ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 28
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Brady received 27 PI calls in 2020
BlackOp 04:15 PM 02-11-2021
Buccaneers were the beneficiary of 27 PI calls this 2020 season, Kansas City received 4.

No other team had more than 19 (Miami/Pittsburgh) and 28 teams had less than 15.

Buccaneers were the beneficiary of 12 PI last year with Winston throwing for over 5000 yards...

Brady's Bucs received 15 more PI calls than the same team did last season...and set an NFL record.

Brady had 12 more PI calls than 28 other teams....16 more than 21 teams. He was essentially getting twice the PI calls of nearly every other franchise...and 7 times the amount as Mahomes.

25 teams had 11 or less...

Numbers dont lie...only the media about Brady's "greatness"

Chiefs were called for 2 PIs in one quarter of the SB...they only had their opponents flagged 4 times all year.
[Reply]
GoChargers 12:23 AM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by TNTEICHER:
Mahomes
Rogers
Manning
Elway
Marino (yes I said it)
Montana
Young

Brady is the most accomplished, not best.
Don't forget Favre, Unitas, Graham, Starr... there's plenty of better quarterbacks than Brady. They just didn't get the ref help or the cheating scandals that Brady benefits from. Well, except for Peyton, but he canceled a lot of that help out by being one of the biggest playoff choke artists ever. At least Brady usually manages to avoid screwing up with all that help.
[Reply]
GoChargers 12:30 AM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
My question is, why on Earth would the NFL not want Mahomes to win that game? It just seems like common business sense.

Mahomes is the better player, he's the more spectacular player, he's much better theater. Brady is on his way out, he's old, won't be around more than a couple more years.

It's a no brainer for him to have him pass the torch to Mahomes in that Super Bowl. It gives the NFL another face as big as Brady for the next 15 years. The thrill of the "GOAT chase" would have made for enthralling storylines year after year.

Instead, the referees ensured that Mahomes never had a chance. They ended the GOAT debate before it even had a chance to begin. They erased potential storylines that would have carried the league for the forseeable future.

It just doesn't make any sense. We KNOW the game was unfairly officiated. The statistics are impossible to ignore. The question is "Why Brady?" when common business sense says you want Mahomes to win that game. The NFL had a big opportunity on Sunday Night and they made a very perplexing choice.
This is the same league who took a look at that tiny soccer stadium in Carson and still agreed with Dean Spanos that it was a better place to play than San Diego. Their decisions stopped making logical sense a while ago, they're all based on greed and complacency now.
[Reply]
xztop123 12:54 AM 02-13-2021
I think Brady has a good eye for attacking defenders who are out of position or are in a position to commit a penalty. With enough air under a ball you can get a defender to mistime his break on the wr thus creating an artificial pi

In order to contend this point we’d need to go through all 27 of his PI calls and count how many were not obvious.

The number of 50/50 calls is what we should be looking at.

It is possible that Brady is skilled at getting teams to interfere. There are ways to increase the likelihood
[Reply]
Giant Octopodes 01:16 AM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by TNTEICHER:
Mahomes
Rogers
Manning
Elway
Marino (yes I said it)
Montana
Young

Brady is the most accomplished, not best.
Your list shows you let the media do your thinking for you. Let's tackle them in turn.

Rodgers: Has never come back from a deficit against a team with a winning record. I think literally, ever. Get him in a hole vs a legitimate competitor and he folds like a cheap table. Not exactly who I'd want under center for my team.

Manning: Look, just because Eli won those two games doesn't make him one of the greatest QBs of all time. Yes, he has the head to head, but that doesn't matter, look at the overall career.

Elway: How can you as a Chiefs fan think the incredibly overrated Elway deserves a spot on this list? The guy had a career passer rating under 80. His TD:Int ratio was under 1.5. He was 7-7 in the playoffs before his final two years. And those two Super Bowls he won, basically the reason anyone remembers him at all? He had an average passer rating of 75, 1 TD, 2 Ints, and was carried to wins by his defense.

Marino: Far from being the "greatest thrower of the football ever", he not only had a lower passer rating than his contemporary Montana, he had a lower passer rating than Otto Graham, who played literally 30 years earlier under much less favorable offensive conditions. He went 8-10 in the playoffs. He accomplished absolutely nothing of note. He had multiple YEARS with a sub 80 passer rating. Competes with Elway for most overrated QB of all time, nothing more.

Montana: Hey, at least he's better than the last two. A great QB and proven winner. Never mind that Brady is like doubling up on him in most categories, or that "the catch" had no higher a degree of difficulty than either Gronk TD in the latest Super Bowl it just had lots of media fawning, there's tons of excuses to be made for him so if someone wants to argue someone with literally worse stats in every way is better than Brady cuz "Muh Nostalgia", I'm not going to argue against them.

Young: A fantastic, and often underrated player. Legitimately I respect him being on this list. Over 2:1 TD to Int ratio, highest career passer rating when he retired, a proven winner, great QB. Mobile, electric, multiple Super Bowl wins. Not as good as Brady but the best on this list imho.

Look, if you want to argue against Brady as the GOAT, do it right. Use the following ammo:

Otto Graham: Set records that would stand for DECADES. Sure, Brady might retire as the most yards, tds, top 2 Passer Rating among retired players, so on and so forth. But Otto Graham set records for passer rating which went untouched for 30 years, rather than being surpassed by players already active when he retired. He set records for championships and winning that weren't matched until Brady himself, half a century later. It's all well and good to be the best of your era, but to be the GOAT? You should be not just better than your peers but so far above them it takes decades for someone to come close.

Patrick Mahomes: If we want to say the best QB is the one with the highest passer rating, Mahomes is statistically and objectively a better thrower of the football at this time. Doesn't matter that he's played 3 years to Brady's 30, and has had his entire career in the most pass friendly rule structure the NFL has ever seen, he's setting records and setting new high water marks above all other current and retired NFL QBs.

With those two you'll at least have a valid argument rather than your gut feeling that "he's just not that good", a gut feeling which is proven wrong constantly in every conceivable way because it's just wrong. There are legit arguments to be made against Brady being the GOAT. But to say Elway was better? Just makes it sound like you don't know what you're talking about.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:15 AM 02-13-2021
Pretty sure he was referencing Peyton Manning, not Eli. Peyton was a far better QB than Brady ever has been. Maybe if he consistently got the help Brady has, he'd be on par in Super Bowl wins too. Instead, he was only gifted one.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:28 AM 02-13-2021
m
Instead, the referees ensured that Mahomes never had a chance.

We KNOW the game was unfairly officiated. The statistics are impossible to ignore. The question is "Why Brady?" when common business sense says you want Mahomes to win that game. The NFL had a big opportunity on Sunday Night and they made a very perplexing choice.
Oh, so you see how the NFL manipulates the outcomes to their games too?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:33 AM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
If we're going to buy into the notion that the NFL is rigged, then we should be skeptical of the Chiefs as well. They just so happened to have their worst game in over 3 years, in the Super Bowl, while playing against a team they thrashed earlier in the year?

If the fix was in, the Chiefs were in on it.
Oh gee, ya really ****ing think so, Detective?

[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:42 AM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I try not to get too wrapped up in the officiating, but my god this is hard to ignore.

27-4. That’s just ****ing insane.

We see Kelce get mugged almost constantly. Twice in the Super Bowl he was tackled before catching the ball. For whatever reason, we aren’t getting the calls.

Mahomes and Reid should be working those refs more and more. Who gives a **** what opposing fans think? Sure it’s annoying, but apparently it works.
Apparently, you don't understand what is happening here...
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:45 AM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by stevegroganfan:
If Brady isn't close to best quarterback in NFL history, name 5 quarterbacks in NFL history better than him.
Joe Montana
Johnny Unitas
Patrick Mahomes
Bart Starr
Otto Graham

Easy.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:48 AM 02-13-2021
Here's the deal:

It's been a well established fact that the NFL Playoffs are officiated much more loosely than the regular season is.

Nobody wants to watch a flag fest determine the biggest games of the year, so the refs are instructed to only call "clear and obvious" penalties.

And then suddenly, in this particular game, the Chiefs get ambushed with the most first half penaties in SUPER BOWL HISTORY. Most of which not only were not "clear and obvious", but weren't even penalties at all. The referees essentially held Tom Brady's hand and led him down the field for two touchdown drives without Tom even having to break a sweat.

I don't know if the Chiefs win without the penalties (The O-Line may have done us in regardless), but what I do know is that either Cheffers' crew are the most incompetent officiating unit in league history, or somebody instructed them to make sure the Chiefs were flagged to kingdom come. Whether it was a miscalculated attempt to keep the game competitive, or just an outright rigging to ensure the Buccaneers won i'm not sure.

I REALLY don't want to believe the NFL is rigged
, it's my favorite sports league in the world. But the evidence is right there in my face. I'd be a fool to ignore it......
If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:54 AM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
This will never change no matter how much light is shown on it..,

Like it or not...the NFL is in bed with Vegas. They have their mainstream bobble heads discussing point spreads now...this is a new development.

The flexibility to change how a game is called on any given week/game allows them to control the spread.

They created their own cable channel and filled it with apologists....company men. It's pretty brilliant...they can do all kinds of suspect shit and have former players whitewash it away..especially when they either completely ignore it..or all act in agreement. It's literally a page out of state sponsored news.

Like Simms said.."If they called the NFCCG like they called the SB...the Packers would have won".

The thing is they only changed up how it was called for the Chiefs....hence the record amount of penalties in SB history. Bucs were still aggressive with Kelce..

And like throughout his bullshit career...Brady benefited from these changes...it didn't affect his team at all. Brady is always on the winning side when it comes to suspect officiating.

I outlined his past 4 CCG/SBs...and it reflects this fact.
Nailed it.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:58 AM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefRocka:
Asterisk franchise. Cheese money to the NFL.

NFL is theater, we were Hamilton last year!
Remember, Bob Kraft was on the board for CBS that brokered the deal for NFL on CBS...

There's a lot of TV money involved, and Bob Kraft helped make that happen for the league.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:01 AM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
It would also be nice to have an offensive linemen or two that would go up to Suh and defend Pat in that situation, rather than watching Andrew Wylie pick turf out of his ass from getting beaten like a drum every play.

You can bet your ass if Osemele was around he would have let Suh know that shit wasn't going to fly.
One of our d-lineman should've just powerbombed Brady, Kevin Nash-style.

Like "y'all want to play THAT game, eh? Bring in Blaine Fucking Gabbert, then..."
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 08:08 AM 02-13-2021
The Brady Witch has weaknesses. The servant toad spell got only surf toe. All is far from over
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:09 AM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by Giant Octopodes:

Montana: Hey, at least he's better than the last two. A great QB and proven winner. Never mind that Brady is like doubling up on him in most categories, or that "the catch" had no higher a degree of difficulty than either Gronk TD in the latest Super Bowl it just had lots of media fawning, there's tons of excuses to be made for him so if someone wants to argue someone with literally worse stats in every way is better than Brady cuz "Muh Nostalgia", I'm not going to argue against them.

Young: A fantastic, and often underrated player. Legitimately I respect him being on this list. Over 2:1 TD to Int ratio, highest career passer rating when he retired, a proven winner, great QB. Mobile, electric, multiple Super Bowl wins. Not as good as Brady but the best on this list imho.
1. Montana : 4-0 in Super Bowls...and did not throw a single interception in any of them. Absolute perfection. Injuries derailed his career, but he played during an era when QBs got the dogslobber knocked out of them. Tom wouldn't have played to 35 in that era, much less to 43.

2. Steve Young only has 1 Super Bowl victory that I recall. Maybe you're talking about someone else?
[Reply]
Page 11 of 28
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up