ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Media Center>'Godzilla vs. Kong' Likely the Latest Tentpole to Go to a Streamer
Imon Yourside 03:20 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by Kman34:
I enjoyed it... Can’t over analyze movies like this.. Just have fun watching the action..
But it was unrealistic! It was FICTION MAN! :-)

These movies started off super cheesy but we loved them as kids, that's the whole point.
[Reply]
Mennonite 07:02 PM 04-03-2021
Originally Posted by unlurking:
I thought it was 15 minutes of awesome fights and 2 hours of absolute shit. I turned it off and walked away less than an hour in not sure if I'd come back to it. I did, but it was work getting through the non-fight scenes. I'd recommend waiting for the action only cut on youtube.

This is the correct take. The Stranger Things girl and her two sidekicks, the black incel and the bloated teenage eunuch, were insufferable.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:08 PM 04-02-2021
Yeah, the movie was fantastical af.

My favorite moments were when Big G atomic breathed a hole to the Earth's core then made eye contact with Kong like "sup BITCH?"

And then they downloaded the energy stuff they found in the core lol made no sense whatsoever
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:04 AM 04-03-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

And then they downloaded the energy stuff they found in the core lol made no sense whatsoever
Yea. How do you upload a chemical element?
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:24 AM 04-04-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Yeah, the movie was fantastical af.

My favorite moments were when Big G atomic breathed a hole to the Earth's core then made eye contact with Kong like "sup BITCH?"

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Yea. How do you upload a chemical element?
They uploaded the "blueprint" of the energy source molecule or the energy profile. It stretches belief, but we are watching a movie about titans.

Only because of the extremely cool ending do I give this a 7/10.

The side story that really never added much with Bobby Brown and the kid from Deadpool 2 (FireFist), made all their parts really drag.

Easily the weakest of this series of movies thus far.
[Reply]
Rausch 07:20 PM 04-04-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:

The side story that really never added much with Bobby Brown and the kid from Deadpool 2 (FireFist), made all their parts really drag.

Easily the weakest of this series of movies thus far.
Honestly I would have preferred the conspiracy guy to have gone on his quest alone. No need for 11 or the fat kid.

I thought the little deaf girl did a good job though. Her scenes with Kong were the heart of the movie.

I think it's the movie I enjoyed most of the 4. It was the most fun but not the best film...
[Reply]
Why Not? 10:47 PM 04-02-2021
Loved it! Of course the acting sucked. It would be weird if it didn’t. Plenty of action, solid ending. What more could you ask for in this type of film?
[Reply]
Sorry 12:14 AM 04-05-2021
That girl from stranger things was terrible in this movie. I hated everytime she was on the screen...added nothing to the storyline lol.

Plot was cartoonish but it was just a fun movie.
[Reply]
Mennonite 09:08 AM 04-05-2021
Originally Posted by Sorry:
That girl from stranger things was terrible in this movie. I hated everytime she was on the screen...added nothing to the storyline lol.

Truth. She and her two friends were there to provide exposition only. In an incredibly annoying pointless manner. You could have cut out 20+ minutes of their scenes with two lines of dialog by the bad guy: "Godzilla is homing in on X" and "Z uses psionics."

On the positive side the Mexican chick was hot. The movie could have used a lot more of her and a lot less of the deaf Asian toddler staring in wonder.

As cheesy as it is, I still found the fight scene in the original more entertaining than the ones in the new movie:

Those old movies are just more fun.
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:42 PM 04-05-2021
Watching it now on HBO MAX in my man cave using projector on the wall.
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:05 PM 04-05-2021
Godzilla better win in the end that's all I want Fuck KONG
[Reply]
Why Not? 02:14 PM 04-05-2021
Originally Posted by Sorry:

Yeah. I love Stranger Things and she’s great in that but she may be a one trick pony as an actress.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:30 PM 04-05-2021
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Yeah. I love Stranger Things and she’s great in that but she may be a one trick pony as an actress.
She was really good as Enola Holmes in the Netflix movie of the same name.

The acting in KvG was abhorrent across the board, which is on the director.
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:58 PM 04-05-2021
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:15 PM 04-05-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Spoiler!

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 6 of 10