Page 3 of 18
< 123 456713 > Last »
Media Center>Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt 2 trailer
DBOSHO 10:15 AM 04-30-2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_kDb...e_gdata_player

Looks intense. Im really looking forward to this. SMD if repost
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:33 AM 06-28-2011
If anyone is a bitch in this story....it's Draco Malfoy. Anytime I hear his name or see him on screen.....I want to beat his ass.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:34 AM 06-28-2011
Originally Posted by luv:
I am super excited to see what gets left out of the movie that was in the book. From the looks of the send trailer, it would appear that they got a lot of it in there, but there are a few things I'm expecting to be left out or changed for the movie.

I've got tickets to a double feature. They're showing Pt 1 at 9pm on July 14 (or whatever that Thursday night is), then the premier at midnight. I decided to see it in 3D. Can't wait!

They are going to fuck up the most important parts of the book, I know it:

Snape's Chapter
Kings Cross
Final Battle
[Reply]
DeezNutz 09:36 AM 06-28-2011
One of Potter's greatest strengths, as well as what separates him from most other characters, is his moral compass. His compassion and willingness to put others before himself, consistently, is unparalleled in Rowling's world.

Potter is never meant to be viewed as a "badass." He's a type of Everyman. There's not a secret Adonis behind the glasses; he really is physically unimposing. Thus, it's easy for us to put ourselves in Harry's shoes.

But what's within Potter is stronger than anyone whom he encounters. Microcosm of this fact?: his ability to cast a ridiculous patronus charm.
[Reply]
luv 09:36 AM 06-28-2011
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
They are going to **** up the most important parts of the book, I know it:

Snape's Chapter
Kings Cross
Final Battle
I was definitely thinking Snape and Final Battle. Hadn't thought of King's Cross, but I could definitely see that.

I wonder how they'll handle the Epilogue.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:47 AM 06-28-2011
I was definitely thinking Snape and Final Battle. Hadn't thought of King's Cross, but I could definitely see that.

I wonder how they'll handle the Epilogue.
They screwed up Half Blood Prince by skimming over what I thought was the most important parts of the book.....Dumbledore teaching Harry about the Horcruxes.
[Reply]
luv 09:50 AM 06-28-2011
They screwed up Half Blood Prince by skimming over what I thought was the most important parts of the book.....Dumbledore teaching Harry about the Horcruxes.
Yep, and also where Harry sees Snape's thoughts. Rather incomplete.

I think Half Blood Prince was the worst movie in regards to the book.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 10:03 AM 06-28-2011
They are going to **** up the most important parts of the book, I know it:

Snape's Chapter
Kings Cross
Final Battle
The thing that the movie makers REALLY fucked up was the scene where Snape actually kills Dumbledore. In the book there was absolutely nothing Harry could do about it because Dumbledore had put a spell on Harry to freeze him solid (luckily Harry was under his invisibility cloak at the time), and Harry was forced to watch helplessly while Snape did the deed.

In the movie, they had Harry act like a sniveling coward who stood there in hiding while Snape killed Dumbledore. I was so pissed!
[Reply]
Fish 10:07 AM 06-28-2011
It was never meant for him to be the best. Only the Chosen One. .
.It was never about him being the best at anything.
Originally Posted by DeezNutz:
Potter is never meant to be viewed as a "badass." He's a type of Everyman.
Well... that's just unacceptable. I don't set out to read 7 novels dealing in magic and wizardry and fantasy in which the central character, the "Chosen One", is a turd of a hero who's strength is "moral compass".

That's horseshit Rowling. And I really like the descriptive and detailed world she creates. I like pretty much everything about the series except for fucking Harry Potter. It's an otherwise awesome series except for the neutered "hero", which I can't bring myself to root for.
[Reply]
DeezNutz 10:09 AM 06-28-2011
I don't see much difference between Harry Potter and Luke Skywalker, or any hero for that matter.

Check out the hero's journey, as defined by Joseph Campbell in Hero with a 1000 Faces.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 10:12 AM 06-28-2011
I thought Harry was pretty heroic at the end of the Deathly Hallows book when he took on (you-know-who) and kicked his ass.

(I underlined "book" in case they fuck that up in the movie too).
[Reply]
dpg4zombie 10:17 AM 06-28-2011
Harry is really limited by his age/ having to follow the rules of his school. Because if he goes off and breaks all the rules and gets kicked out.. We wouldnt have a story of a orphan discovering a new world and coming into his own..
[Reply]
Swanman 11:10 AM 06-28-2011
They showed a split second of Molly Weasley going straight up gangsta, which was one of my favorite parts of all the books.
[Reply]
Swanman 11:11 AM 06-28-2011
Without spoiling anything, it looks like the final showdown is quite a bit different than the book, judging from the trailer.
[Reply]
luv 11:37 AM 06-28-2011
Originally Posted by Swanman:
They showed a split second of Molly Weasley going straight up gangsta, which was one of my favorite parts of all the books.
Mine too. I wonder if she'll say "bitch" in the movie.
[Reply]
vailpass 12:15 PM 06-28-2011
I hope part 2 is better than part 1. What a shitty 2 hours of my life wasted. I wrote VuDu and asked for a refund.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 18
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up