ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 15
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
The Marty Lounge>They are coming for the chop too
BigRedChief 06:16 PM 07-05-2020
The Kansas City Chiefs’ racist “Arrowhead Chop” has flown under the radar. Not anymore. The Kansas City Chiefs’ chant isn’t a tribute to people like me. It’s racist.

Rest of original post
Spoiler!

https://www.vox.com/first-person/202...fs-kansas-city


KC Star:
https://www.kansascity.com/sports/sp...244153762.html


Kansas City Magazine:
https://www.kansascitymag.com/is-the...s-who-you-ask/

Twitter has its own hashtag
https://mobile.twitter.com/chopisracist

NY Times: Stop the Chop
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/29/s...hawk-chop.html
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:12 PM 07-12-2020
fuckin' vahe has gone senile

shouldn't be surprised since he was at the head of the crusade to destroy tyreek hill
[Reply]
Frazod 03:21 PM 07-12-2020
He's probably still pissed off about the Super Bowl. Nobody hates the Chiefs like the staff of the star.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 03:45 PM 07-12-2020
"Let's take down a monument," whispered just right. Might be the magic you wanted.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 04:30 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

Fuck you.

— F.A.X. Howard (@FAX_online) July 12, 2020

[Reply]
Halfcan 05:23 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Vahe Gregorian can go **** himself.

And the embarrassing remnants of that sorry ass fishwrap can't go bankrupt and out of business fast enough.
I am surprised the KC Star still has press credentials with the Chiefs. All they do is run hit pieces against them and their players.
[Reply]
Halfcan 05:24 PM 07-12-2020
Due to COVID precautions- the KC Star will not be allowed at Arrowhead One.

Done.
[Reply]
MahiMike 05:28 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Cancel Culture is real. Deal with it.
YOU deal with it. Like a pussy if you want. As for me and my kin, we shall chop with both fucking hands now!
[Reply]
MahiMike 05:29 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Due to COVID precautions- the KC Star will not be allowed at Arrowhead One.

Done.
Defund the Media.
[Reply]
dj56dt58 05:44 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Let's change the name to the Beefs and the chop can be modified to a two hand cutting motion like you're making chopped bbq!

Or just wave cutouts of pork chops in the same motion we use now. I'm excited about our new, meat based traditions.
You want to name the chiefs after a fart?
[Reply]
R Clark 05:55 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Got it right!
[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:59 PM 07-12-2020
The Chiefs (similar to the Braves in baseball) have been incredibly fortunate by having a team that has abysmal racial stereotypes in league like Washington that has allowed the Chiefs to escape the lionshare of national scrutiny.

The moment Washington changes their name, that media scrutiny is going to firebomb the Chiefs. It'll be interesting to see how Clark and company respond to it. My gut tells me that the Chop will be a goner, but I'm not sure much else about the team will need to change.

The Chiefs, for their part, have made very legitimate overtures to the Native American community and have a lot of fans hailing from significant Native American communities in Oklahoma. With how the Chiefs actively worked with Native American communities for the drum tradition, it makes me wonder if the Chiefs are/would actively work behind the scenes to perhaps create a new chant (in leiu of the chop) perhaps with creatives from the Native American community. Fans won't like change, but the Chiefs had zero hesitation on pulling their Touchdown song (I can't even remember why) and after a few angry fans spoke out, and got over it, we now have a much better song thanks to Travis Kelce.

I think the Chiefs are forward thinking enough to anticipate the issue here and find common ground, the org has definitely done so before (linked article below):

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nf...176614726.html
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:15 PM 07-12-2020
Chop won't be a goner, because you can't stop 80,000 people.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 06:23 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Chop won't be a goner, because you can't stop 80,000 people.
Oh yeah, if the fans do it themselves there's nothing that can really be done. See: **** KU chants in Manhappenin'.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:29 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
:-) well said, Mr FAX
[Reply]
Halfcan 06:31 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
The Chiefs (similar to the Braves in baseball) have been incredibly fortunate by having a team that has abysmal racial stereotypes in league like Washington that has allowed the Chiefs to escape the lionshare of national scrutiny.

The moment Washington changes their name, that media scrutiny is going to firebomb the Chiefs. It'll be interesting to see how Clark and company respond to it. My gut tells me that the Chop will be a goner, but I'm not sure much else about the team will need to change.

The Chiefs, for their part, have made very legitimate overtures to the Native American community and have a lot of fans hailing from significant Native American communities in Oklahoma. With how the Chiefs actively worked with Native American communities for the drum tradition, it makes me wonder if the Chiefs are/would actively work behind the scenes to perhaps create a new chant (in leiu of the chop) perhaps with creatives from the Native American community. Fans won't like change, but the Chiefs had zero hesitation on pulling their Touchdown song (I can't even remember why) and after a few angry fans spoke out, and got over it, we now have a much better song thanks to Travis Kelce.

I think the Chiefs are forward thinking enough to anticipate the issue here and find common ground, the org has definitely done so before (linked article below):

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nf...176614726.html

Another retarded article by a fucking moron looking to create a problem where there is none and call it Social Justice. Go fuck yourself.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 15
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up