ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 28
« First < 162223242526 2728 >
Media Center>Loki Trailer
Tribal Warfare 04:33 AM 12-11-2020

[Reply]
arrowheadnation 11:13 PM 11-09-2023
Damn…you ever watch a movie or show and when it ends, you “know” that you just saw something freaking epic, but you don’t exactly know why? I’m gonna need a Rockstar explanation like ASAP. Not gonna lie, there were points during that episode where I thought, “F yeah, the MCU is BACK!” Wow.

Here is how I understood it.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Jamie 05:16 AM 11-10-2023
My understanding of the ending is
Spoiler!

As a whole I think I'd put Loki up there with No Way Home and GOTG 3 as the best Marvel stuff since Endgame. I don't know if it could have worked as a movie (or two?) but I wonder if it should have been, just for the sake of putting their best foot forward. And significance too, I guess it's hard to say without knowing where things are going, but it feels like Loki will have more relevance to what's coming than Multiverse of Madness or Quantumania.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:54 PM 11-10-2023
OMG I just saw something so special. That was amazing TV.

Tom deserves an Emmy for that episode alone. Unbelievable they could pull that off from where the Marvel universe was and now, possibilities are endless.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:16 PM 11-10-2023
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
Damn…you ever watch a movie or show and when it ends, you “know” that you just saw something freaking epic, but you don’t exactly know why? I’m gonna need a Rockstar explanation like ASAP. Not gonna lie, there were points during that episode where I thought, “F yeah, the MCU is BACK!” Wow.

Here is how I understood it.
Spoiler!
I know. This is the best Disney TV they have ever done.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:28 PM 11-10-2023
How’s that for character development? The most selfish character in the continuity makes the most selfless sacrifice he could have made. Loki is a fucking badass.

Glorious purpose indeed.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:32 PM 11-10-2023
I never gave two shits about Loki or Hiddleston prior to this series but now I think they’re both fucking awesome. They did such a great job.

Unfortunately I knew they’d have to sideline him somehow as soon as he started to perfect his time slipping powers. He was far too OP by the end of that finale.

I do wonder what sort of influence he’ll have over the timelines, if any.
[Reply]
A Salt Weapon 10:07 PM 11-10-2023
That was incredible.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 12:14 AM 11-11-2023
Explained

https://youtu.be/yLa7j3MMLhA?si=TbTj8CO3xFSDs4l2
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:55 AM 11-11-2023
Loki God of Stories
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:38 AM 11-11-2023
Very good ending to this series, particularly these last two episodes. Given that they stuck the landing, I'd rank the series overall up there with anything done in the MCU.

Also, with Loki's control of the timelines now it felt like they ended that in a way that they can write Jonathan Majors' characters out of the MCU going forward if they have to as well.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:29 AM 11-11-2023
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
Explained

https://youtu.be/yLa7j3MMLhA?si=TbTj8CO3xFSDs4l2
Ahhhhhh, I see. So this guy here has a theory that God of Stories Loki will handpick heroes from different timelines to destroy Kang in the Secret Wars. That is a great theory.

If you’ve ever read Secret Wars, the multiversal war was a big part of it. The big issue is what they call “incursions” which are basically just inverses colliding and wiping each other out. By the end of the story, all but one universe is wiped out. I’m guessing that’ll be the end goal for the MCU too in order to clean up these timeline shenanigans.. and what better way to introduce beloved properties than by plucking their established counterparts from other timelines and bringing them to the main MCU timeline?

If that does end up being the case, I wonder which heroes will be kept from this main timeline..

You have to imagine Spider-Man and Doctor Strange will stick around. Thor is iffy with Hemsworth’s new diagnosis. Deadpool seems to be going strong so I’d imagine they’ll keep him somehow. Seems like they’ve got a hard-on for Captain Marvel.

They’ve also spent 10+ years building this continuity so I wouldn’t be shocked if they just make this universe we’ve been watching the sole surviving reality and just plop some others like FF4, X-Men, Beta Ray Bill, maybe Miles Morales, etc. from other realities into this one and roll from there.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 03:40 PM 11-11-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Also, with Loki's control of the timelines now it felt like they ended that in a way that they can write Jonathan Majors' characters out of the MCU going forward if they have to as well.
I watched the last episode last night. This was my first thought as it was wrapping up too. Pretty dang good, especially if they did rewrite it to possibly eliminate HWR's if needed.

I agree with someone earlier who said Majors seems to be a very good actor. I don't know a lot about his legal troubles. I guess we'll see how they play out.

It felt like that may wrap up the Loki series then which is too bad as it's been very enjoyable.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:41 PM 11-11-2023
How would this ending help them write out Majors? Loki destroyed the loom, which allows the Kang variants to run amok and start their multiversal war.

I mean, it’s Disney. They could write Majors out in a million different ways and still make billions. I just don’t see how people think this ending would make that easier in any way.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:42 PM 11-11-2023
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
I watched the last episode last night. This was my first thought as it was wrapping up too. Pretty dang good, especially if they did rewrite it to possibly eliminate HWR's if needed.

I agree with someone earlier who said Majors seems to be a very good actor. I don't know a lot about his legal troubles. I guess we'll see how they play out.

It felt like that may wrap up the Loki series then which is too bad as it's been very enjoyable.
I think he's a great actor so it would be unfortunate to lose him from the saga. But if he gets convicted of something, you'd have to think he's gone.

And I think at least this variant Loki's story is almost certainly done. It's too bad because it's might be the best thing the MCU has done this decade, but it is always better to go out on a high than dragging something out unnecessarily.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 04:43 PM 11-11-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
How would this ending help them write out Majors? Loki destroyed the loom, which allows the Kang variants to run amok and start their multiversal war.

I mean, it’s Disney. They could write Majors out in a million different ways and still make billions. I just don’t see how people think this ending would make that easier in any way.
Kang is like the easiest character to actor swap. Just have another actor be Kang and say they are a variant.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 28
« First < 162223242526 2728 >
Up