ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>Washington - History Channel Docudrama
Easy 6 08:04 PM 02-17-2020
Anyone else watching this tonight?

I’m loving it, it’s been a deep and very entertaining dive into our American story so far... not sure how many parts there are to this series, but I’ll be here next Monday
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 03:17 PM 02-18-2020
What channel is it on, or carrier...or whatever...

EDIT: Wait...I'm a moran...forget it...
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:26 PM 02-18-2020
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
What channel is it on, or carrier...or whatever...

EDIT: Wait...I'm a moran...forget it...
:-) no worries, but yeah it’s about the life and times of our founding father, very engrossing

Goes into a lot of detail about the battles he fought both as a British subject, then of course later as a rebel

It’s interspersed with history experts sharing various insights, all in all it is great television
[Reply]
Frazod 03:44 PM 02-18-2020
One of my co-workers was talking about this today. Who knew History Channel still actually did history? It's gotten so bad that I don't even check it when channel surfing.

I guess I'll have to check when it's on again.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:59 PM 02-18-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
One of my co-workers was talking about this today. Who knew History Channel still actually did history? It's gotten so bad that I don't even check it when channel surfing.

It’s excellent, I was both entertained and informed
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 09:41 PM 02-18-2020

This. I can't remember the last time I watched the History channel, and it used to be a go to for me.

But this sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out...
[Reply]
Mennonite 09:42 PM 02-18-2020
When do they get to the part about George and Bigfoot burying the Oak Island treasure in Area 51?
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:10 AM 02-19-2020

I always hesitate on docudramas. Every time I think it ought to be good it isn’t.

I’ll give this one a go. As long as they didn’t monkey with the history I won’t complain too much.
[Reply]
Graystoke 12:44 PM 02-19-2020
Finished this last night and I give it an A.
Very well done. Produced by Doris Goodwin.
The whole series really drives home the point on how fragile the birth of this nation really was.
Washington is more then the Father of our Nation, dude was a stud.
Also, is it just me or did the actor who portrayed Washington look like a weird Ted Koppel?
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 03:06 PM 02-19-2020
I highly recommend 1776 by David McCullough to anyone that enjoyed this. It only covers one year but does a better job than the show.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:21 PM 02-19-2020
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
Finished this last night and I give it an A.
Very well done. Produced by Doris Goodwin.
The whole series really drives home the point on how fragile the birth of this nation really was.
Washington is more then the Father of our Nation, dude was a stud.
Also, is it just me or did the actor who portrayed Washington look like a weird Ted Koppel?
Agreed on all fronts here, it was SO touch and go so many different times... particularly the fog rolling in at just the right time for crossing the Delaware

I also found it very interesting how one historian noted that if the Brits had just given him the commission he wanted, our history would likely be very, very different

It didn’t cross my mind that he resembled Koppel, but you’re right he does... albeit with a very strong “Roman nose” as I believe it’s called
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 02:32 PM 02-21-2020
Recorded all 3 nights
Have watched it twice. No commercials. Perfect.
Micheal Medved had a history audio set he used to sell. His "coverage" of the American Revolution is really good.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 03:41 AM 02-24-2020
probably a bunch of malarky propaganda. I watched it. some might be truth, some not.
its hilarious that they point out he learned/made up a loophole to keep his slaves from the 6th month freedom law. Yeah, the father of American Bureaucracy lol.
[Reply]
Up