ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
The Marty Lounge>-- Taco Bell coming out with new chicken sandwich taco
carcosa 12:12 AM 02-23-2021
Holy shit this looks good as hell can't wait til it goes national

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/22/busin...aco/index.html

Yum!
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:25 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
For me, in a taco I just want fish for texture. Flaky and flavorless should be the calling-card. Plenty of flavors from cabbage, crema, pico/salsa and coating.
Pretty much, with some sort of pepper and/or lime sauce and some slaw or whatever ... the fish can kinda become the perfect vehicle for everything else

Just talking about them is making me see some in my very near future...
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:01 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Does TB still have the chalupa/gordita distinction?
No. Gordita's are long gone.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:02 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
For me, in a taco I just want fish for texture. Flaky and flavorless should be the calling-card. Plenty of flavors from cabbage, crema, pico/salsa and coating.
In other words, you don't like fish. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:04 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Yep, tilapia is common in Mexico... thus perfectly authentic for any fish taco

While I prefer ocean fish for mine, tilapia does just fine same as any other fish so long as your seasonings and toppings are on point
It seems like a lot of people commenting here don't want to taste the fish. If that's the case, just hold the fish and get a tortilla with fixin's.

If I'm getting fish tacos, I want them to taste like fish. Of course, I grew up on wild caught fish. We even ate bullheads, which taste like mud.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:16 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It seems like a lot of people commenting here don't want to taste the fish. If that's the case, just hold the fish and get a tortilla with fixin's.

If I'm getting fish tacos, I want them to taste like fish. Of course, I grew up on wild caught fish. We even ate bullheads, which taste like mud.
Agreed, loves me some feesh and have since childhood... going trot lining with my grandparents all the time and having huge fish fries seen to that

Fried tilapia, bass, crappie, all cats, bluegill in a seasoned cornmeal/flour breading is a staple in my house
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:18 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Agreed, loves me some feesh and have since childhood... going trot lining with my grandparents all the time and having huge fish fries seen to that

Fried tilapia, bass, crappie, all cats, bluegill in a seasoned cornmeal/flour breading is a staple in my house
Yep.

And it's all about mood.

If I want mild, then there's always walleye. If I want fishy, there's catfish. Sometimes breaded and fried, sometimes grilled, pan-seared, whatever. Blackened even.

I also just love seafood in general - oysters on the half shell, clams, sushi. I've never minded something with a little extra flavor.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:19 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It seems like a lot of people commenting here don't want to taste the fish. If that's the case, just hold the fish and get a tortilla with fixin's.

If I'm getting fish tacos, I want them to taste like fish. Of course, I grew up on wild caught fish. We even ate bullheads, which taste like mud.
Yeah, I thought I explained it fairly clearly. And I think it's a pretty widespread sentiment.

It's not the flavor, it's the mild flaky light texture, along with the ability to take a coating that can be fried crispy.

If you don't think the texture is a big part of it, would you be interested in a catfish flavored lozenge, or maybe crawdad flavored taffy?

I bet canned cat food has tons of fishy flavor. :-)
[Reply]
CoMoChief 03:30 PM 02-24-2021
Looks disgusting lol.

Bring back the gordita. They can only make them if you ask them to "not fry" the chalupa shells, and I feel like an asshole requesting them to do that but that's about all I get at Taco Bell since high school.

And there was 0 reason to get rid of the mexican pizzas. RIP
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:33 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yep.

And it's all about mood.

If I want mild, then there's always walleye. If I want fishy, there's catfish. Sometimes breaded and fried, sometimes grilled, pan-seared, whatever. Blackened even.

I also just love seafood in general - oysters on the half shell, clams, sushi. I've never minded something with a little extra flavor.
You would love the giant tiger shrimp I used in some jambalaya a few days ago, their flavor is much stronger than your average skrimps
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:34 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Yeah, I thought I explained it fairly clearly. And I think it's a pretty widespread sentiment.

It's not the flavor, it's the mild flaky light texture, along with the ability to take a coating that can be fried crispy.

If you don't think the texture is a big part of it, would you be interested in a catfish flavored lozenge, or maybe crawdad flavored taffy?

I bet canned cat food has tons of fishy flavor. :-)
Certainly texture is part of it, just not ALL of it. I'm not going to eat crawfish taffy, unless it tastes like the brain. That's the best part of mudbugs, sucking out the salty nerve center. :-)

And for the record, fish-based canned cat food tastes pretty much just like canned tuna. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:34 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
You would love the giant tiger shrimp I used in some jambalaya a few days ago, their flavor is much stronger than your average skrimps
Sounds delicious.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:35 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
And for the record, fish-based canned cat food tastes pretty much just like canned tuna. :-)
:-) do tell...
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:39 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
:-) do tell...
Been through some rough times in a previous life bro. Done a lot of dumb shit.

And canned cat food is preferable to dog food, which truly tastes awful.

Fish-flavored is tolerable. Lamb, chicken, or beef? Not so much.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:41 PM 02-24-2021
And for the record, as a kid, we ate all kinds of shit. Raccoon, squirrel, various wild birds. One of my dad's favorite snacks was braunschweiger and crackers. I can handle a lot of pungent shit.
[Reply]
ptlyon 03:46 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
And for the record, as a kid, we ate all kinds of shit. Raccoon, squirrel, various wild birds. One of my dad's favorite snacks was braunschweiger and crackers. I can handle a lot of pungent shit.
F yes. Brought a braunschweiger and onion sandwich to work today.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up