ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 45
« First < 354142434445
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2020 NFL Combine Thread***
RunKC 09:20 AM 02-24-2020
It’s that time again. Post any news, rumors and prospect info.

2020 On-Field Workout Schedule
•Thursday, Feb 27. 4-11PM ET. TE, QB, WR. Tight ends, quarterbacks and wide receivers take the field for the first day of on-field workouts
•Friday, Feb 28. 4-11PM ET. PK, ST, OL, RB
•Saturday, Feb 29. 4-11PM ET. DL, LB
•Sunday, Mar 1. 2-7PM ET. DB.

Measurements are beginning now. Mods feel free please post the twitter feed in the OP
[Reply]
RunKC 01:58 PM 03-03-2020
We got fined and lost draft picks for this bullshit with Jeremy Maclin but hey it’s cool if other teams do this shit.

I’m still pissed about this.

Source says Chris Harris met with at least 24 teams at the combine. Dallas has expressed interest.

— Calvin Watkins (@calvinwatkins) March 2, 2020

[Reply]
staylor26 02:03 PM 03-03-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
We got fined and lost draft picks for this bullshit with Jeremy Maclin but hey it’s cool if other teams do this shit.

Sounds like he was in Israel when you look at the comments.

But yea I still haven’t gotten over that. That could’ve cost us a Pro Bowl caliber player.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:10 PM 03-03-2020
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Retaining HoboSpirit after 2016 was wildly popular round these parts.

CP is getting savvier.
Was it, though? There were several of us who, at the very least, questioned the move.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 02:50 PM 03-03-2020
Originally Posted by bowener:
I'm a moron so excuse my terrible take, but I think you pay Jones whatever he is worth.

If we don't have Jones then we need major upgrades at both CBs, obviously LBs, and DE opposite Clark, and DT. Having Jones on the field in passing situations is a huge help to the secondary and LBs in coverage. Without his pressure up the middle QBs will be able to step up and out of Clark's reach and coverage will quickly break down.

What is the cost of upgrading at least 3 positions on the defense as well as replacing half of Jones' production? I am betting it is more than $23 million a season and none of this is taking into account his connection to teammates. Those positions still need upgrades, but you won't require an all-pro corner, and our DE situation is serviceable with Speaks coming back in a depth role (unless he somehow steps up and grabs the starting spot opposite Clark). I hope the Chiefs are able to draft a starting LB and DB in the first three rounds, but I imagine we'll only get one of those.
Quoted for truth that some are missing.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
nychief 02:51 PM 03-03-2020
https://twitter.com/theMMQB/status/1...906650114?s=20
[Reply]
BossChief 03:40 PM 03-03-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
You don’t know that.

Will he be less than Jones? Yeah. But you don’t know where he’ll end up on the CB market scale.
It’s pointless to argue with that guy.
[Reply]
BossChief 03:43 PM 03-03-2020

If the team losing the player says it’s ok, then it’s ok.

The argument I’ve heard was that Andy called Maclin directly while the Eagles were still trying to work something out.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:23 AM 03-09-2020
Hoo boy

👀@chiefs https://t.co/28RiSH9w5a

— Matt Miller (@nfldraftscout) March 9, 2020

[Reply]
staylor26 11:41 AM 03-09-2020
Hoo boy

If he displayed any ball skills whatsoever he’d be a 1st round lock.

He’s still learning the position though and wouldn’t be a bad pick at all at 32.
[Reply]
RunKC 05:41 PM 03-09-2020
Man just reading about some guys we have talked to. Check this guy out:

Terrell Burgess S Utah

Ideal size
Lauded for game prep and hard work
Versatility to play safety and corner

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/terrel...0-9b8e33e83c2a

Looks like a future Dan Sorenson replacement. He’s only started 1 season too, so we could likely get him in in the mid rounds.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:05 PM 03-09-2020
Man just reading about some guys we have talked to. Check this guy out:

Terrell Burgess S Utah

Ideal size
Lauded for game prep and hard work
Versatility to play safety and corner

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/terrel...0-9b8e33e83c2a

Looks like a future Dan Sorenson replacement. He’s only started 1 season too, so we could likely get him in in the mid rounds.
While I really like him, I’ve seen Burgess popping up in the 1st round in mocks since the combine. I don’t think he makes it out of the 3rd and there’s a decent chance he goes in the 2nd.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:07 AM 03-10-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
You don’t know that.

Will he be less than Jones? Yeah. But you don’t know where he’ll end up on the CB market scale.
WTF. Yes, we do know that. Good god.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:19 AM 03-10-2020
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
WTF. Yes, we do know that. Good god.
Really? What will his contract numbers be?
[Reply]
Page 45 of 45
« First < 354142434445
Up