ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2011 of 2687
« First < 1011151119111961200120072008200920102011 20122013201420152021206121112511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Chieftain 05:18 PM 02-15-2021
As a hockey fan I'll make a reasonable analogy here. Roy is considered the greatest playoff goalie ever. But having seen him at his prime, he was never as good as Hasek and Brodeur. Hasek never won a title but he is still to this day considered by most hockey fans the greatest goalie ever. Brodeur was more accomplished but what made him stand out above Roy was his talent. Marty was a superior talent to Roy. His butterfly stance and puck handling was the best ever. Roy got the credit because of his playoff success. He is the NHL's version of Tom Brady.
[Reply]
DRM08 06:37 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by New World Order:
It was really the offensive line and stupid penalties.

I mean if the line blocks and take away some of the penalties, I think we win.
There were some backbreaking drops by receivers as well.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 07:48 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by New World Order:
We are not going to be denied this year.

They are going to be on a fucking mission
Hope so.

Unfortunately, you can’t put Pat’s head and heart in every players body.

And it’s not like it’s basketball with Jordan where one player can just take over a game and dominate. He’ll need to get his guys on board.

HOPEFULLY, they ALL will be very motivated after the way the last season ended. IF they are, there is NO team out there that can stop us, including Brady and the Bucs.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:11 PM 02-15-2021
Jordan never beat Bird.

Mahomes may not get another chance to gouge Brady's beady little eyes out in the Super Bowl again. This may have been his last chance.

Whatever. He'll just have to go on and have the fucking ridiculous stellar career that leaves no doubt in (reasonable) peoples' minds that he's a far better QB than Brady can ever hope to become.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:32 PM 02-15-2021
I fee pretty positive that Mahomes and the rest of the team that just got embarrassed on the biggest stage will be even more motivated this coming season. They’ve heard all the negative talk, and all the criticism. Never seen the team so unfocused in the Mahomes era, and IMO it mostly comes back to Britt Reid. There was absolutely no fire from the team on the sidelines, no sight of Patrick getting everyone together and getting their heads in the game. Had to be the worst timing between losing Fisher, Patrick’s toe, Britt Reid being a complete dumb ass, and the Bucs playing at home with no travel. Add in Andy with the worst gameplan I can remember with no will to adjust. Sorry ranting, but I think the team will be ready to prove the doubters wrong. It’s still our time, and KC is gonna #TakeItBack
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 10:08 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Jordan never beat Bird.

Mahomes may not get another chance to gouge Brady's beady little eyes out in the Super Bowl again. This may have been his last chance.

Whatever. He'll just have to go on and have the ****ing ridiculous stellar career that leaves no doubt in (reasonable) peoples' minds that he's a far better QB than Brady can ever hope to become.
Four out of five meetings in Brady's backyard..two defeats when he had a terrible defense and lost a coin flip, the other he had no line to protect him. The two times when the playing field was level were the two times he won.
[Reply]
Chieftain 10:20 PM 02-15-2021
Out of all the QBs that have ever played, nobody, NOBODY, would perform better than Mahomes did in the Super Bowl given the circumstances. This wasn't even a case of Brady outplaying him. Mahomes had everything stacked against him. Historically bad O Line, receivers dropping 80% of the passes and unquestionably the refereeing in the first half which would make Clete Blakeman blush for how onesided it was.

Brady is the luckiest QB. It's amazing how lucky this fucker has been throughout his career. I have no problem with acknowledging greatness when I see it. With Brady, I see a very normal QB who is abnormally lucky in the playoffs.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:43 PM 02-15-2021
I just wish Williams would have caught that crazy diving pass. We almost certainly still lose - but at least we have an all time SB highlight.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:47 PM 02-15-2021
I can take losing the SB. But this fucking Brady/Gronk Disneyland commercial is going to kill me. It always comes on when I'm like 10' away from the remote.
[Reply]
synthesis2 11:00 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Four out of five meetings in Brady's backyard..two defeats when he had a terrible defense and lost a coin flip, the other he had no line to protect him. The two times when the playing field was level were the two times he won.
I don't like the "coin Flip" example as much as the Dee Ford gift. The game was over, Brady chocked and the whole world saw it. Dee Ford wasn't close and didn't effect Brady 1% on that play, heck he didn't even see him on it.

Brady made a mistake and threw a bad throw, we picked it, game over, oh wait.... No Dee Ford game them the game.

Even though it sour grapes to a degree I'll never recognize Brady winning that Ring as he should of never of even played in the game and chocked when his team needed him the most. Most will never remember but I won't forget..
[Reply]
synthesis2 11:01 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
Out of all the QBs that have ever played, nobody, NOBODY, would perform better than Mahomes did in the Super Bowl given the circumstances. This wasn't even a case of Brady outplaying him. Mahomes had everything stacked against him. Historically bad O Line, receivers dropping 80% of the passes and unquestionably the refereeing in the first half which would make Clete Blakeman blush for how onesided it was.

Brady is the luckiest QB. It's amazing how lucky this ****er has been throughout his career. I have no problem with acknowledging greatness when I see it. With Brady, I see a very normal QB who is abnormally lucky in the playoffs.
Almost brought a tear to my eye..... Well said..
[Reply]
srvy 11:02 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:
Enjoyed this.
[Reply]
Chieftain 11:25 PM 02-15-2021
Aside from his statistical accomplishments and winning titles, Jordan was great because he did things nobody before him had done and was clearly above every player in the league in terms of talent. Jordan was famous for:

- Flying in the air and dunking the ball from the free throw line
- Reverse hand layup move which had never been done before
- His trademark fadeaway jumper which Kobe later borrowed

Mahomes, like Jordan, aside from his statistical accomplishments and having already won a title, is clearly the best player in the NFL. There is no close second.
Mahomes is famous for:

- No look pass
- Stretching his body and throwing in the opposite direction
- Making side arm throws a casual thing
- Dropping back 10-15 yards and firing a rocket without having his feet set in throwing motion
- Throwing a deadly accurate 30+ yard pass in the SB while parallel to the ground

When I see Tom Brady play, I can't see anything that wows me and makes me jump off my seat. I see a dink and dunk QB throwing short easy passes to his receivers. His only attribute worth mentioning is his poise and calmness in the pocket. But no physical specialty which is what defines a great athlete.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:17 AM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
Enjoyed this.
I don't know. Watching the Bucs get home rushing 4 time after time is really sad.
[Reply]
DRM08 04:01 AM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by synthesis2:
I don't like the "coin Flip" example as much as the Dee Ford gift. The game was over, Brady chocked and the whole world saw it. Dee Ford wasn't close and didn't effect Brady 1% on that play, heck he didn't even see him on it.

Brady made a mistake and threw a bad throw, we picked it, game over, oh wait.... No Dee Ford game them the game.

Even though it sour grapes to a degree I'll never recognize Brady winning that Ring as he should of never of even played in the game and chocked when his team needed him the most. Most will never remember but I won't forget..
Same with the tuck rule fumble. He’s been pretty dang lucky the last 20 years.
[Reply]
Page 2011 of 2687
« First < 1011151119111961200120072008200920102011 20122013201420152021206121112511 > Last »
Up