ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>KC Sports Mount Rushmore?
suzzer99 10:14 AM 04-30-2024
Yeah it's the offseason and I'm bored, probably Q. I think this exercise is pretty easy if you exclude active players:

But when Mahomes becomes eligible, who does he push off? I guess once you get to the point where more people never saw them play than did, they're going to fall off. But rings last forever of course, so it's really hard to push Dawson off.

I guess it's Tom Watson then, but man he was a lot of fun if you're old enough to remember. And the guy was really active in KC, not like he's just from here and that's it. I'm still not over the 2009 British Open. Only the Royals, Chiefs and Tom Watson can make me hurt that bad.

And then does Kelce push someone off? This is hard.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:05 PM 04-30-2024
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I almost think it should be limited to one per sport, except for football since Chiefs football is indelible to the Chiefs community.

So I think Dawson or Thomas goes.

Painful, of course, but that's what Rushmores are about.
Would have to be Thomas that was knocked off as much as it pains me to say that. He was my favorite player growing up and still is in my Top 3-5. But Len made KC relevant in a time when the AFL was viewed as an inferior product. Plus he led this team to two SBs while winning one. Not blaming Thomas for not doing so, but his impact on KC and the Chiefs is less.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:06 PM 04-30-2024
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
I would build 3 KC Mount Rushmore's...one for Football, one for Baseball, then one.for all other sports.

Football

Len Dawson
Hank Stran
Andy Reid
Patrick Mahomes

Baseball

George Brett
Dick Howser
Salvador Perez
TBD

Other Sports

Tom Watson
Harley Race
No Kelce?
[Reply]
ThrobProng 12:07 PM 04-30-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Golfer? :-) It's not a sport
It sure isn't. It belongs in the same category as darts, billiards, and cornhole.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:12 PM 04-30-2024
Tom Watson :-)
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 12:17 PM 04-30-2024
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Would have to be Thomas that was knocked off as much as it pains me to say that. He was my favorite player growing up and still is in my Top 3-5. But Len made KC relevant in a time when the AFL was viewed as an inferior product. Plus he led this team to two SBs while winning one. Not blaming Thomas for not doing so, but his impact on KC and the Chiefs is less.
Well, he fathered more children than Robert Baratheon.
[Reply]
myselff77 12:24 PM 04-30-2024
DT easily falls off the list the day Mahomes retires.
I think Salvy is the only other possible contender in the upcoming future. Let's assume he remains a Royal for his career, plays 6 more years relatively healthy & productive, and somehow gets a 2nd World Series (all these are a BIG hypothetical). If he somehow does that, I imagine he will own much of the Royals record book. Would those additional accomplishments put him on the KC Rushmore, and if so, taking off Dawson at that point?
[Reply]
jettio 12:25 PM 04-30-2024
I want to be on the Mount Rushmore of folks that think that talking about sports Mount Rushmores is the stupidest lamest waste of time time filling sports talk bullshit anywhere ever.
[Reply]
loochy 12:30 PM 04-30-2024
Originally Posted by jettio:
I want to be on the Mount Rushmore of folks that think that talking about sports Mount Rushmores is the stupidest lamest waste of time time filling sports talk bullshit anywhere ever.

Ok, then let's talk about Rashee Rice's inevitable 10 years in prison, quote Texas law, and virtue signal about what great people we are and how terrible of a person Rashee is.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 12:30 PM 04-30-2024
What about Lamar and Ewing???
Not sure if those count for this discussion, but if so, they would be ahead of all others.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:31 PM 04-30-2024
Originally Posted by jettio:
Done. You, Billay, Deberg and Mahomo.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:32 PM 04-30-2024
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
What about Lamar and Ewing???
Not sure if those count for this discussion, but if so, they would be ahead of all others.
Owners already have enough perks. They don't count. Neither do coaches. That's the rules I just made up. The good news is Scott Olberding is still eligible.
[Reply]
Pennywise 12:49 PM 04-30-2024
There is no Mount Rushmore of any athletes without Bo Jackson.
[Reply]
loochy 12:56 PM 04-30-2024
Originally Posted by Pennywise:

Boy, KC sure has had it's share of "flash in the pan" superstars

Bo, Priest, Okoye
[Reply]
BWillie 01:05 PM 04-30-2024
Originally Posted by Pennywise:
One of the most overrated athletes in Kansas City history
[Reply]
DJJasonp 01:06 PM 04-30-2024
We should have an overhyped KC Rushmore.

Ryan sims, Todd black ledge, angel berroa, bob hamelin.

Honorary member: Phil ford.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up