ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>Netflix: Locke and Key
InChiefsHeaven 11:19 AM 02-17-2020
Anybody watch this? Wife an I binge watched this weekend. I guess it's based on graphic novels.

I found it enjoyable, and I'm looking forward to the next installment. It had some seriously cheesy moments and sometimes it tried to hard to be funny or cool, but overall it was a fun ride.

It was no Stranger Things, but it was pretty good. Anyone else see this? I did a search and didn't see any threads on it...
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:59 PM 02-17-2020
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Anybody watch this? Wife an I binge watched this weekend. I guess it's based on graphic novels.

I found it enjoyable, and I'm looking forward to the next installment. It had some seriously cheesy moments and sometimes it tried to hard to be funny or cool, but overall it was a fun ride.

It was no Stranger Things, but it was pretty good. Anyone else see this? I did a search and didn't see any threads on it...
Just started episode 3. Its decent so far but not spectacular.. Should i continue watching?
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 02:00 PM 02-17-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Just started episode 3. Its decent so far but not spectacular.. Should i continue watching?
I'd say yes. It definitely gets better, but it's not some earth shattering thing either. Some of it is predictable, there's a pretty interesting twist at the end and of course the ending which leaves tons of room for the inevitable next season.

But all in all, I thought it was a pretty fun, pretty gripping (in some places) and pretty interesting story. Worth the watch. Right around episode 3 I too was about to give up on it, not that I hated it but I wasn't pushed one way or the other. Keep after it, it's worth it.
[Reply]
007 08:21 PM 02-17-2020
I truly enjoyed this series. Looking forward to next season.
[Reply]
scho63 10:43 AM 02-18-2020
One of my co-workers at Amazon who is a movie junkie just mentioned this series.

Said it was really good. Had never heard of it but will check it out.

Thanks for posting OP!
[Reply]
Indian Chief 08:30 PM 02-18-2020
Haven't seen it, but I did read the graphic novels. Really enjoyed the story.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 09:26 PM 02-18-2020
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
Haven't seen it, but I did read the graphic novels. Really enjoyed the story.
Check it out and report back. I'd be curious about the comparison...
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:33 PM 02-23-2020
I'm through 8 episodes and so far, on my scale for Netflix genre shows, I'd put it somewhere between Umbrella Academy or Sabrina (the higher end of the scale) and Lost in Space (low...). About on par with the recent October Faction series. Definitely not to the level of Stranger Things or Russian Doll or the top seasons of their Marvel shows. It's decent enough to watch, but you'll probably forget about it ten minutes after it's over.
[Reply]
Up