ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 31
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>We have a new GM and his name is Brett Veach
okiedokieokoye 02:36 PM 07-10-2017
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
From @TomPelissero and me: The #Chiefs are finalizing a deal for Brett Veach to be their new GM.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:34 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
I heard this guy didn't even graduate from high school. Chiefs Blackledge it again.
:-)
[Reply]
milkman 07:42 PM 07-10-2017
Life's a Veach.
[Reply]
Coach 07:44 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
Unlikely perhaps (If I accept what you say that he wouldn't take another job or that there are no jobs he would take other than our DC) , but irrelevant is not the right term for it.

Sutton isn't going anywhere.

He's either going to retire/dies as the DC,

OR

He's going to get fired for poor defense (He'd have to reach Greg Robinson level bad to get that point, which is very unlikely).

That's it. There are no if/and/or/buts.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 08:05 PM 07-10-2017
Philly-west.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 08:26 PM 07-10-2017
The future appears dim.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 08:29 PM 07-10-2017
OMG MY HAIR IS ON FIRE!!!
[Reply]
milkman 08:38 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Sutton will be here for the remainder of Reid's tenure unless he dies.
You do know that Jim Johnson died at the age of 68?
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 08:39 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by Black Bob:
Wonder if Clark will go with someone else in January if we have a mediocre season. This hire seems temporary to me.
It's probably because you're a mouth-breathing moron.

Yeah, Clark is going to give Veach a 4 year deal only to go with someone else in January. Your fingers should reject whatever signals your brain sends them before you post this constant nonsense.

Veach is a really well regarded guy who has a great eye for talent. He's going to be here multiple years.
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 08:40 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop:
The future appears dim.
We finally have a young QB, with a lot of upper echelon players that aren't in their primes yet and the future is dim?

Jesus.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:56 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by The Bad Guy:
Veach is a really well regarded guy who has a great eye for talent. He's going to be here multiple years.
Exactly. If he wasn't going to get the Chiefs gig, he'd be elsewhere next year.

Also, if Veach succeeds for the next five years, it's likely he'll get to name Reid's successor, who I expect to be his former teammate and current Chiefs co-offensive coordinator, Matt Nagy.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:57 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by The Bad Guy:
We finally have a young QB, with a lot of upper echelon players that aren't in their primes yet and the future is dim?

Jesus.
Typical Chiefsplanet dumbassery
[Reply]
notorious 08:57 PM 07-10-2017
I hope he is that diamond in the rough that will finally get a SB title.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:59 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
I hope he is that diamond in the rough that will finally get a SB title.
Lamar Hunt had two GM's from 1960 until his death in 2006.

Since 2006, Clark Hunt has fired three GM's and hired a 4th.

Clark ain't fuckin' around.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 09:01 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Being a successful GM is collaborative effort.

While Dorsey's gone, most of the scouts still remain, as does Borgonzi.

They hired Chris Shea as salary cap and legal executive, and Tim Terry as director of pro personnel.

They also promoted Brandt Tilis to director of football administration (replacing Trip MacCracken), Ryan Poles to director of college scouting, Ryne Nutt to assistant director of college scouting, Dan Zegers to college scouting coordinator, Jim Noel to be a pro scout and Daniel Ricci to be a player personnel assistant.

Even if they hadn't fired Dorsey, there was a big front office shake up.
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Oh, you mean like taking a CB in the 3rd round, bypassing Dak Prescott, only to cut him before the end of Training Camp?

That kind of **** up?
I agree our front office was working together. But that being said that would mean Veach was also involved in the 3rd round decision to take a CB over Prescott.

I'm not trying to throw mud on this hire. This was the right move and I'm excited that we have such a deep front office that we can lose our top 2 and still be in a good shape.

However, we did lose our top 2. Even if people want to say Dorsey's flaws were enough to get him fired, having Dorsey, Ballard, and Veach collaborating clearly was a great combination. I personally would have preferred Clark make this "audit" earlier so we could have Ballard and Veach(for as many years we could keep him). Ballard/Veach would sound better to me but who knows if that scenario was ever even possible. I just don't like reading that Clark waited until after Ballard left to assess if he wanted to keep Dorsey. Even if this works out better for us that still is a questionable case of timing.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:02 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I can't wait to yell at casual fan n00b posters who will inevitably call him "Brent Veach"

That won't happen because Brett is a very popular name in KC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 10 of 31
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up