ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 410 of 460
« First < 310360400406407408409410 411412413414420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 12:37 PM 07-14-2022
Really though, I love St. Andrews. It seems like it should be an easy course, but it's anything but. It's #1 on my list of courses I wish I could play.
[Reply]
Kman34 12:40 PM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Its like a child created the architecture of the course. Tee boxes literally right next to greens. They just threw greens and edges of fairways by shit cuz they didnt know what else to do back then. Just a horrible horrible course. I'd rather play the local muni.
Birthplace of golf. The best golfers ever, have played it from way back in the 15th century. I think it will be alright without your green fee..
[Reply]
BWillie 12:41 PM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Birthplace of golf. The best golfers ever, have played it from way back in the 15th century. I think it will be alright without your green fee..
Just because its old doesn't make it good.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 01:23 PM 07-14-2022
Its like a child created the architecture of the course. Tee boxes literally right next to greens. They just threw greens and edges of fairways by shit cuz they didnt know what else to do back then. Just a horrible horrible course. I'd rather play the local muni.
nothing man made was done perfectly the first time
[Reply]
Monticore 01:23 PM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Really though, I love St. Andrews. It seems like it should be an easy course, but it's anything but. It's #1 on my list of courses I wish I could play.
I played the nicklaus copy in Florida it’s definitely tricky for an amateur.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:31 PM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I played the nicklaus copy in Florida it’s definitely tricky for an amateur.
Yea it would be an easy course to copy because its a barren wasteland, flat, and you dont have to water it
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 01:44 PM 07-14-2022
Not a fan of British courses outside of very few exceptions. These courses are too easy for modern golfers.

Also, they look like shiite on TV and don't even take advantage of the beautiful seaside. Too few British courses utilize holes along the coast like you'd have at Pebble Beach or Pacific Dunes. Yet all the British Open courses are along the coast. Total waste.

If I could play any course there, it would be Royal Dornoch or Turnberry Ailsa. Maybe even Carnoustie for the challenge. St. Andrews has four or five unique holes but the rest are pretty bland.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:04 PM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
Not a fan of British courses outside of very few exceptions. These courses are too easy for modern golfers.

Also, they look like shiite on TV and don't even take advantage of the beautiful seaside. Too few British courses utilize holes along the coast like you'd have at Pebble Beach or Pacific Dunes. Yet all the British Open courses are along the coast. Total waste.

If I could play any course there, it would be Royal Dornoch or Turnberry Ailsa. Maybe even Carnoustie for the challenge. St. Andrews has four or five unique holes but the rest are pretty bland.
They should play the British Open at Bandon Dunes or Whistling Straights haha
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 02:05 PM 07-14-2022
Homa misses a 50+ foot eagle on 18 by a couple inches.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:31 PM 07-14-2022
Willie doesn't care about st. Andrew's because the equipment and the altheticism has overcome the game.

Back in the 50's - 70's they didn't have the clubs, balls, etc that they do now.

The course hasn't changed much, the equipment has. Booming drives 350 compared to back then. The hazards are still there tho. When they can drive over bunkers it makes a major difference.

Greens these days are made for said equipment and the ability to control the ball. Spin. The old days didn't.

So yes, st Andrew's isn't what it was back in the day, compared to what golf is now.

It's still historic and cherished to watch for me.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:34 PM 07-14-2022
I will add, a driving rain and 30 mph wind that we aren't seeing that sometimes we do aren't a factor for this open.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 03:22 PM 07-15-2022
St. Andrews used to be 11 holes out and 11 holes back in and some of the holes shared a green. But originally it was 22 holes. It is one of the greatest golf courses on the planet. And it's a park on Sundays except during The Open.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:52 PM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
St. Andrews used to be 11 holes out and 11 holes back in and some of the holes shared a green. But originally it was 22 holes. It is one of the greatest golf courses on the planet. And it's a park on Sundays except during The Open.
If an unbiased person who had never heard of the history or any prestige brainwashed into them played say St Andrews and another links style course like Bandon Dunes. They would think Bandon Dunes is 20 times better. Just because something is old, doesn't make it better. Its a complete farce this shithole serves a major championship.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 09:18 AM 07-16-2022
If an unbiased person who had never heard of the history or any prestige brainwashed into them played say St Andrews and another links style course like Bandon Dunes. They would think Bandon Dunes is 20 times better. Just because something is old, doesn't make it better. Its a complete farce this shithole serves a major championship.
You might be right. St. Andrews is imbued with greatness. It is the birthplace of the game. It is a hooligans game played by gentleman Thus, we pay homage.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 11:28 AM 07-16-2022
This goat ranch course is no place for a major.
[Reply]
Page 410 of 460
« First < 310360400406407408409410 411412413414420 > Last »
Up