ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 31
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>We have a new GM and his name is Brett Veach
okiedokieokoye 02:36 PM 07-10-2017
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
From @TomPelissero and me: The #Chiefs are finalizing a deal for Brett Veach to be their new GM.
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:57 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
yes , the last hope for a semi retard who cant even BBQ something without burning his shitty apartment down

a guy who 'can smell gas' on steaks made with with a gas BBQ

I mean...Dole was banning people with more frequency than the amount of head you give at truck stops

I can't even think of anyone sauto has banned

to even compare them is stupid
I banned hootie, once . And gave him every fucking chance to not get banned.
I also banned knowmo from the mahomes thread when it was started but only for two weeks. I thought we deserved that after how long it had been. He's not a chiefs fan he didn't deserve to come talk shit right then. I didn't ban any fan (or even tigger) because of they didn't like the pick that's their right.

In men doesn't knew what sarcasm means and he's pouty about getting clowned in the royals thread yesterday and I said I was gonna ban him but he would miss the post.
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:58 PM 07-10-2017
I have heard that is mostly due to the DC who died..

I saw a pretty sad stat where it showed the record of Reid's eagles before and after the guy died, and it was night and day..

Of course I would take that too though..that would be better results than I have seen in my lifetime of 30ish years as a chiefs fan
Jim Johnson iirc was who died, hell uva dc.
[Reply]
penbrook 05:00 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
This!! Should we start worrying yet?
Yes!! We should fly banners around saying fire Veach.

But if he isn't sign by training camp than there is a problem. He's 1 out of 5 first round picks who aren't signed yet in the NFL
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:08 PM 07-10-2017

I saw a pretty sad stat where it showed the record of Reid's eagles before and after the guy died, and it was night and day..

Of course I would take that too though..that would be better results than I have seen in my lifetime of 30ish years as a chiefs fan
Jim Johnson was outstanding. Losing him was one thing. The big problem was the eagles replaced him with a bunch of rejects. Good news is Reid has a DC now who knows what he's doing.

Anyway, I think it's irrelevant because I dont see veach as installing the eagles way. I'm sure he will model his personnel operation after Dorsey's. That's a good thing. I just hope he can do it as effectively. I don't think Reid has much history meddling with the draft so I don't think that will be an issue. I think veach will be allowed to be his own man.
[Reply]
Black Bob 05:11 PM 07-10-2017
Wonder if Clark will go with someone else in January if we have a mediocre season. This hire seems temporary to me.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:12 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
From Clark:

Remember the reports that internal employees were pissed that Dorsey got the credit for talent they found?

Do you think that Veach was the one finding a lot of the guys we brought in the last 4 years?

Apparently Clark does.
I'd love nothing more than to believe this is true

If this guy and Borgonzi can continue to draft and find scrap heap value at the level Dorsey did (or didnt?)... I will be ecstatic

But in keeping with the spirit of Missouri... they'll need to 'show me' before I buy in
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:14 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I'm good with hiring veach. If he can make the same kind of personnel decisions as Dorsey and manage the cap well, we've got a great gm pick.

But it's silly to undermine the work Dorsey did to justify the hire. He's easily the best gm the Chiefs have had in decades. Clark may have had his reasons for the move but he better be ****ing right. Veach has the qualifications to do it. But the bar is set pretty high if you're going to fire a guy like Dorsey.
All of this
[Reply]
RippedmyFlesh 05:17 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Coining and copyrighting "Son of a Veach" when this dude fucks up.
Or when he nails it "A day at the Veach"
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:22 PM 07-10-2017
That's false. While Jim Johnson certainly deserves credit, Any Reid and the offense were damn good in Phily.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 05:23 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Coining and copyrighting "Son of a Veach" when this dude ****s up.
song idea, i will do voice if dane plays the guitar and we get someone to make the cowbell HELLA loud

[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 05:24 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
That's false. While Jim Johnson certainly deserves credit, Any Reid and the offense were damn good in Phily.
I don't know too much about it, i didn't follow the eagles but the w/l record before and after Johnson's death was pretty convincing ...but its been a few years since i saw the stat
[Reply]
staylor26 05:24 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
And it's kind of irrelevant since Bob Sutton and the defense continue to be the strength of the team.

Sutton might not be JJ, but he's one of the best currently in the NFL. He's better than Chiefs fans give him credit for.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:26 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by Black Bob:
Wonder if Clark will go with someone else in January if we have a mediocre season. This hire seems temporary to me.
:-)

:-)
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 05:28 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
And it's kind of irrelevant since Bob Sutton and the defense continue to be the strength of the team.
Doesnt that mesh exactly with what I am saying...?

Johnson was the Strength of the eagles like Sutton is the Strength of the chiefs...

how is it irrelevant when the situation is similar?
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:28 PM 07-10-2017
I can't wait to yell at casual fan n00b posters who will inevitably call him "Brent Veach"
[Reply]
Page 8 of 31
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up