ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 31
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
The Lounge>We have a new GM and his name is Brett Veach
okiedokieokoye 02:36 PM 07-10-2017
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
From @TomPelissero and me: The #Chiefs are finalizing a deal for Brett Veach to be their new GM.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:29 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
Doesnt that mesh exactly with what I am saying...?

Johnson was the Strength of the eagles like Sutton is the Strength of the chiefs...

how is it irrelevant when the situation is similar?
I'm saying it's irrelevant because it won't be an issue here. He has another really good DC that isn't going anywhere.
[Reply]
Pawnmower 05:32 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I'm saying it's irrelevant because it won't be an issue because he has another really good DC that isn't going anywhere.
its still a relevant comparison that the strength behind reid is his DC once again....just because he isn't 'going anywhere' right now doesn't make that comparison invalid
[Reply]
staylor26 05:36 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
its still a relevant comparison that the strength behind reid is his DC once again....just because he isn't 'going anywhere' right now doesn't make that comparison invalid
Reid, like every other offensive minded HC, needs a competent DC to consistently win.

This isn't really that complicated.
[Reply]
Pawnmower 05:39 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Reid, like every other offensive minded HC, needs a competent DC to consistently win.

This isn't really that complicated.
youre the one who said it wasn't relevant....what if sutton gets another job or a HC job...then would it be relevant? YOU are the one who said it isnt a relevant comparison. It is. You're right, its not complicated at all.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:40 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
youre the one who said it wasn't relevant....what if sutton gets another job or a HC job...then would it be relevant? YOU are the one who said it isnt a relevant comparison. It is. You're right, its not complicated at all.
Sutton has already said that he doesn't want to be a HC, so there are no other jobs. He's never ever even interviewed during his time here.

That is why I said this is irrelevant.
[Reply]
Pawnmower 05:42 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
That is why I said this is irrelevant.

Unlikely perhaps (If I accept what you say that he wouldn't take another job or that there are no jobs he would take other than our DC) , but irrelevant is not the right term for it.


[Reply]
In58men 05:44 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
I banned hootie, once . And gave him every ****ing chance to not get banned.
I also banned knowmo from the mahomes thread when it was started but only for two weeks. I thought we deserved that after how long it had been. He's not a chiefs fan he didn't deserve to come talk shit right then. I didn't ban any fan (or even tigger) because of they didn't like the pick that's their right.


In men doesn't knew what sarcasm means and he's pouty about getting clowned in the royals thread yesterday and I said I was gonna ban him but he would miss the post.
I actually didn't see the post until now. Just another typical fire joke, smh. Not that great.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:44 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
Unlikely perhaps, but irrelevant is not the right term for it.

Sutton will be here for the remainder of Reid's tenure unless he dies.
[Reply]
Pawnmower 05:47 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Sutton will be here for the remainder of Reid's tenure unless he dies.
WHat if we win the superbowl 3 times with mahomes and a mind blowing D? No one offers the guy a job and/or he refuses to take more money than Clark offers?

How do you know this? This doesn't even have a ring of truth to it...but I guess if you say so...
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:57 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
WHat if we win the superbowl 3 times with mahomes and a mind blowing D? No one offers the guy a job and/or he refuses to take more money than Clark offers?

How do you know this? This doesn't even have a ring of truth to it...but I guess if you say so...
Bob Sutton is 66 years old. He was the head coach at Army from 1991-1999, where he compiled a 44-54-1 record.

He's stated that he's not interested in becoming a head coach again.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 06:23 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Bob Sutton is 66 years old. He was the head coach at Army from 1991-1999, where he compiled a 44-54-1 record.

He's stated that he's not interested in becoming a head coach again.
44-54-1 is not a bad record at all for a Service Academy and all the restrictions that go along with recruits to them.
[Reply]
BossChief 07:00 PM 07-10-2017
Sweet
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 07:04 PM 07-10-2017
I heard this guy didn't even graduate from high school. Chiefs Blackledge it again.
[Reply]
BossChief 07:11 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I don't think that's true at all.

Ryne Nutt, the Chiefs Southeast Scout, was the guy that heavily scouted Chris Jones and Tyreek Hill.
He is very very good at identifying talent. I love listening to his post draft interviews and his thoughts on each pick.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:17 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Chiefs promoted co-director of player personnel Brett Veach to GM.

The move should give Kansas City stability atop the organization after John Dorsey's shocking firing. Veach has an extensive college scouting background and spent the last two seasons as the Chiefs' co-director of player personnel, working closely with Dorsey and Andy Reid. Veach followed Reid from Philadelphia to Kansas City. He was credited with playing a prominent role in drafting both DeSean Jackson and Fletcher Cox with the Eagles.
There we go . We won't lose a step .
[Reply]
Page 9 of 31
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up