgore PF
90 Tariq Simmons 6'1 Panola PG
91 Kassim Nicholson 6'6 Holmes G/F
92 Tritan Jarrett 6'4 Three Rivers SG
93 Sean Miller-Moore 6'5 Moberly Area SF
94 CJ Roberts 6'0 Broward CG
95 Jonah Antonio 6'4 South Plains SG
98 Kevin Norman 6'4 Angelina Wing
99 Torrey Patton 6'4 Indian Hills G
100 Roti Ware 6'3 East Central G
[Reply]
Lzen 07:52 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Ummmmmm


Like.......


Itís not looking great.

Lawson being gone is a giant chunk of the production. And azabuke hasnít made a full season. Dotson is good. Pretty much garbage all around.
I realize that AZ is injury prone but that is still not an accurate statement. Did I just imagine that he was available for the entire 2017-2018 season?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:11 AM 04-10-2019
If Hurt signs elsewhere, we know that the top shelf recruits are staying away due to the NCAA not publicly clearing KU for the whole Adidas scheme.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:14 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Duke and UK are losing a lot, but they also both have 3 top 40 recruits signed already.

I donít see a reason to believe weíll be much better than last year unless something drastically changes on the recruiting front. Any increase in productivity by the returning players may well be offset by losing Lawson.

I have zero faith that Doke will stay healthy if he returns. Heís had 4 injuries in 3 seasons.
But we werenít better in 18 than 17, the field just came back to us and we went to the FF. Same can happen here. Same happens every year in college hoops. None of these final four teams were heavy betting faves in Vegas. Even UVA had doubters (and they stole 3 games anyway)
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:38 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
But we werenít better in 18 than 17, the field just came back to us and we went to the FF. Same can happen here. Same happens every year in college hoops. None of these final four teams were heavy betting faves in Vegas. Even UVA had doubters (and they stole 3 games anyway)
UVA got some pretty serious help from the refs over their last couple of wins.

Extreme luck in the win or two before that.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 09:50 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
Do we know when the top recruits are due to declare?
as soon as the check clears.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 10:23 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
If Hurt signs elsewhere, we know that the top shelf recruits are staying away due to the NCAA not publicly clearing KU for the whole Adidas scheme.
Explain how Arizona has the #1 class then?
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:56 AM 04-10-2019
Guys. No reason at all for doom and gloom. As shocking as it sounds, Rusty promised me that this time it is going to be Kansas year.
[Reply]
sedated 12:06 PM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Explain how Arizona has the #1 class then?
And Louisville is in the top 10. Although they purged their coaching staff twice since the FBI deal came out.

Auburn is also in the top 15, and I'd assume most of those commitments were before the tournament.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 145
< 12 34561252102 > Last »
Up