ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 313
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109159 > Last »
The Marty Lounge>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
staylor26 03:25 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Again, drafting an OT and assuming he'll step right in and start is exactly the same as making that assumption about Niang.

You're either okay with it or not.
Lol exactly.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:25 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Yarp. Or go after veteran brokedicks and pray they can hold it down.
They’re going to give Niang a shot, he’s going to start at tackle or guard at minimum.

But his talent suggests he could be a long term starter at tackle so if he’s your RT, unless you are planning to cut Fisher (which isn’t necessarily feasible right now), then what’s the plan other than a stopgap?

No point in drafting an OT in the first if Fisher and Niang are the long term plan.
[Reply]
Superturtle 03:25 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
As long as Niang has been working out and getting better, which we know he has, he’s nothing more than a redshirt coming in as a rookie. There’s no reason to think he forgot how to play football.
You'll have to excuse me if I'm not just pencilling in a guy coming off surgery to repair his hip, especially when we haven't gotten a chance to see how he's doing since he opted out.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:25 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I'll give you the cliff notes version. Sign Kelce or Linsley in FA, trade up to draft a cornerstone T prospect, and figure out the rest when you determine if Fisher can play to his usual standard.
Kelce is not going to be available. The Eagles are $40M over the projected cap and would eat $10M to cut or trade him.

Linsley is a possibility assuming they want to spend.

As for the draft, you just got done saying that relying on a guy that has never stepped foot in the building is a bad idea, but you want to spend multiple picks to get exactly that.

I'm sure you can understand how that doesn't make sense.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:26 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
So your solution is to rely on essentially 2 rookies?
As long as it's not Niang. He's already a Chief so he must suck.
[Reply]
Superturtle 03:27 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Kelce is not going to be available. The Eagles are $40M over the projected cap and would eat $10M to cut or trade him.

Linsley is a possibility assuming they want to spend.

As for the draft, you just got done saying that relying on a guy that has never stepped foot in the building is a bad idea, but you want to spend multiple picks to get exactly that.

I'm sure you can understand how that doesn't make sense.
Yeah, the difference is Niang is coming off surgery to his hip. You can't just assume he'll be the same player after that.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:27 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
They’re going to give Niang a shot, he’s going to start at tackle or guard at minimum.

But his talent suggests he could be a long term starter at tackle so if he’s your RT, unless you are planning to cut Fisher (which isn’t necessarily feasible right now), then what’s the plan other than a stopgap?

No point in drafting an OT in the first if Fisher and Niang are the long term plan.
And if you do that you’re also going to upgrade the interior. You already are upgrading RG going from Wylie to LDT.

Draft a couple of guys in the first 4 rounds, and you’re MUCH better off than you finished 2020.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:27 PM 02-12-2021
Fisher was the #1 overall pick. How many sacks did he give up year one?
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:27 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Yeah, the difference is Niang is coming off surgery to his hip. You can't just assume he'll be the same player after that.
That was nearly 2 years ago now.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:28 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Yeah, the difference is Niang is coming off surgery to his hip. You can't just assume he'll be the same player after that.
The entire point of redshirting was to give him even more time than necessary to get healthy to ensure he will be.

There’s no reason to think he isn’t healthy after all of this time.
[Reply]
Superturtle 03:29 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That was nearly 2 years ago now.
Exactly. He hasn't played football in nearly 2 years. Just assuming he'll come in and be the same player pre injury is insane. That's why he dropped in the first place.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:30 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I'll give you the cliff notes version. Sign Kelce or Linsley in FA, trade up to draft a cornerstone T prospect, and figure out the rest when you determine if Fisher can play to his usual standard.
What’s your plan for both guard spots and the RT spot?
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:32 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Exactly. He hasn't played football in nearly 2 years. Just assuming he'll come in and be the same player pre injury is insane. That's why he dropped in the first place.
Assuming any player that hasn't played a down in the NFL to come in and play at a high level is asking for trouble. You have to have multiple plans in place.

Remember how much the pundits hated that we took Fisher over Joeckel? How did that turn out?

Just throwing draft picks at the problem isn't guaranteed to fix anything but it certainly will hinder their ability to address other issues.

They have to be smart about this.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:33 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I don't WANT to play Rankin, Reiter, or Wylie. I just happen to think they will.

I'm honestly not opposed to what you've outlined, I don't think it's overspending.

The plan I'm not down with is trading a bunch of picks to trade up or drafting an OL just to draft an OL.
let me just ask this question:

When the defense ruined the team's chances at a Super Bowl in 2018, what did Veach and Reid do?

Do you really think they're not going to address this, when the offensive line cost the Chiefs a Super Bowl in 2020? Or just some duct-tape and a prayer?

I don't.
[Reply]
Superturtle 03:34 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
What’s your plan for both guard spots and the RT spot?
Allegreti and LDT to start at Gs. Out of necessity Niang plays RT although that makes me pretty nervous. If Fisher can come back and play in the season then Fisher takes his LT spot, the rookie goes to RT, and Niang moves inside. Allegreti is a replacement level player and LDT is kind of a broke dick so there'll be room for him.
[Reply]
Page 59 of 313
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109159 > Last »
Up