ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 270 of 301
« First < 170220260266267268269270 271272273274280 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:08 AM 10-25-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
He is the exact opposite. He also plays vets in front of more talented young players. Even if the vet is in his first year with the club. It was very frustrating as a fan to have an obviously more talented young player on the bench while a vet hitting .220 played. Just because the vet had earned his AB's over his career. But, if a young player got a chance, the first 0-4 night they had, back on the bench.

Sounds awful.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:10 AM 10-25-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
He is the exact opposite. He also plays vets in front of more talented young players. Even if the vet is in his first year with the club. It was very frustrating as a fan to have an obviously more talented young player on the bench while a vet hitting .220 played. Just because the vet had earned his AB's over his career. But, if a young player got a chance, the first 0-4 night they had, back on the bench.
Isn't this the guy that it was bad enough with that the GM had to trade Allen Craig so Matheny couldn't play him?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:39 AM 10-25-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
I don’t get the analogy. Everyone’s seen Bob Sutton, could supposedly make an assessment. I’ve never watched the Cards and don’t have any assessment to make on Matheny. And, I suspect, neither do the posters here.

Here’s one truism KC folks need to all agree on: trusting the BFIBS on anything is a risky scheme. A long con. A Ponzi, a parlor trick, a charade, a shell game, a 3-card monte, racket, rip off, ploy, sleight of hand, hoax, a fake, a forgery.
Same guy that insisted the Royals had hired a good one with Yost and that the Royals got themselves a younger version of Nelson Cruz when they acquired Soler.

I mean, you're welcome to say "I know nothing about X because I didn't observe it" and then ignore the people that did if you'd like. But ask the Cubs fans how that went with Jason Heyward.

Some of us know shit.

At best, Mike Matheny will be an irrelevant footnote in the history of the Royals - Sherman's excuse to broom the whole management team in a couple of years. At worst, he'll stick around 4-5 years and ruin some of the better young arms y'all have produced in 25 years.

But hey - keep whistling past the graveyard, chief.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:43 AM 10-25-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Isn't this the guy that it was bad enough with that the GM had to trade Allen Craig so Matheny couldn't play him?

This is accurate.

And Craig was out of baseball within a year or so of the trade.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 06:37 PM 10-25-2019
Great 5 year retrospective interview with Jersh about the decision to hold Gordo. Love that his barber asked him the next day if he “saw the game” the night before.

https://www.mlb.com/news/mike-jirsch...eries-decision

Also - is Luhnow about to cause the Astros to implode for no reason? After the Stros accused the reporter of fabricating what the assistant GM said, Luhnow refused to retract the original statement in a conversation with her today.
[Reply]
Why Not? 06:52 PM 10-25-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Great 5 year retrospective interview with Jersh about the decision to hold Gordo. Love that his barber asked him the next day if he “saw the game” the night before.

https://www.mlb.com/news/mike-jirsch...eries-decision

Also - is Luhnow about to cause the Astros to implode for no reason? After the Stros accused the reporter of fabricating what the assistant GM said, Luhnow refused to retract the original statement in a conversation with her today.
Great read. Thanks. It was always the right decision. Force a throw is something you do in your beer league softball game. Not in game 7 of the WS.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 09:57 AM 10-26-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Damn, had to trade a shit player so the manager wouldn't play his sorry ass every day?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:27 AM 10-26-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Same guy that insisted the Royals had hired a good one with Yost and that the Royals got themselves a younger version of Nelson Cruz when they acquired Soler.

I mean, you're welcome to say "I know nothing about X because I didn't observe it" and then ignore the people that did if you'd like. But ask the Cubs fans how that went with Jason Heyward.

Some of us know shit.

At best, Mike Matheny will be an irrelevant footnote in the history of the Royals - Sherman's excuse to broom the whole management team in a couple of years. At worst, he'll stick around 4-5 years and ruin some of the better young arms y'all have produced in 25 years.

But hey - keep whistling past the graveyard, chief.

I have 100% confidence you know more about Matheny than I do. Since my knowledge is 0.
[Reply]
tk13 10:54 AM 10-26-2019
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Great read. Thanks. It was always the right decision. Force a throw is something you do in your beer league softball game. Not in game 7 of the WS.
Particularly against a Gold Glove winning SS with a big arm. I feel like that part gets left out of it. I'm sure if you try that play 100 times there would be some off line throws, especially with a weaker SS, but that was one of the last guys you'd probably want to try that against.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:28 PM 10-26-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Going on the record, this is my main concern on Matheny too.

I was hard on Yost, but it was for the reasons that Brewers fans outlined to us when we hired him. Basically, he was bad at bullpen management and was crusty af.

We want the next manager to be able to develop young players - which is something Yost was praised for by Brewers fans. Matheny seems absolutely terrible at this, both from the mental and physical development of his young players. This is very concerning to me.
Yost was great with young players but he had an annoying habit of playing all sorts of burnout vets who had no business in the majors. You know all the names. I could never figure out if it was him or Dayton deciding that
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:08 PM 10-26-2019

There a lot of ballparks that offer more modern amenities, but there is still plenty to cherish about this yard. Obviously, the fountains in the outfield offer perhaps the most beautiful backdrop in the majors. The huge crown scoreboard/video board is also unique, and the immaculate playing surface rates high.

https://newarena.com/mlb/ranking-eve...?amxt=ntv_402b
[Reply]
PHOG 06:20 PM 10-26-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:

There a lot of ballparks that offer more modern amenities, but there is still plenty to cherish about this yard. Obviously, the fountains in the outfield offer perhaps the most beautiful backdrop in the majors. The huge crown scoreboard/video board is also unique, and the immaculate playing surface rates high.

https://newarena.com/mlb/ranking-eve...?amxt=ntv_402b
And every once in a while, by golly, we have good teams too. :-)
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:48 AM 10-31-2019
It’s official. Matheny is the hire.

Guess we’ll get to see if John Sherman is crazy like a fox.
[Reply]
blake5676 08:50 AM 10-31-2019

Per league source, the #Royals have hired Mike Matheny as their next manager. A press conference to introduce Matheny could happen today.

— Jeffrey Flanagan (@FlannyMLB) October 31, 2019

UGH.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:52 AM 10-31-2019
Ugh....

I wonder if this is him giving Moore enough rope to hang himself.
[Reply]
Page 270 of 301
« First < 170220260266267268269270 271272273274280 > Last »
Up