ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 19
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do you own an Electric car or plan to buy one
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:14 PM 02-17-2021
I plan to get one in the future, what are your plans?

If so what are your pluses or minuses ?
[Reply]
backinblack 07:01 AM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
At some point, people are going to have to come to terms with the fact that the old idea of a sports car is more about noise and feeling than about performance. If that's what you're into, there's nothing wrong with that. It's a dying preference, though.

Out of curiosity, have those who are pining for the feel of a sports car ever ridden in a Tesla Model S or X? It's like being in a spaceship crossed with a roller coaster.
I'll freely admit that, but having a sports car isn't just about driving fast. And I don't think it's a dying preference, hot rod culture, whether you are into Mustangs and Camaros or things like Subaru STIs, is always going to be a thing, and not really a thing electric cars have proven they can replace.

And yes, I have driven a Tesla. Neat cars, but kind of a one trick pony. It's like a bottle rocket, it's neat, but can it do anything else? Part of the fun of something like my Mustang is just how stupid easy it is to break the rear end loose, or spin tires with little effort, or of course running through the manual gears as the car roars. Sure your Tesla is faster, but my car is more fun.

Then again aside from the old Roadster, there hasn't been a true blue sports car from Tesla yet, they are still sedans. They emphasize luxury and comfort, despite being able to still go fast. It's like the Cadillac CTS-V, performance luxury sedans.
[Reply]
Teak 07:53 AM 02-19-2021
I own a plug in 2017 Chrysler Pacifica. It gets 33 miles on its batteries. I have driven 70000 of the 110000 miles on batteries. And saved lots of money on gas as a result. I have had 3 oil changes as the van let me know. And no problem except the 'diode of death' very early on in the warranty period and the car at dealership 1 day. I have a 240 volt plug that recharges batteries in 2 hours. Having bought Tesla stock a few years ago, I sold enough to finance purchasing a model Y soon. I have put it off waiting to see if the tax credits will truly be re introduced.
[Reply]
JD10367 08:00 AM 02-19-2021
I would consider a hybrid as my next car. Electrics do have great acceleration thanks to all that torque being available at the flip of a switch but, as everyone says, until charging ports are outside every store and charging only takes a short time, it's not a feasible "only car". At least a hybrid gives you that ICE option so you'll be stranded thanks to a lack of electricity.

In my area a new Prius hybrid is under $30k but a Corolla hybrid is about $25k. A RAV is $27-30k. Hyundai Sonata and Honda Insight are around $25k... the prices for hybrids aren't so much higher than ICE that they're unreasonable. A full electric Nissan Leaf is $42-48k by comparison.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:27 AM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by Pablo:
The real thing I need to know is if it's an older, cool GTO, or one of those Mid 2000's Pontiac G6/Cobalt looking things.
Those are actually based on the Holden Monaro and they're pretty bad ass.
[Reply]
Teak 11:42 AM 02-19-2021
So if you choose a hybrid get a plug in hybrid and get a 240 volt 50 amp plug for charging at home. This is the way you can cut your fuel bill in half.
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 11:59 AM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by Teak:
So if you choose a hybrid get a plug in hybrid and get a 240 volt 50 amp plug for charging at home. This is the way you can cut your fuel bill in half.
Right now I drive an ICE company card, but I’d like a hybrid when I get to chose. I have friends with a hybrid RAV4 and it’s a great mix of usability, space, and economy.
[Reply]
Eureka 12:19 PM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
I'm not sure if he was trying to bash on those cars :-)

It fits the bill for what others here are trying to convey. Such as the feel of a sports car, shifting through gears, the noise etc.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:25 PM 02-19-2021
Waiting to buy a cybertruck like a real man.
[Reply]
007 08:46 AM 02-20-2021
Nope. I'll never be able to justify the insane up front cost of an EV.
[Reply]
loochy 09:22 AM 02-20-2021
Originally Posted by 007:
Nope. I'll never be able to justify the insane up front cost of an EV.
Yeah those $30k car prices are a real bitch
[Reply]
007 09:26 AM 02-20-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:

That's why I wait until the car is 5-7 years old to purchase as well as decent miles . I'll never buy a brand new car again.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:36 AM 02-20-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
At some point, people are going to have to come to terms with the fact that the old idea of a sports car is more about noise and feeling than about performance. If that's what you're into, there's nothing wrong with that. It's a dying preference, though.
:-)

total bullshit.

Know how I know you've never been in or driven a 400 hp automobile?

We get it. you're into it. go for it.

But don't sit here and pretend you get to decide what people need to come to terms with.

That's really arrogant.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:42 AM 02-20-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
i roomed with a guy who had a 5.7 2000's gto. It was loud
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:43 AM 02-20-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
30k these days is a pretty decent price.

Trucks and SUVs are going for 50-70k
[Reply]
loochy 10:45 AM 02-20-2021
Originally Posted by 007:
That's why I wait until the car is 5-7 years old to purchase as well as decent miles . I'll never buy a brand new car again.
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
30k these days is a pretty decent price.

Trucks and SUVs are going for 50-70k

That was sarcasm/joke

The prices are relatively in-line with normal vehicles unless you are trying to get a model S or a BMW i8 or something
[Reply]
Page 7 of 19
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up