ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3348 of 3903
« First < 2348284832483298333833443345334633473348 33493350335133523358339834483848 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rain Man 10:52 PM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
I see this as more like the "compound interest" principle but in reverse? For each vaccination....multiple folks saved.........
Good point. The line is linear (oh, look at that), but the risk reduction is exponential. So right now I'm in line with smelly people and I'm standing in the sun. But at some point the line will move into shade, and then it'll pass a lemonade stand, and at some point close to the front there'll be lobster and wet t-shirt contests and a string quartet.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:24 AM 12-24-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
0.34% of Americans have been vaccinated for this at this point

That’s so awesome.

Proud to be American. When we get our shit together, we get shit done. The time frame we did this in is remarkable
Remarkable leadership.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 07:16 AM 12-24-2020
So right now my friend is in "strong fast flow oxygen" and Remdesivir. God I hope they don't have to go to the ventilator. The mortality statics on a vent are scary. She's in her thirties and obese.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:43 AM 12-24-2020
In an online Soho Forum debate on December 13, Martin Kulldorff, a Harvard biostatistician and epidemiologist and coauthor of the Great Barrington Declaration, debated Andrew Noymer, an associate professor of population health and disease prevention at the University of California, Irvine, who signed the John Snow Memorandum, in an Oxford-style debate.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:00 AM 12-24-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Every person who gets vaccinated is one person closer to me. If the line goes from the Golden Gate Bridge to the Washington Monument, they're in downtown San Francisco now, and I'm probably somewhere between Kentucky and Virginia. But hey, the line's moving and that's the important thing.
Got that right. We finally have a real way out of this shitshow. Light at the end of this dark tunnel can be seen.:-)
[Reply]
SupDock 09:14 AM 12-24-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Got that right. We finally have a real way out of this shitshow. Light at the end of this dark tunnel can be seen.:-)
Just found out I'm getting mine on Saturday.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:15 PM 12-24-2020
Gee...why don't people trust us????

REPORT: Fauci Admits He Lied Because ‘Country Wasn’t Ready’ To Hear The Truth

Dr. Anthony Fauci reportedly said in a phone interview that he has been deliberately changing his public statements regarding the COVID-19 pandemic because he didn’t think people were ready to hear his true beliefs, according to the New York Times.

Fauci has been slowly increasing the number of Americans he says need to be vaccinated for the U.S. to reach “herd immunity” in public statements, the New York Times reported Thursday morning. He reportedly told the Times he has done so “partly based on new science, and partly on his gut feeling that the country is finally ready to hear what he really thinks.”

Dr Fauci’s estimate for reaching herd immunity has been steadily inching up, @nytimes’ Donald McNeil Jr reports. Fauci told us at last week’s @CNBC #HealthyReturns that it may be 75-85%. https://t.co/j18nUYZ3cV pic.twitter.com/hIKewMAFim

— Meg Tirrell (@megtirrell) December 24, 2020

Earlier on in the pandemic, Fauci had said the United States would need 60 to 70 percent of people to be vaccinated in order to reach herd immunity, according to the Times. He cited higher numbers of 75 to 80-plus percent in a CNBC interview last week. That prompted the Times to ask him why he had been “moving the goalposts,” their report says.

He reportedly said in the interview that the true number may be close to 90 percent. He also reportedly admitted that weeks earlier he wanted to keep his estimates low because more Americans were skeptical about getting a vaccine. As more Americans have become comfortable getting a vaccine, he has been willing to increase his estimate to his true projections, according to the Times.

Fauci has been a key medical advisor to multiple presidential administrations and is a trusted figure for many Americans as a source of information about the coronavirus pandemic.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/12/24/a...herd-immunity/
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 02:19 PM 12-24-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Gee...why don't people trust us????

REPORT: Fauci Admits He Lied Because ‘Country Wasn’t Ready’ To Hear The Truth

Dr. Anthony Fauci reportedly said in a phone interview that he has been deliberately changing his public statements regarding the COVID-19 pandemic because he didn’t think people were ready to hear his true beliefs, according to the New York Times.

Fauci has been slowly increasing the number of Americans he says need to be vaccinated for the U.S. to reach “herd immunity” in public statements, the New York Times reported Thursday morning. He reportedly told the Times he has done so “partly based on new science, and partly on his gut feeling that the country is finally ready to hear what he really thinks.”

Earlier on in the pandemic, Fauci had said the United States would need 60 to 70 percent of people to be vaccinated in order to reach herd immunity, according to the Times. He cited higher numbers of 75 to 80-plus percent in a CNBC interview last week. That prompted the Times to ask him why he had been “moving the goalposts,” their report says.

He reportedly said in the interview that the true number may be close to 90 percent. He also reportedly admitted that weeks earlier he wanted to keep his estimates low because more Americans were skeptical about getting a vaccine. As more Americans have become comfortable getting a vaccine, he has been willing to increase his estimate to his true projections, according to the Times.

Fauci has been a key medical advisor to multiple presidential administrations and is a trusted figure for many Americans as a source of information about the coronavirus pandemic.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/12/24/a...herd-immunity/
So he down played it to not cause panic. Seems like I've heard this before.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:39 PM 12-24-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
So he down played it to not cause panic. Seems like I've heard this before.
Not going there as that is pure politics that you are tossing out. That being said Fauci's job is to tell people what is what, imo. This is now at least the 2nd time he has lied "for a good reason".

All I am saying is when this shit happens you can't get pissed when people don't listen to him.

I mean it's like your doctor saying you have cancer but "it's early and we can treat it". Then a few weeks and several chemo treatments later your doctor says "well, I didn't want to tell you that your cancer was stage 4 because I wasn't sure you could handle the truth".

I know that's a bit dramatic but still, his job is to tell us what the deal is, no one gives a fuck about his opinion on people being ready for it or not.
[Reply]
Donger 02:46 PM 12-24-2020
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/24/h....co/j18nUYZ3cV

In a telephone interview the next day, Dr. Fauci acknowledged that he had slowly but deliberately been moving the goal posts. He is doing so, he said, partly based on new science, and partly on his gut feeling that the country is finally ready to hear what he really thinks.

Hard as it may be to hear, he said, he believes that it may take close to 90 percent immunity to bring the virus to a halt — almost as much as is needed to stop a measles outbreak.

Asked about Dr. Fauci’s conclusions, prominent epidemiologists said that he might be proven right. The early range of 60 to 70 percent was almost undoubtedly too low, they said, and the virus is becoming more transmissible, so it will take greater herd immunity to stop it.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:48 PM 12-24-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/24/h....co/j18nUYZ3cV

In a telephone interview the next day, Dr. Fauci acknowledged that he had slowly but deliberately been moving the goal posts. He is doing so, he said, partly based on new science, and partly on his gut feeling that the country is finally ready to hear what he really thinks.

Hard as it may be to hear, he said, he believes that it may take close to 90 percent immunity to bring the virus to a halt — almost as much as is needed to stop a measles outbreak.

Asked about Dr. Fauci’s conclusions, prominent epidemiologists said that he might be proven right. The early range of 60 to 70 percent was almost undoubtedly too low, they said, and the virus is becoming more transmissible, so it will take greater herd immunity to stop it.
Thanks for the Q.....Merry Christmas.....or is it Happy Christmas for you?
[Reply]
Bowser 02:51 PM 12-24-2020
Fauci looks pretty good for 80. All those years piling up profits in the medical field pays off when you're trying to get the high quality adrenochrome.

:-)
[Reply]
Donger 02:51 PM 12-24-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Thanks for the Q.....Merry Christmas.....or is it Happy Christmas for you?
That wasn't a Q. It shows that the 60 to 70% was too low, and that science is now showing that it's higher. Would you rather them ignore the science, or adjust their guess based on what they've learned since the beginning?
[Reply]
petegz28 02:53 PM 12-24-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
That wasn't a Q. It shows that the 60 to 70% was too low, and that science is now showing that it's higher. Would you rather them ignore the science, or adjust their guess based on what they've learned since the beginning?
It was a Q because it was already in my post......
[Reply]
Donger 02:54 PM 12-24-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Fauci looks pretty good for 80. All those years piling up profits in the medical field pays off when you're trying to get the high quality adrenochrome.

:-)
Political post. Reported.
[Reply]
Page 3348 of 3903
« First < 2348284832483298333833443345334633473348 33493350335133523358339834483848 > Last »
Up