ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 28
« First < 152122232425 262728 >
Media Center>Loki Trailer
Tribal Warfare 04:33 AM 12-11-2020

[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:38 AM 11-01-2023
Feels like Miss Minutes has to be the most evil villain in the entire MCU at this point.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:23 AM 11-01-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Yeah, he did well as Victor Timely.

Did you ever watch Quantumania? How was he in that?
Eh his perfomance as Timely in this series was kind of cringe. The stuttering was annoying, and felt more like a Simple Jack.

But he was good in Quantamania, and Loki S1. I just think some of these variants are going to be cringe/annoying.

I'm enjoying S2 so far though.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 01:45 PM 11-01-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Eh his perfomance as Timely in this series was kind of cringe. The stuttering was annoying, and felt more like a Simple Jack.

But he was good in Quantamania, and Loki S1. I just think some of these variants are going to be cringe/annoying.

He was good in Creed 3 as well.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:13 PM 11-01-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:

I have a bit of an odd theory about them making him a little goofy. It comes back to stunt casting.

I don't know much (anything) about the comic book arcs, but I'd bet any amount of money that it ain't a black guy in the comic books, right? No worries - they didn't focus on him being black as a character trait or anything.

Buuuuuuut...now you have a brilliant scientist in the 1800s who's, I guess, generally accepted? I mean he's out there in public giving these presentations. He seems respected if a bit goofy.

So how do you sell this character as being able to exist in this time period without completely suspending all disbelief? Well - you make him non-threatening. And you make him a little goofy so that people aren't exactly thinking about him as being out of place in that era.

I mean you can't exactly have him playing Damian Anderson. You can't have him playing He Who Remains. Because lets be honest here, that guy gets lynched in 18XX.

I dunno - it's hairbrained and a bit out there. I don't even know if I put much stock in it. But I'm not sure what purpose the character choice served.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 08:21 PM 11-02-2023
Just finished tonight’s episode - here is what I’m trying to wrap my mind around…

WTF is Marvel/Disney doing with all of these other shows not named WandaVision? I mean, Hawkeye wasn’t bad, but it was nothing special, a passing of the torch story. Falcon and the Winter Soldier had great potential but was ultimately a waste. MoonKnight fizzled out pretty quick. She Hulk, eh, maybe I’ll give it a pass because the very origin of how that story came to be in the comics means it should never be taken serious, but that begs the question: why spend the money on a series? Ms Marvel I’ve not watched and not planning to from the reviews I’ve read on it here. Secret Invasion was a dud.

So the question is: was all the big money for writing spent on WandaVision and Loki? Are those the only two shows that anyone at M/D cares about? Loki took a very solid first season and to this point is absolutely killing it in the second. It just obvious that while these two series are part of advancing a larger story like the other series, they are doing so with serious thought and care. I just don’t understand how you take two series and throw all kind of TLC into them and sleepwalk through all the others. And maybe that is not by design, maybe those in charge of those other stories had a vision that they thought fit the world created to this point and were just mistaken. I don’t know. What I do know is that the difference in storytelling between WV and Loki and all the others is a night and day difference.

Also, as a heads up, I started typing this out as the credits started rolling, and as I am busy putting my thoughts to digital paper I let them run all the way through, past all of the foreign language credits to the VERY end… there is a short end of credit audio piece within the last 10-15 seconds or so. It made no sense to me but, it is there. Frankly it frustrates me, because now I feel like I need to go back and check the very end credits of all the other various Marvel series episodes.
[Reply]
UteChief 09:42 PM 11-02-2023
To Raiderhater: I’m wondering if they sleep walked through the other series just to get content on their streaming platform. I do think there has been a change to quality over quantity based upon changes made to the Daredevil Reborn showrunners. Only time will tell.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:47 PM 11-02-2023
Originally Posted by UteChief:
To Raiderhater: I’m wondering if they sleep walked through the other series just to get content on their streaming platform. I do think there has been a change to quality over quantity based upon changes made to the Daredevil Reborn showrunners. Only time will tell.
Apparently they just got a script and directors with no showrunners or show bible to make sure the shows were internally consistent.
[Reply]
KingPriest2 10:37 PM 11-02-2023
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Apparently they just got a script and directors with no showrunners or show bible to make sure the shows were internally consistent.
This might shed light on the issues

https://variety.com/2023/film/featur...ng-1235774940/
[Reply]
KingPriest2 10:39 PM 11-02-2023
Originally Posted by UteChief:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XCIdBhWl_I0

Might shed light
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:24 PM 11-02-2023
Tonight's episode was easily the best of the season. Also the first one in S2 that really got back into the story that S1 was telling about Loki's self growth/development as a character (which is what grounded this show from the beginning).
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 03:14 AM 11-03-2023
I wonder if the finale is already long (like well over an hour)? Because I feel like tonight’s episode should have just been part of the finale. To me, it just felt like a filler/set up episode so they could get to the full allotment of 6. Don’t get me wrong, I still enjoyed it though.
[Reply]
KingPriest2 04:55 PM 11-04-2023
Loki God of Stories

I predict Loki sacrifices himself and then become Loki God of Stories Where he can manipulate time
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 03:27 PM 11-09-2023
Finale is tonight! Gotta wonder if this is the series finale or if we'll get a season 3. Also wondering if Kang the Conqueror makes an appearance.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:06 PM 11-09-2023
Finale? I had built up my head canon to believe the show was going through the end of the month.....

Getting old sucks, lol
[Reply]
Bowser 09:16 PM 11-09-2023
So.........yeah

I have questions
[Reply]
Page 25 of 28
« First < 152122232425 262728 >
Up