ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 52 of 94
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>UPDATE: Ford to 49ers for a 2020 2nd round pick. Official.
Dante84 06:19 PM 03-12-2019

More trade news: The #Chiefs are deep in talks with the #49ers on a trade for star pass-rusher Dee Ford, sources say. Things have escalated and this could get done by the end of the night. Ford needs to work out a new contract with SF, which is a big piece of this.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

The trade is essentially agreed to — Ford for a 2020 2nd round pick. That assumes the #49ers get a deal done with Ford. https://t.co/g4tYK2tWFh

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

[Reply]
MahiMike 07:56 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
2020 2nd. The ****?
Will the NFL exist next year? I'm ok with this. Why are people so short-sighted?
[Reply]
MahiMike 08:00 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Clelin Ferrell, Montez Sweat, or if they really move up ... Rashan Gary... all fit better in what we expect this scheme to be.

Better size/strength profiles. More versatile. Should be better against the run. Like them all.
Rashan Gary is the stud of this draft. Would be a helluva move there...
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 08:00 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) So your point is you don't meet Chiefs fans in real life....... while posting on an internet message board. Yeah, alright then.
Not sure of your point, but I am certain you're not as smart as you think you are...
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:02 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
Will the NFL exist next year? I'm ok with this. Why are people so short-sighted?
I think the point people are making is that we were literally one Dee Ford step away from a super bowl. We have two more years with Mahomes dirt cheap. I'm fine getting rid of Dee Ford, but why not bring in someone who can contribute the next two years of that window instead of one. Of course with Mahomes that window stays open, but now is the prime time to strike. We already lost one year because Reid started a rebuild on the wrong DC. Now we lose two marquee players and get no immediate picks back.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:02 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Dee Ford playing the run.

:-)
[Reply]
MahiMike 08:03 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Yes, that's me. You're so smart. It still doesn't change the fact that Veach sucks at trading.

If we wanted ammo to move up then the 49ers 2nd round pick this year would have been perfect. Too bad, so sad.
He was playing Packers/Niners against ea other. Once the Packers went w/2TWO different guys, there was little choice left. I'm happy w/a 2nd rounder for a guy we didn't want to pay.
[Reply]
MahiMike 08:03 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Montez Sweat seems to be the target if it's a 1st round passrusher if you go by the interviews at the combine
Bust.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 08:05 AM 03-13-2019
Im sorry but outside of Bosa and Allen I really want Clelin Ferrel
[Reply]
tmax63 08:07 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Chief_N_Bama:
Imagine last years defense with no pass rush...
That's the AFCCG wasn't it??????????
[Reply]
MahiMike 08:07 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by cdcox:
I get that the braintrust is trying to balance talent on the field vs future financial liability. In these categories I think Badger vs Houston is likely a wash. Maybe a slightly better financial situation for a slightly worse talent situation. Letting go of Ford is great on the balance sheet but is the loss of our biggest difference maker on defense — it is unrealistic to think we will come close to replacing his productivity, even accounting for his average play against the run. Nelson was marginal, but will cost resources to replace — the names floated, other than Patrick Peterson, are essentially breaking even in the talent department at corner. Right now — even accounting for the fact this isn’t the final product — it seems quite likely that the talent on defense will be worse than last year.

Which brings up the Spags tax. Switching from the 3-4 to the 4-3 seems to have caused us to become worse just from the fact that a couple of our star players no longer fit the scheme. Perhaps getting a DC who was comfortable with the 3-4 deserved consideration given the significant talent in the front 5. We were a few pieces away from a mediocre defense. We are now a few pices and a star player away.

Yet several people are dancing in the streets as if we just canned Pioli.
31st ranked defense last year will do that.
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 08:08 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
inbred, and poor education system

But what about football? Think we know our football? Since... that is the subject after all...

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/se...t-nfl-players/

https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...ulation-capita

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/a...onship-history
[Reply]
O.city 08:08 AM 03-13-2019
So in a year the Chiefs feel they are really super bowl contenders, you guys want them to rely on rookie pass rushers?

A rookie pass rusher that's not going to be drafted in the top 5 where the guys drafted contribute immediately, but a guy taken at 29?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:08 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Chief_N_Bama:
The comp pick for Ford would be end of the third round in 2021. Basically a 4th. Which equates to 5th round value in next year’s 2020 draft. That’s a large difference in value.

Well, while you are using some fuzzy math, I will admit that the value of the picks is more than what I previously implied. Still the value of EDGE>SS makes that worth it.

What I think you’re missing is that Ford clearly doesn’t mesh well with what Spagnuolo wants to do, or he would have been retained. That the money spent on Ford can be spread around on other players who do fit and who are complete players in this system.

Oh, I get that he isn't the perfect "fit" but neither does Mathieu. And it's easier to replace Mathieu at our draft position than it is to replace 80 something QB pressures.

Tying up money on ages 28-32 seasons of a guy who has been healthy and productive 40 percent of the time from 23-27 and who is a complete liability against the run is dangerous, too, regardless of position.

When have I advocated for giving Ford a long term deal? We had him on a 1 year rental, that was relatively cheap when you consider we just paid a FREAKING STRONG SAFETY $14MM PER!!!!

It’s not fuzzy math to say a pick in the mid-second in 2020 (~45-50) is much more value than a pick in the 97-100 range in 2021.

Picks in the next year translate “down” a round in value compared to picks in the current year.

So a second in 2020 = a third in 2019. When you’re talking a compensatory third in 2021, you’re really talking about a fourth round pick in 2021, because the third round is over.

Which equates to a 5th in 2020.

Mathieu isn’t “just” a SS. He can be used in as a slot CB and in deep coverage. He’s versatile and can be used unpredictably, which adds a different flavor to things.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:11 AM 03-13-2019
Rashan Gary is the stud of this draft. Would be a helluva move there...
Great talent but lazy. He's Sheldon Richardson.
[Reply]
TEX 08:12 AM 03-13-2019
Not really short-sided. IMO, I 'd much rather have a pick now. I like future picks is if a player or pick is gained now, and the future pick is additional.

Also, the Chiefs are getting rid of 2/3 of their league -leading pass rush, for what amounts to be salary saving and a mere 3rd round pick next season.
[Reply]
Page 52 of 94
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662 > Last »
Up