ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Christmas Season Such a time to celebrate and reflect
HonestChieffan 10:24 AM 12-01-2019
Its Raider Game day so we need to give great energy to the Chiefs.

Also today is the first Sunday in Advent. Advent is essentially the month leading up to Christmas when Christians worldwide celebrate the birth of the baby Jesus.

Many Christians in the United States attend a church service on the first Sunday of Advent and may engage in activities such as special prayers and contributing to ideas on enhancing peace. Many Advent traditions are observed in the United States in the prelude to Christmas Day. For example, the Advent wreath is becoming increasingly popular in the United States. The wreath can be seen in various churches across the nation around this time of the year.

Advent calendars of all designs are also given as gifts at this time of the year. The calendars feature openings in the form of windows or doors that are numbered to count the days to Christmas. Calendars may contain chocolates, toys, or candy and are given to children as a fun way to observe the Christmas countdown. Some traditional Advent calendars show 24 days but many Advent calendars showing 25 days, with the last opening on Christmas Day.

The church year begins in September 1 in many eastern Christian churches, so Advent begins at a different time to when it starts in the western churches. The eastern equivalent of Advent is called the Nativity Fast, which runs for 40 days.

https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays...-sunday-advent

Here is a great musical celebration to just enjoy.

There are so many great traditional songs of this season.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:40 PM 12-24-2019
Good for Barry, credit where due

Nothing wrenches at the heart like kids in the hospital

Just like these Shriner Hospital commercials you're seeing
everywhere these days... I'm always humbled by them, bitching about my life seems like such a disgrace after watching one
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 07:59 PM 12-24-2019

[Reply]
HonestChieffan 08:00 PM 12-24-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Good for Barry, credit where due

Nothing wrenches at the heart like kids in the hospital

Just like these Shriner Hospital commercials you're seeing
everywhere these days... I'm always humbled by them, bitching about my life seems like such a disgrace after watching one

A visit to a Shriners Hospital will change you in ways you cannot imagine.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:20 PM 12-24-2019
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
A visit to a Shriners Hospital will change you in ways you cannot imagine.
I was actually treated by their hospital in St Louis at age 8, back when mom was single and struggling to make ends meet

It was a huge help, they’re doing great work... but yeah those commercials are killers, they’ll humble you right up
[Reply]
Raiderhader 09:02 PM 12-24-2019
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
On a personal note of reflection I'd just like to say that this time last year my life was an absolute mess then an old friend prompted me to pick up God's Word again and amazingly within a few days of reading I came across a scripture I'd never read.

Proverbs 20 Wine is a mocker,beer is a brawler,those led astray by it are unwise.

The key words for me here were "led astray" and I made the best decision of my life by rededicating my life to Jesus.

This Christmas season has been unbelievable and I'm so looking forward to a candlelight communion service tonight at church and celebrating the greatest gift ever.

I don't share this to boast but to share the good news that if anyone thinks they are beyond forgiveness for anything please humble yourself and seek out the One who died for you as He is waiting with arms open wide.

Merry Christmas to all and may God bless you and yours.

I’m happy to have read this. Merry Christmas, brother!
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 06:36 AM 12-25-2019

[Reply]
SuperBowl4 07:36 AM 12-25-2019
baby Jesus
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 06:17 PM 12-25-2019

[Reply]
stevieray 09:11 PM 12-25-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
Be even better if it wasn't broadcasted
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 09:53 PM 12-25-2019
God bless us all.

A Merry Christmas and wishes for good for all in the coming year.

The blessings of Jesus on everyone. And let's prepare to celebrate the new year in a week.

Go Chiefs!!!

The Christ Child is born!!!
[Reply]
cosmo20002 10:30 PM 12-25-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Be even better if it wasn't broadcasted
Funny, you didn't feel that way about the egg mcmuffin miracle.
[Reply]
Nzoner 09:21 AM 12-26-2019
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
I’m happy to have read this. Merry Christmas, brother!
Thanks brother,hope your Christmas was merry and your New Year is blessed.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 09:29 AM 12-26-2019
Thanks everyone who enjoyed the music and the day!! We are blessed!!
[Reply]
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Up