ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 3903
« First < 289101112 1314151622621125121012 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BWillie 07:14 PM 02-29-2020
There is no real risk of buying things from China. The virus cannot survive on boxes and the purchased items surface for that long.
[Reply]
Rukdafaidas 08:29 PM 02-29-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
all face masks and most medical supplies used in hospitals are made in China.
The 3M N95 masks are made in the US.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:24 PM 02-29-2020

I was sent to a Costco to see if people are stocking up (even though health officials say it’s not necessary) in case COVID-19 gets more serious here. This guy came out of the store with 16 boxes of condoms and a big jar of coconut oil. We all have priorities. pic.twitter.com/C3edUsgZzH

— Jill Bennett (@jillreports) February 29, 2020

[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:25 PM 02-29-2020
Originally Posted by Rukdafaidas:
The 3M N95 masks are made in the US.
So 99.9% then
[Reply]
Nickhead 09:29 PM 02-29-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
There is no real risk of buying things from China. The virus cannot survive on boxes and the purchased items surface for that long.
it's not the risk of infection, it's the disruption of the supply line, since everything is made in china. our work has been encountering this, and the rest of the mining community. this is going to be the biggest issue :-)
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:08 AM 03-01-2020
Just out of curiosity, I went to Amazon and looked at N95 masks to check prices. I had bought 60 of them last year, for various household projects. I probably still have 50 of them. There is some serious price gouging going on. Last fall I paid 21.50 for 20 of them. The same masks on there now are $89.98.
From what I've read industrial N95 are not the same as medical N95. And in either case you need to shave your facial hair and be fitted for them to be completely effective.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:12 AM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
I think China deserves a little credit as well. The rest of the world had a little time to think and prepare. China just had to react
The good news is life goes on in Hubei province (home of Wuhan) and the economy hasn't grinded to a halt.

I think the panic over this will be worse than the bite.

But still **** if I'm going to the hospital with this if I get it and have to deal with $40k of independent contractors billing me for years - and my insurance covering 30% of it - when all they can do is give you gatorade. I'll stay home and ride it out thanks.
[Reply]
Nickhead 03:06 AM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
From what I've read industrial N95 are not the same as medical N95. And in either case you need to shave your facial hair and be fitted for them to be completely effective.
this is the same policy of every ambo, popo, firie, or doco can't have a beard. they have to have a sealable face :-)
[Reply]
eDave 03:29 AM 03-01-2020

[Reply]
suzzer99 04:15 AM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
this is the same policy of every ambo, popo, firie, or doco can't have a beard. they have to have a sealable face :-)
Yeah on The Zoo the vet had to shave off his beard because the elephants have TB and they have to wear masks around them. Unfortunate as the dude has no chin and looked ok with a beard.
[Reply]
Bwana 07:59 AM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Yeah facial hair and masks generally don't play well together, you need a tight seal.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:32 AM 03-01-2020
Yeah facial hair and masks generally don't play well together, you need a tight seal.
When I was working in the hospital they didn't allow you to have a beard and work in the ICU. Even if there was no one in isolation. Because the people that are in the ICU could quickly escalate into isolation during a shift. You could work in the ER but only if a women or a 2nd male without a beard was also on duty.

Wonder if in this era, they can still do that?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:43 AM 03-01-2020
Preachers in the USA beware, Your own flock may turn on you.:-)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The city of Seoul, South Korea, on Sunday asked prosecutors to investigate the founder of a church at the center of the country’s coronavirus outbreak and other top leaders of the sect on murder and other criminal charges.

Official believe that the church has contributed to the country’s rising death toll from the virus — which reached 18 as of Sunday — by failing to provide disease-control officials with a full accurate list of church members and by interfering with the government’s efforts to fight the outbreak.

In a Facebook post, Mayor Park Won-soon of Seoul said the church’s behavior was tantamount to “murder through to willful negligence.”

Officials say that nearly 60 percent of the 3,736 confirmed cases in South Korea are in members of Shincheonji Church of Jesus in the southeastern city of Daegu or people who came into contact with them.
[Reply]
Bwana 08:59 AM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
When I was working in the hospital they didn't allow you to have a beard and work in the ICU. Even if there was no one in isolation. Because the people that are in the ICU could quickly escalate into isolation during a shift. You could work in the ER but only if a women or a 2nd male without a beard was also on duty.

Wonder if in this era, they can still do that?
No idea about the rules pertaining to the medical field, but they are very particular about it in most refineries.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:25 AM 03-01-2020
New case in Chicago.

So that means soon to be in Minneapolis-it is the first of the month so they have to come here and pick up their welfare checks.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 3903
« First < 289101112 1314151622621125121012 > Last »
Up