ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3452 of 3903
« First < 2452295233523402344234483449345034513452 3453345434553456346235023552 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Marcellus 01:39 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
This shit is going to destroy this country at some point.
Originally Posted by Fish:
LOL, no shit. Take a visit to any small town across the midwest. The overwhelming majority are taking zero precautions. It's a drastic difference compared to the cities.
Yea, that's the real issue with this country. Its obvious looking at the data and death rates per capita by state and region.
[Reply]
notorious 01:53 PM 02-25-2021
Now for some positive news:

Our local community has made it fine through the school year (physically open), and we are about to finish basketball season with a limited amount of fans allowed to attend.

Many parents grumbled about having to wear masks, but in the end they rallied and did what it took to keep kids in school, even if they don't agree.

This goes for the entire area of small, rural schools. Boy are we doing things wrong!

I was shocked to hear a lot of the country still hasn't had school. WTF is going on in those areas?
[Reply]
KC_Lee 01:54 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:

Our local community has made it fine through the school year (physically open), and we are about to finish basketball season with a limited amount of fans allowed to attend.

Many parents grumbled about having to wear masks, but in the end they rallied and did what it took to keep kids in school, even if they don't agree.

This goes for the entire area of small, rural schools. Boy are we doing things wrong!

I was shocked to hear a lot of the country still hasn't had school. WTF is going on in those areas?
You'll have to go to the DC forum to get an answer to that question.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:04 PM 02-25-2021
So we have hit our 50 millionth vaccine shot. That’s not terrible for our 2nd month rolling this out.

Considering the Pfizer 1st shot is 62% effective and Moderna having 92% after the first shot, that’s great news.

Now with J&J about to roll out, we should be curb stomping this bitch by the start of summer.
[Reply]
TLO 02:35 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
So we have hit our 50 millionth vaccine shot. That’s not terrible for our 2nd month rolling this out.

Considering the Pfizer 1st shot is 62% effective and Moderna having 92% after the first shot, that’s great news.

Now with J&J about to roll out, we should be curb stomping this bitch by the start of summer.
There's real world data that suggests the 1st Pfizer dose is actually closer to 90% effective 14-21 days after the first shot.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:31 PM 02-25-2021

Originally Posted by suzzer99:
This shit is going to destroy this country at some point.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:34 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Yeah, for sure. But I dont think there are a ton of anti vaxxers. A lot are just ambivalent. If it means getting kids back into schools, church, getting their neighbors restaurant going again, etc... I don't think you're selling a lot of people in these areas that they need it, but you can probably sell plenty of them on just doing it to get it over with.
I live in a rural area. Churches and schools are already open and have been for months. We haven't had any significant outbreaks since early November now.

People are just plain sick of it honestly.

And now we've got a vaccine issue that's pissing people off - reports of clinic staff taking doses home and giving them to family members behind the scenes. It's not a rumor either, I know at least one family member now that got the shot at home, under the table.
[Reply]
ptlyon 03:38 PM 02-25-2021
Why not in a chair Parker?
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:46 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Why not in a chair Parker?
:-)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:22 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I live in a rural area. Churches and schools are already open and have been for months. We haven't had any significant outbreaks since early November now.

People are just plain sick of it honestly.

And now we've got a vaccine issue that's pissing people off - reports of clinic staff taking doses home and giving them to family members behind the scenes. It's not a rumor either, I know at least one family member now that got the shot at home, under the table.
Yeah, I've seen plenty of that from the people I've grown up with. There are pure anti vaxxers and there are people who hate all the vaccine stuff because they think this whole thing is overblown. Very big difference. I know plenty of people who rant about masks but will take the vaccine. Not because they worry about their own safety or even care too much if the vaccine works. But because for a small inconvenience they can just get this whole thing over with. It's not like masks where you make this decision to wear or not wear every single day. For vaccines, you just get over it once and use that as an excuse to give even less of a shit about all this.
[Reply]
notorious 06:05 PM 02-25-2021
So, when you've had the vaccine can you go maskless?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:21 PM 02-25-2021
So, when you've had the vaccine can you go maskless?
No not even after the 28 days following the 2cd shot.
[Reply]
R Clark 06:28 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
No not even after the 28 days following the 2cd shot.
Why is this?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 06:29 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by R Clark:
Why is this?
Because it doesn't stop transmission.
[Reply]
O.city 06:42 PM 02-25-2021
It does but they apparently need thousands of studies to confirm
[Reply]
Page 3452 of 3903
« First < 2452295233523402344234483449345034513452 3453345434553456346235023552 > Last »
Up