ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 705 of 3903
« First < 205605655695701702703704705 70670770870971575580512051705 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 07:18 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
if you think every thing is gonna be back to normal by easter I got some prime real estate in Florida I'd like to sell you go chiefs.
I think it is going to depend on the location. New York and NJ certainly won't be but a lot of areas in the country might be doing good enough to ease some restrictions. Dr Fauci hinted at that today when asked about Trumps Easter date and if anyone knows what he is talking about it is him.

Still going to be a wait and see approach. A lot depends on how next couple weeks go, obviously.
[Reply]
stumppy 07:18 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
"the worst is over"
Good thing around here pretty much everyone knows better than to pay attention to Meat Peeker.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 07:21 PM 03-24-2020
In the past 3 days (counting today) the USA has added:

~ 29 236 confirmed cases (~10k per day).
~ 394‬ confirmed deaths (~ 130 per day).

So, yeah things are looking awful there. If the rates keeps increasing like this, the ICU's will reach their breaking point pretty soon and the number of deaths will without a doubt explode.

South is a ticking time bomb.

numbers gonna explode
So in my post yesterday I predicted, based on the lag in infection to hospitalization to death, that we’d have 216 deaths today.

We had 206.

This proves out an overall death rate of approximately 12%-13% of REPORTED infections.

Tomorrow will be approximately 342.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:21 PM 03-24-2020
Like most public officials he is confusing ventilators and Respirators. What they are producing is something similar to the N 95 mask. Ventilators rolling off the assembly line are more in the 3/6 month range before they even start building.

BREAKING: @Ford plans to build respirators, ventilators & face shields in Michigan in partnership with the UAW, GE Healthcare & 3M. Some details:

-1,000 respirators per month, using F-150 seat fans, portable battery packs & 3D printed parts

-100,000 face shields per week

— Michael Martinez (@MikeMartinez_AN) March 24, 2020

[Reply]
RINGLEADER 07:23 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I think it is going to depend on the location. New York and NJ certainly won't be but a lot of areas in the country might be doing good enough to ease some restrictions. Dr Fauci hinted at that today when asked about Trumps Easter date and if anyone knows what he is talking about it is him.

Still going to be a wait and see approach. A lot depends on how next couple weeks go obviously.
I want this to be true but the data doesn’t support it. Cases in NYC are rising at a slower rate in the day over day numbers but appear to be on a trajectory that will soon accelerate according to the state. California cases have tripled in two days.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 07:25 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:

Still going to be a wait and see approach. A lot depends on how next couple weeks go, obviously.
What I can’t figure out is what the US is going to do when all these little numbers everywhere start multiplying.

I think they are taking this far too slowly and it’s going to take so many more weeks and lives to correct it once it takes hold.

At some point I still think we need a full shutdown for a least a few weeks.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:25 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
"the worst is over"
Bring on the Easter celebrations!:-)
[Reply]
loochy 07:27 PM 03-24-2020
if you think every thing is gonna be back to normal by easter I got some prime real estate in Florida I'd like to sell you go chiefs.
I know, right? Hell, we're all going to be dead by then
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 07:29 PM 03-24-2020
What I can’t figure out is what the US is going to do when all these little numbers everywhere start multiplying.

I think they are taking this far too slowly and it’s going to take so many more weeks and lives to correct it once it takes hold.

Absent some other event that would interrupt the current rate of infection/spread this is true. We need to lock down for a month and completely restrict movement from city to city. The math needs a few more days to be borne out but if nothing changes we’re looking at approximately 3,800 deaths in the next week in the US.

The week after, if the growth continues at the current pace, there will be 20,000 more people dead.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 07:35 PM 03-24-2020

You may be able to afford that, but around half the country cannot. We can’t just shut the whole country down because you’re running low on your anxiety medicine. People have been dying in large numbers from invisible viruses since the beginning of time. Welcome to the world.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:37 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Absent some other event that would interrupt the current rate of infection/spread this is true. We need to lock down for a month and completely restrict movement from city to city. The math needs a few more days to be borne out but if nothing changes we’re looking at approximately 3,800 deaths in the next week in the US.

The week after, if the growth continues at the current pace, there will be 20,000 more people dead.
You 2 need to get a room and get the fuck out.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:38 PM 03-24-2020
In the past 3 days (counting today) the USA has added:

~ 29 236 confirmed cases (~10k per day).
~ 394‬ confirmed deaths (~ 130 per day).

So, yeah things are looking awful there. If the rates keeps increasing like this, the ICU's will reach their breaking point pretty soon and the number of deaths will without a doubt explode.

South is a ticking time bomb.

numbers gonna explode
We already knew this
[Reply]
TLO 07:38 PM 03-24-2020
Think China will send us some ventilators? Though the instructions might be in Chinese, so that could get confusing.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 07:39 PM 03-24-2020

#CoronaBriefing

-An 18 year old died from the coronavirus in LA County on Tuesday, becoming one of the youngest victims in the United States

— Daniel Huynh COVID-19 Updates (@DanielHuynhNews) March 24, 2020

[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 07:39 PM 03-24-2020

I agree with you that as far as limiting the damage this virus does lives wise that's definitely the right solution but like another poster said many Americans just can't afford that. They won't be able to pay their bills and could end up homeless.

It's a tough situation. Hopefully there is some type of middle ground that will work.
[Reply]
Page 705 of 3903
« First < 205605655695701702703704705 70670770870971575580512051705 > Last »
Up