ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Raiders draft
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:46 PM 02-15-2020
I found this interesting and a little scary

https://justblogbaby.com/2020/02/15/...rprise-pick/2/

Round 1, Pick No. 12: Jacob Eason, QB, Washington
Similar to the New York Giants selecting Duke quarterback Daniel Jones early last year, the Raiders make a surprise pick selecting Jacob Eason with the No. 12 overall pick in the NFL draft. Eason is basically the opposite of Derek Carr, and if Jon Gruden really is tired of Carr as the franchise quarterback, this selection makes sense.

You will rarely see Eason throw to a check down, and more often see him airing the ball out and hitting receivers in stride. Eason has a cannon of an arm, and with how much time the Raiders offensive line will be able to give him, he will have time to make big plays.

Round 1, Pick No. 19: Henry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama

If the Raiders are going to have a quarterback who wants to throw deep, they need a receiver with the speed to get downfield. Insert Alabama wide receiver Henry Ruggs III. Ruggs is the fastest receiver in college football and would bring a completely unique skill set to the Raiders offense.

With the additions of Eason and Ruggs, Jon Gruden finds his fun, explosive offense that he wanted. The team already has an elite running back in Josh Jacobs, and a solid offensive line, so they get their final missing piece on offense in Ruggs here at No. 19

Thoughts

[Reply]
Wilson8 09:04 PM 02-15-2020
Maybe I should ask the Al Davis question. Is Jacob Eason really fast?

Like you write, the Las Vegas Raiders (Sounds funny writing that) will have two 1st round picks and I expect them to draft a CB and a WR. They could get some really good ones.

Actually I hope that they draft QB Jacob Eason. I don't see him coming in and being a fixer for their QB problem. That's also one less really good player that they would get if they use the pick on Eason.

They have NO 2nd round picks.

They have 3, 3rd round picks that they could use for LB, DL, and OL help.

It's the Raiders. I can wish them nothing but bad luck.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:28 PM 02-15-2020
:-)

Yea we should be terrified of the Raiders wasting the 12th overall pick on a QB that shouldn’t even go in the 1st round.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:29 PM 02-15-2020
Eason is not that accurate, a statue, and Washington's O was pretty mediocre if not bad last year.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:44 PM 02-15-2020
I'm more worried if they get LB Isaiah Simmons and DT Justin Madubuike. A top-notch cover linebacker that can play all over the field and cover receivers and a penetrating DT to go with those edge rushers would be tough on us offensively.
[Reply]
Dante84 02:54 PM 02-18-2020
Yeah if I had to play in KC's division, it would be hard for me to decide if I wanted to load up on defense or offense.

Defense to try and contain/stop Mahomes, or Offense to try and keep up.

I'd probably lean offense.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:46 PM 02-22-2020
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Yeah if I had to play in KC's division, it would be hard for me to decide if I wanted to load up on defense or offense.

Defense to try and contain/stop Mahomes, or Offense to try and keep up.

I'd probably lean offense.
I'd probably trade everything for a secondary. And drop 10 every time.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:59 PM 02-22-2020
You can't stop Mahomes, only try to contain him and the offense. To do that you need a pass rush; you have to limit Pat's time holding the ball. Raiders have no pass rush, so they need to get someone to fill that role.

After that you need an efficient offense to try and keep pace with the Chiefs offense. The Raiders have a decent WR1 and a decent but young TE1 and a good RB1. They need either another good pass-catching TE or a better WR2 or a slot WR. They already have a good OL and a decent run stopping DL.

And of course a QB that doesn't brainfart as often in critical situations as Carr. Maybe PJ Walker will be available . . .
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:00 PM 02-22-2020
Small sample size but generally history shows that to beat a healthy Mahomes, you gotta score big.

I’d be looking to add speed and more speed.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:14 PM 02-22-2020
Either the Raiders or Broncos will draft Henry Ruggs. They both see Tyreek twice a year and know they have to get someone like him.
[Reply]
Up