ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 38
« First < 283435363738
Media Center>Star Wars Episode IX - SPOILER THREAD
DaneMcCloud 09:46 PM 12-17-2019
Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker had its premiere last night at the Dolby Theater in Hollywood. Non-Spoiler reviews and Twitter mentions are trickling out and they're overwhelmingly positive.

I'll be seeing the film Thursday night, 6:30pm PST but I'm not sure if I'll have time to post because we're traveling for the holidays, leaving at 4am the next morning. If I can't post Thursday evening, I'll get to it at some point over the weekend, maybe after I've seen it a second time.

It's a Spoiler thread but let's try to keep the real spoilery stuff in the Spoiler Tags through the weekend, just so we don't ruin the movie for someone that accidentally clicks on the thread.

Let's hear it! :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:20 PM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by Sorry:
Money talks, he’d make the same decision lol
It was his money, though. It wasn't like he was taking money from a studio, then producing those films.

I've mentioned this several times before but Lucas did reach out to every A-List director at the time but no one wanted to touch a Star Wars property because in the end, it's a losing proposition.

Just look what's happened to JJ Abrams, Rian Johnson, Chris Miller and Phil Lord, Gareth Edwards and Ron Howard since directing Star Wars films. Outside of Howard, their reputations were dragged through the mud for months, if not years, on end, they were threatened on Social Media and fans boycotted Lucasfilm releases.

Sometimes the best move is the move you don't make.
[Reply]
Sorry 01:24 PM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It was his money, though. It wasn't like he was taking money from a studio, then producing those films.

I've mentioned this several times before but Lucas did reach out to every A-List director at the time but no one wanted to touch a Star Wars property because in the end, it's a losing proposition.

Just look what's happened to JJ Abrams, Rian Johnson, Chris Miller and Phil Lord, Gareth Edwards and Ron Howard since directing Star Wars films. Outside of Howard, their reputations were dragged through the mud for months, if not years, on end, they were threatened on Social Media and fans boycotted Lucasfilm releases.

Thanks for the perspective. Now what’s the common factor behind all the negativity of directing a Star Wars film as these are all talented directors/producers/storytellers in one shape or form.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:58 PM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:10 PM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
:-)

Man, I LOVE that movie!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:58 PM 07-27-2020
If this is all true, fuck you KK.

And fucking give us the Lucas cut.

https://cosmicbook.news/star-wars-lu...OwG3ma4TzbtQ5c
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:11 AM 08-04-2020
:-)...completely explains their acting in this scene, too.

Eric Idle admits he 'sent Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford high' onto Empire Strikes Back set

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/20...8ywZqDL5sSvsJ8

Originally Posted by :
Monty Python star Eric Idle has revealed that in 1979 he sent Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford to a Star Wars shoot "high", following an all-night party.

Speaking to The New York Times, while promoting his new memoir Always Look on The Bright Side of Life: A Sortabiography, Idle admitted that he kept the pair "up too late" before they shot the Cloud City scenes for The Empire Strikes Back:

"We were having too much fun. Carrie Fisher had rented my house and she was staying there. We went to bed and they went to work. It turns out when they filmed the scene, they were still a little high."

Stories of wild living had long swirled around the second Star Wars film. Fisher, who was 19 at the time, later admitted to losing control of her cocaine habit on set, and in 2015 she mentioned Idle's party to The Daily Beast, saying the Pythons gave her and Ford something called "The Tunisian Death Drink".

"We never went to sleep", she said, "so we weren’t hungover — we were still drunk when we arrived in Cloud City the next day. We don’t really smile a lot in the movie, but there we’re smiling."

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:47 AM 03-21-2024
lmao

Originally Posted by :
What is the worst plan ever enacted in the Star Wars Universe?

Few can compete with Palpatine’s ‘final order’ plan, which was probably originally a fan fiction written by a fourth grader. Here’s how it goes:

The First Order was a puppet army commanded by the puppet Snoke, who was controlled by Palpatine. Mr. Sheev was behind everything.

Anyways, Palpatine has a fleet of what appears to be thousands of Star Destroyers, each equipped with the ability to destroy a planet, because I guess budgeting is no longer a thing. But there’s a catch.

They each take twelve hours to launch.

So, good ol’ Sheev, not the best planner, tells the entire galaxy that he is in-fact back.
As such, the Resistance has twelve hours to assemble the entire galaxy and destroy Palpatine’s army, which by the way, just bursts through the surface of the planet. No, I’m not making that up.

But it gets worse: these ships don’t know which way is up from down and require an antenna to tell them which way is up despite having gone up in the process of launching. In the words of Vito, “You’re telling me they’ve got a thousand goddamn ships, and none of them can take off if you break Palpatine’s DirecTV satellite?”

Whatever the case, this movie is absolutely stuffed with plot holes and requires no further analysis.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:58 AM 03-21-2024
Having now read about 8-10 of the EU novels, it's even more mind-boggling to me that Disney fucked this whole thing up.

They were spoon fed several great characters and storylines. All they had to do was make a half-hearted effort to harmonize them and turn them into screenplays. Hell, they didn't even have to stick to those stories, but the foundations were in place.

And they just absolutely gacked all of it. It's completely inexplicable.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:11 PM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Having now read about 8-10 of the EU novels, it's even more mind-boggling to me that Disney fucked this whole thing up.

They were spoon fed several great characters and storylines. All they had to do was make a half-hearted effort to harmonize them and turn them into screenplays. Hell, they didn't even have to stick to those stories, but the foundations were in place.

And they just absolutely gacked all of it. It's completely inexplicable.
All they had to do was make the Thrawn Trilogy.

If original actors were too old, a slight modification to their successors in place for all the action, and done.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:05 PM 03-21-2024
How is Talon Kardde not front and center in this?

If Han and Luke are too old, you have Kardde and Corran Horne on your bench.

It just shouldn't have been possible to mess it up this badly.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:18 PM 03-21-2024
Hell, could've done 3 with Thrawn and 3 with the Darth Caedus arc.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 02:15 PM 03-21-2024
The answer to this was simple: You don’t put a person who has no creative talent or knowledge of Star Wars in charge of Star Wars. No one should be surprised that they screwed it up or that every movie Kathleen Kennedy started had to undergo massive re-writes and post-principal photography changes.
[Reply]
Page 38 of 38
« First < 283435363738
Up