ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1965 of 2678
« First < 965146518651915195519611962196319641965 19661967196819691975201520652465 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:59 PM 11-30-2020

[Reply]
Halfcan 06:03 PM 11-30-2020
Mahomes moved ahead of Bill Kenney into #3 All-Time on the Chiefs Passing TD's and is # 5 in Passing Yardage.

Mahomes also moved ahead of two All-Time Chief Greats- Matt Cassel and Bill Kenney on the NFL Passing TD Record list.
[Reply]
Pants 09:03 PM 11-30-2020

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:13 PM 11-30-2020
Exactly the same thing I said about Sammy; he makes the offense insanely better. I'd still love to see us find a Deebo Samuel clone that might make us unstoppable, but I digress.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 11:31 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Bet He’d love to have this throw back.

They are both at fault. We have seen Hardman make several fingertip catches this year, and he had both hands on the ball. Should have been a catch.

Mahomes is standing flat footed when he releases the ball. His did step forward, but when he makes his throwing motion, both feet are firmly on the ground.

We have seen Mahomes throw picks when flat footed, including a pick 6 against the Rams. While he absolutely has the arm talent to make throws without proper mechanics, like the 40 yard TD pass in this very game, but he struggles with accuracy when he makes these type of throws.

I think Mahomes hurried the throw when he could have let Hardman keep running, and step into the throw with some air under it. He still would have had to hurry, but we all know he is capable of doing it.

Bad throw.

I know a lot of people, not just in Kansas City or just Chiefs fans, were pretty annoyed with Romo going out of his way to make excuses for Brady. So, if we believe Brady should be criticized when he plays poorly, we have to call out Mahomes when he misses plays like this (because he never plays poorly)

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:54 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
They are both at fault. We have seen Hardman make several fingertip catches this year, and he had both hands on the ball. Should have been a catch.

Mahomes is standing flat footed when he releases the ball. His did step forward, but when he makes his throwing motion, both feet are firmly on the ground.

We have seen Mahomes throw picks when flat footed, including a pick 6 against the Rams. While he absolutely has the arm talent to make throws without proper mechanics, like the 40 yard TD pass in this very game, but he struggles with accuracy when he makes these type of throws.

I think Mahomes hurried the throw when he could have let Hardman keep running, and step into the throw with some air under it. He still would have had to hurry, but we all know he is capable of doing it.

Bad throw.

I know a lot of people, not just in Kansas City or just Chiefs fans, were pretty annoyed with Romo going out of his way to make excuses for Brady. So, if we believe Brady should be criticized when he plays poorly, we have to call out Mahomes when he misses plays like this (because he never plays poorly)

That right there. You watch the video, and Patrick looks over, sees Mecole ridiculously wide open, and that electric part of his brain pulls the trigger, and he just acts. He fires that ball out there without taking a quarter of a second to think about it first. I think what he did was purely instinctual. And I think he does stuff like that nearly every game. And most of the time it works out just fine, but this time it didn't and he misfired.

In other words, i don't believe he misread the rush; I think he knew damn well there was no rush. But when he looked over and saw that huge sea of green around Hardman all alone, his brain pressed the "FIRE" button and the missile was off the rail before he had time to think "he's wide open."

Would've been the cap to a truly epic performance, but it's okay. He'll get another chance like that some other day.

And two years from now when Patrick is truly in his prime, when he's not just doing Aaron Rodgers' things, but combining that with Peyton Manning things, when he sees that opportunity again the throw is going to be unspeakably perfect. Mecole's hands at full stride, angling away from the nearest defender. Hell, it might be so good that he'll throw it no-look.

But there will be a slight hesitation before he launches that one.
[Reply]
lcarus 11:58 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
That right there. You watch the video, and Patrick looks over, sees Mecole ridiculously wide open, and that electric part of his brain pulls the trigger, and he just acts. He fires that ball out there without taking a quarter of a second to think about it first. I think what he did was purely instinctual. And I think he does stuff like that nearly every game. And most of the time it works out just fine, but this time it didn't and he misfired.

In other words, i don't believe he misread the rush; I think he knew damn well there was no rush. But when he looked over and saw that huge sea of green around Hardman all alone, his brain pressed the "FIRE" button and the missile was off the rail before he had time to think "he's wide open."

Would've been the cap to a truly epic performance, but it's okay. He'll get another chance like that some other day.

And two years from now when Patrick is truly in his prime, when he's not just doing Aaron Rodgers' things, but combining that with Peyton Manning things, when he sees that opportunity again the throw is going to be unspeakably perfect. Mecole's hands at full stride, angling away from the nearest defender. Hell, it might be so good that he'll throw it no-look.

Yep he could have taken a bit off that one and it would've been 7. And I think the same thing all the time. Just imagine when this dude is 29 and a "grizzled veteran" with a hopefully beefed up OL and even more weapons. He will break the 7 TDs in a game record and probably be the first guy to throw 60 in a season at some point as well. It's gonna just be ridiculous.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 12:02 AM 12-01-2020

Yeah, I think he had time to gather himself, and make a better throw, but Mahomes is Mahomes. I would never (OBVIOUSLY) want him to change, but I think you are right that he won't miss that again.

I believe he is already doing Rodgers type things and Manning type things, but he is also doing Russ type things, and Marino type things, and Warner type things. And at the rate he improves, who TF knows how good he will be in 2 years.

I think he is starting to do this now, but in another 2 years Mahomes will have rewritten what it means to be the best QB in the NFL.

[Reply]
Nickhead 12:23 AM 12-01-2020
PMII = Perfect Man the II'nd (after jesus of course) :-)
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 12:36 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
PMII = Perfect Man the II'nd (after jesus of course) :-)
Supposedly, Jesus could walk on water, then turn the water into wine, or maybe he was walking on wine and just claimed it was originally water...whatever. But, does anyone think Jesus could pull off 2-3 Jet Chip Wasp on 3rd & 15 in the Super Bowl?

Jesus needs to stick to the rivers and the lakes that he's used to.

[Reply]
Halfcan 01:11 AM 12-01-2020
1. Kansas City Chiefs (10-1, LW: 1)

Patrick Mahomes finally got to 1,500 career passes, which qualified him for the all-time record in passer rating. His 110.7 rating is now the record. Deshaun Watson is a distant second at 103.6. Only four quarterbacks in NFL history have a career rating above 98.7. We’re watching something special.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:29 AM 12-01-2020
:-)

This shit is hilarious. CAUTION: some words/phrases used during the video may cause some snowflakes to spontaneously give birth to kittens. Watch at your own risk:

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:44 AM 12-01-2020
On that throw to Hardman, Mahomes has incredible spatial awareness. It looked to me like he got greedy and was trying to lead Mecole towards a sure TD. If he had made it easier than Mecole has an easier catch but is more likely to be tackled before he scores.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:01 AM 12-01-2020

This shit is hilarious. CAUTION: some words/phrases used during the video may cause some snowflakes to spontaneously give birth to kittens. Watch at your own risk:
[Reply]
Bob Dole 08:15 AM 12-01-2020

I don’t know which is more amazing. That someone took that much time to put that together, or that I spent that much time watching it.
[Reply]
Page 1965 of 2678
« First < 965146518651915195519611962196319641965 19661967196819691975201520652465 > Last »
Up