ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2012 of 2683
« First < 1012151219121962200220082009201020112012 20132014201520162022206221122512 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Giant Octopodes 06:53 AM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Same with the tuck rule fumble. He’s been pretty dang lucky the last 20 years.
I know, I mean, if the rules were different, or if they were just called incorrectly, he wouldn't have won! What a lucky guy! I'm sure there aren't many others who benefit from the correct application of the rules, even when the rules are a bit silly.

I'm sure that Browns fans won't obsess over the Fumble Through Endzone Rule for the next 20 years like Raiders fans and others over the Tuck Rule. I'm sure 49ers fans won't obsess over that 4th down stop that wasn't because of a generous spot. Nah, right? Brady is just uniquely lucky, and the media is uniquely obsessed with the Tuck Rule, because, well, that's different somehow?
[Reply]
synthesis2 09:22 AM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
Aside from his statistical accomplishments and winning titles, Jordan was great because he did things nobody before him had done and was clearly above every player in the league in terms of talent. Jordan was famous for:

- Flying in the air and dunking the ball from the free throw line
- Reverse hand layup move which had never been done before
- His trademark fadeaway jumper which Kobe later borrowed

Mahomes, like Jordan, aside from his statistical accomplishments and having already won a title, is clearly the best player in the NFL. There is no close second.
Mahomes is famous for:

- No look pass
- Stretching his body and throwing in the opposite direction
- Making side arm throws a casual thing
- Dropping back 10-15 yards and firing a rocket without having his feet set in throwing motion
- Throwing a deadly accurate 30+ yard pass in the SB while parallel to the ground

When I see Tom Brady play, I can't see anything that wows me and makes me jump off my seat. I see a dink and dunk QB throwing short easy passes to his receivers. His only attribute worth mentioning is his poise and calmness in the pocket. But no physical specialty which is what defines a great athlete.
Best written synopsis I have ever seen written....
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 10:05 AM 02-16-2021
So, in short, at this point, we should just redefine Tom Brady as no longer the ‘G.O.A.T.’, but the M.A.O.A.T. - doesn’t quite roll off the tongue quite as well. But there’s no definitive abstract data to define him as the ‘greatest QB of all time’ and that is purely subjective on so many different levels, but I AM willing to concede he is the most ‘accomplished’ QB of all time. Now, as far as you wanna argue to why that is or how that is, that’s another discussion, but he clearly has achieved more ‘winning’ than any QB in history, so he can have that.

So Tom Brady is the M.A.O.A.T., or MOAT, if you prefer.

But as far as the GOAT, there are several other QB’s I would put in that discussion ahead of Brady and Mahomes is starting to enter that discussion himself, even though he is only 3 full years into his NFL career.

VERY excited to see how it all unfolds for him over the next 15+ years . . . . .
[Reply]
synthesis2 10:50 AM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
So, in short, at this point, we should just redefine Tom Brady as no longer the ‘G.O.A.T.’, but the M.A.O.A.T. - doesn’t quite roll off the tongue quite as well. But there’s no definitive abstract date to define him as the ‘greatest QB of all time’ and that is purely subjective on so many different levels, but I AM willing to concede he is the most ‘accomplished’ QB of all time. Now, as far as you wanna argue to why that is or how that is, that’s another discussion, but he clearly has achieved more ‘winning’ than any QB in history, so he can have that.

So Tom Brady is the M.A.O.A.T., or MOAT, if you prefer.

But as far as the GOAT, there are several other QB’s I would put in that discussion ahead of Brady and Mahomes is starting to enter that discussion himself, even though he is only 3 full years into his NFL career.

VERY excited to see how it all unfolds for him over the next 15+ years . . . . .
I like that "MAOAT" , that's perfect for Brady, it takes nothing away from his Rings as it still shows that he has accomplished a lot as the QB of a team, but does not give him a title of the "best ever" when the best ever is compiled of a lot more than just rings on a team of 53 players.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 12:18 PM 02-16-2021
So awesome even incomplete passes documented

Incomplete pass by Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes makes NFL list of season's top 100 plays http://a.msn.com/02/en-us/BB1dJ2uk?ocid=st
[Reply]
gblowfish 12:29 PM 02-16-2021
The lovely Mrs B gave me Patrick Mahomes for VD. There's actually a couple Mahomes Hallmark ornaments. The original is the one in the white road jersey. He's holding the ball left handed like when he pitched it vs. Denver. In the new one she just gave me he's in his red jersey, holding the ball right handed and looking downfield. He's a little darker in the new version. Helmet is the same. This is on the ornament tree in my office that I keep momentos I've received over the years.
Attached: patpic2.jpg (120.0 KB) 
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 01:01 PM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
The lovely Mrs B gave me Patrick Mahomes for VD. There's actually a couple Mahomes Hallmark ornaments. The original is the one in the white road jersey. He's holding the ball left handed like when he pitched it vs. Denver. In the new one she just gave me he's in his red jersey, holding the ball right handed and looking downfield. He's a little darker in the new version. Helmet is the same. This is on the ornament tree in my office that I keep momentos I've received over the years.
So wait, your wife gave you VD...or gave Patrick Mahomes VD...or wait...OK I get it now.

:-)
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:45 PM 02-16-2021
I think it is obvious that Mahomes is a better QB than Brady right now.

And physical talent Mahomes is clearly superior. I do think Brady in his prime is being sold short a little here. His arm talent was far better than many people think and his lightning fast processing and short-intermediate accuracy was a DEADLY combo.

Of course he had Belichick always supplying him with a well coached defense and a top offensive line that could protect him.

Moving on the GOAT talk was dumb because there are two separate issues. Most accomplished QB was Brady and is likely to remain so.

Mahomes is the most talented QB I have ever seen play..he was making jaw dropping "what the hell" plays at Texas Tech.
[Reply]
Dayze 08:06 AM 02-17-2021
If Brady were in year 4 coming up this season....I'd still take Mahomes every day of the week.
"most accomplished of all time" is a great description, and accurate.
[Reply]
synthesis2 08:56 AM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I think it is obvious that Mahomes is a better QB than Brady right now.

And physical talent Mahomes is clearly superior. I do think Brady in his prime is being sold short a little here. His arm talent was far better than many people think and his lightning fast processing and short-intermediate accuracy was a DEADLY combo.

Of course he had Belichick always supplying him with a well coached defense and a top offensive line that could protect him.

Moving on the GOAT talk was dumb because there are two separate issues. Most accomplished QB was Brady and is likely to remain so.

Mahomes is the most talented QB I have ever seen play..he was making jaw dropping "what the hell" plays at Texas Tech.

I'm not trying to sell Brady short in his prime, one person put that he was like a "Steve Nash" type of player and as a Sun's fan I can 100% get it. I mean a football team has 53 guys on it so one player is not a team, heck 5-8 players are not a team. Steve was a B+,A- leader of the team and was able to distribute the ball to whoever for the team to win.

Brady ability wise even at his height was a B+, A-, ne never did anything that made your jaw drop but just made the vanilla plays he needed to make to win the game. It takes nothing away from his titles as he is the MOAAT but in terms of talent I am not sure he even cracks the top 20.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:31 AM 02-17-2021
Bit of a sobering experience I had recently skimming through mock drafts and fan comments..

Saw a lot of fans from teams like Detroit, the Jets, Falcons, etc. commenting how they want this QB or that QB. Some of them are all in on specific prospects too, “Zach Wilson or bust” was a common theme..

And it made me think back to 2017 when many of us were in that same spot. Begging for a QB, and most of us even wanted Mahomes specifically while knowing it would require a major trade to even be possible.

Just thankful. Not only did the wishes come true, but it has went as great as it possibly could have. Here’s to hopefully another 15+ years.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:43 PM 02-17-2021

Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes' incomplete pass from Super Bowl LV makes NFL's Top 100 playshttps://t.co/QnD2tFLqiP

— Chiefs Wire (@TheChiefsWire) February 18, 2021

[Reply]
olgaol3 02-18-2021, 11:55 AM
This message has been deleted by Bearcat.
MahomesMagic 12:47 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Bit of a sobering experience I had recently skimming through mock drafts and fan comments..

Saw a lot of fans from teams like Detroit, the Jets, Falcons, etc. commenting how they want this QB or that QB. Some of them are all in on specific prospects too, “Zach Wilson or bust” was a common theme..

And it made me think back to 2017 when many of us were in that same spot. Begging for a QB, and most of us even wanted Mahomes specifically while knowing it would require a major trade to even be possible.

Just thankful. Not only did the wishes come true, but it has went as great as it possibly could have. Here’s to hopefully another 15+ years.
There are 3 good NFL QB prospects in 2021 in Wilson, Lawrence, and Lance (I see Fields in the Lock territory value-wise).

Only a dinosaur scout would think that Lawrence is a better QB prospect than Mahomes was(taller, winner, 5 star recruit, etc).
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:55 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
There are 3 good NFL QB prospects in 2021 in Wilson, Lawrence, and Lance (I see Fields in the Lock territory value-wise).

Only a dinosaur scout would think that Lawrence is a better QB prospect than Mahomes was(taller, winner, 5 star recruit, etc).
I'm no expert, but I've seen nothing from Lawrence that leads me to believe he'll have great success in the NFL. He's solid, but not spectacular.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:13 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
I'm no expert, but I've seen nothing from Lawrence that leads me to believe he'll have great success in the NFL. He's solid, but not spectacular.
Wilson is probably a better QB.
[Reply]
Page 2012 of 2683
« First < 1012151219121962200220082009201020112012 20132014201520162022206221122512 > Last »
Up